Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PROJECT: Elementus

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

its actually not half as bright in person. i think the camera doesnt do a great job with it.
    even with the flash off its still a lot brghter.

have to admit, i love the uv city inside it :)

small update.

tempssm6.jpg

here's a shot of some of the temps. havnt got around to playing with it yet, due to work... :(
    but im working on the oc at the moment.

current 3dmark06 bench results are 12,800 with stock settings on all.
    i reckon i can get the cpu to about 3.4 - 3.6 as temps are currently hitting 35 idle and 47 on load.
    gpu temps are at 38 idle and 49 on load.

looks promising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sweet build man. Looks like a back breaker though :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

How good is that GPU cooler? Has it made much of a difference in temps?

like you wouldnt believe! ive an 80mm fan extracting the air straight from the duorb fan on the gpu.

with stock fan i was hitting 63 - 65 on load after several hours of madness.
    last night after 4 hours of crysis it was capping around 50.

havnt seen it tick higher since.
    its also helped lower ambient temps in the case by 2oC! :)

well worth the 35 euro methinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

like you wouldnt believe! ive an 80mm fan extracting the air straight from the duorb fan on the gpu.

with stock fan i was hitting 63 - 65 on load after several hours of madness.
    last night after 4 hours of crysis it was capping around 50.

havnt seen it tick higher since.
    its also helped lower ambient temps in the case by 2oC! :)

well worth the 35 euro methinks!

why not get a maze 4 for like 15e instead and watercool it /

im getting another 8800gt and im gonna wc them both when i get some decent gear from the states in a few weeks.

im getting another 8800gt and im gonna wc them both when i get some decent gear from the states in a few weeks.

go for 2 ek full cover blocks there the sex :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

awhir wrote: »
    go for 2 ek full cover blocks there the sex :)

For some reason andy speaks the truth !

:D

Nah he's right EK have some sexy blocks !

FC3870-Ni_a.jpg

3870_X2_Pl1.jpg

Supreme-plexi.jpg

image.php?img=p10203281t4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Is the Duo-Orb quiet? Looks like a nice cooler, its like two Zalman Vf900s! :D

its whisper quite. id say an easy 5 - 7db quiter than the stupid stock fan on it.

i was gonna get another, but i decided ill wait as im gonna get some waterblocks for them. just need to get funds!

gfxbn6.jpg

here's my 2 8800gt. lots of fans and the computer isnt in the case. its on my table as i was benching the bejeeses out of it and needed some cooling abilities.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

heh whats that 38mm fan in the foreground?

btw you could take the shroud off the outer EVGA card and stick a 120mm on it for the time being :p

ah i gave up benchmarking them so its all back in the case again. im waiting for my gpu blocks before i try anymore.

http://www.aerocooler.com/shop.cart?action=ITEM&prod_id=FANEC9232

Advertisement