Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Are The Best Hurls?

Options
  • 06-04-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I have always wondered what people think are the best hurls. I have always liked Philip Larkins from Galway but just wanted to hear hurls what other people like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I've never heard them called hurls before...interesting that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Torpey (haven't played in a while but...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

wooden ones!!!!!

sorry couldnt help myself-used to use delany's from killkenny myself, back in the day....light and good for a skillfull hurler ;) , but the bands are ****e and they take about as much hardship as a cocktail stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

Yeah delanys are good but as you say they break like a cacktail stick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Archebald

era id say o donavans are pretty good,, i think the o connor hurleys are only average enough now,,,they are always too fresh if u no wat i mean,,,
    noonans were always a safe bet:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

WHere do yoou get O donavans?

im unsure ,,could try and check it out for ye,,o donavan hurlings are great for the sideline cuts though:)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

There's a man who makes them around Craughwell in Galway but for the life of me i can't remember his name. I got two of him last year and they were the best hurleys i ever had.

I was using O' Connors & Doyle hurleys up to that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

s_carnage wrote: »
    There's a man who makes them around Craughwell in Galway but for the life of me i can't remember his name. I got two of him last year and they were the best hurleys i ever had.

were they O'Dea's by any chance. think the guy's based near Ardrahan. Used to use them a few years ago, not sure if he's still makin them but they were by far the best i've ever played with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Yep thats the name alright. I knew it was O' something. It took a few wks to get them off him but they were worth the wait alright!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

taidghbaby wrote: »
    wooden ones!!!!!!

Damn straight, the vibrations from the fibreglass ones were an absolute killer

DO either of you know how to get O'Deas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Danuogma

LIDL hurls all the way boy.

They are fairly good but there were none left when I was going to buy one!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Killme00 wrote: »
    Damn straight, the vibrations from the fibreglass ones were an absolute killer
    funnily enough i actually remember playin indoor hurling as a young fella with a plastic sliothar that had holes through it, and hurls with rubber bosh's!! great times :)

I am still interested in the number for O'Deas if anyone has it. Was also looking for the number for Dolmens I think they are called from Butlerstown in Waterforf if anyone has them thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

different hurleys for different players

I like Star hurleys myself. get a nice, light balanced one and you can't get better

Yeah you are right but it is hard to get a nice one if you order them so you have togo to kilkenny to look first

some clubs stock them in their shops

• Advertisement

Do they? What ones?

a club in Dublin I know...

What club is it?

well its not Crokes anyway:D

How do you know that they don't have them in Crokes

o donavan hurleys are from bandon i think

Paddy O'Dea, Ardrahan 091-635134 is that the O'Deas you are talking about?

its a club on the northside

Ok but how do you know they don't have them in Crokes?

• Advertisement

well if crokes sold them, you wouldn't be wondering where you could get one...

now would ya?

Advertisement