Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting in Garnerville soon? Read this:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tucker86

Hey Blue team guys, how are you all feeling for this Sunday???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Stressing

Getting nervous again tucker,lol can't wait to get started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

Ok Tucker!
    Finally settled this week and just finished a nice glass of wine. Got Uni assignment finished last night at 2.30AM, have bank account sorted, car reg sorted, Nat Ins num in post....am all ready to fill out my P86 form now.....

Lis

PS - who knew moving 100 miles up the road would be so complicated?!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭fencingj

Tucker86 wrote: »
    Hey Blue team guys, how are you all feeling for this Sunday???
    All set so far Tucker! How are the definitions going? Any other last minute things you think I should panic about lol?

hey guys,

been cramming these definitions all week, it's so hard as if you only needed to know them it'd be fine but having to learn word for word is a killer, slowly gettin there!!!

Going shopping tomorrow with my big list lol!!!

Not really nervous, just looking forward to meeting everyon and getting started!!

Anybody any reservations about sunday??

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭OfficerProblem?

Hi guys!

Just got word today that i will be starting 25th May! :D

Can anyone advise me what way the pay works? If i start 25th May when will pay day fall? Just trying to figure out the finances from switching jobs.

Hi guys!

Just got word today that i will be starting 25th May! :D

Can anyone advise me what way the pay works? If i start 25th May when will pay day fall? Just trying to figure out the finances from switching jobs.
    We've been advised those starting on 20th April won't be paid until the end of May (days in April plus full month's pay for May). If you're starting on 25th May, you wouldn't be paid until June going by that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Ethan321

When you all start on the sunday, please be ready to sweat a little after dinner, you will know what im talking about by the end of the evening;)
    Will see you all at breakfast on monday, and keep the chin up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ultravid

Ethan321 wrote: »
    When you all start on the sunday, please be ready to sweat a little after dinner, you will know what im talking about by the end of the evening;)

One shouldn't do any exercise immediately after dinner!

I was wondering if any insiders could tell me about the mortality rate at Garnerville... i.e. What is the drop-out rate like? How many salmon don't make the spawning grounds, so to speak?

When you all start on the sunday, please be ready to sweat a little after dinner

I won't be getting very far in my civvie heels anyway :)

Unless this is about a surprise test where we need to prove we read all the handbook and learned our definitions...I keep confusing some of the lines with the Garda version which is slightly different *sigh*...

• Advertisement

Could mean we will be bulling our boots all night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Ethan321

Linsooz, heels grand for lookin good but not for carrying a fully loaded kit bag up the accomodation block stairs in a hurry;)

Mortality rates arent too bad, a few people drop out but not that many, and a few drop out through injury because they havent got themselves to a reasonable fitness level before going in.

You will probably be boot bulling on wed or thurs night tucker, but its actualy relaxing just sitting bulling your boots.

Hi guys! :)

Good luck to all those who started today! ;)

Just a quick query - does anyone know if i can get the uniform style guide document online anywhere? Being a lady i just want to have a quick nosey at it to see rules and regulation regarding hair, makeup and other boring girlie stuff!

Please let me know if you have any idea!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

OfficerProblem - your best bet on this might be to PM Psni - he might be able to email you it or send you a scan of it - doesnt strike me as the sort of thing that would be in the public domain, y'know?!

Yeah, the new recruits almost have their first day over them - wonder how its going?!! That'll be YOU soon :p!!!!!!!!!!! ( you go girl!)

Cheers

OfficerProblem - your best bet on this might be to PM Psni - he might be able to email you it or send you a scan of it - doesnt strike me as the sort of thing that would be in the public domain, y'know?!

Yeah, the new recruits almost have their first day over them - wonder how its going?!! That'll be YOU soon :p!!!!!!!!!!! ( you go girl!)

Cheers

Good idea! I shall PM psni to see if he can help. I'm soo nervous! But very excited! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Fiacmar

For those of us with a decent pool number, and a pass in the medical, and now waiting on the vetting, is it possible to get the defenitions booklet from anywhere? Just to get a bit of a head start kinda thing... Maybe online or in a govt. publications office? Or is it sensitive stuff? Or am I being a bit cheeky looking for a head start...:p

Fiacmar wrote: »
    For those of us with a decent pool number, and a pass in the medical, and now waiting on the vetting, is it possible to get the defenitions booklet from anywhere? Just to get a bit of a head start kinda thing... Maybe online or in a govt. publications office? Or is it sensitive stuff? Or am I being a bit cheeky looking for a head start...:p

04.41 am - shouldnt you have been asleep??!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ultravid

04.41 am - shouldnt you have been asleep??!!!!! :D
    The early bird catches the worm, what with a head start and all that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrsGeneHunt
    04.41 am - shouldnt you have been asleep??!!!!!

Actually, I am a nightworker, for my sins...

Fiacmar wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrsGeneHunt
    04.41 am - shouldnt you have been asleep??!!!!!

Actually, I am a nightworker, for my sins...

You'll have no worries with your nightshifts then LOL!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 greengloves

found out something tasty about the first week of training today,don't know if i should say though ... :D

found out something tasty about the first week of training today,don't know if i should say though ... :D

Spit it out boy!!! :) Or PM me if you can't....:D

Hi everybody! :)

Hope all is well! Who all will be attending on monday night for registration?? Can't believe the dream is becoming reality! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭mickey2186

I'll be there!!!

Looking forward to it.....must get all those forms completed!!:D

Mickey2186

"I might as well say strawberry jam," a phrase some of you will become very familiar with if you get a certain drill instructor!! See you all Monday night, when the blue squad will be your hosts for the evening!!

Mickey2186....you got in?! Well done!!!

As fencingj said - we're all working on Mon night at the SRN - so ye'll have to spot the boardsies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭mickey2186

Hi Lisnsooz,

I eventually got in after a hold up with the medical!!!

Looking forward to starting in a couple of weeks!!!

Is it as you thought it would be??

Have you met anyone from the boards yet?

Mickey2186.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 CooperCop

SRN Monday past.

It seems the course will be really intense eh? I'm looking forward to getting stuck in and settling into the 'Garnerville discipline'

What do you think of the Definitions booklet? I'm finding it hard to get any time to learn the first 3-4 definitions before we start on Sunday week. Still working in my current job.

Has anybody any tips on the best way to learn them?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 wannabecopper

Any one else struggling to learn these definations they gave us??? Looking forward to seeing ppl again on intake day!

• Advertisement

Are you guys learning the first 5 definitions? Can't believe we have to be up there so early on Sunday! :eek:

Advertisement