Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Project [~Dark Energy~]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Post More Pics Now I Order Theee

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Err maybe, I'm just so godamn lazy... But it is finished (well pretty much) so I guess I should...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sweet machine. I'm so lazy I bought clamps, jigsaw and everything to cut a side window into my case after seeing papu's simple mod....and that was eh...months ago. Still done nothin....machine been running with no side for weeks now! Reading these logs surely will guilt me into it...

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

nibble wrote: »
    DSCF04425.JPG
    The circuit itself as you can see it is really simple, just the ic and a cap. It gets powered from a +5v point I've taken from the drive. The output is white, with the green going to the electrode.

I've also got one for the power switch and one for switching the case lighting. The light switch was a little more complex using an NPN transistor to actually do the power switching.

Do you have a diagram / tutorial / list of components? :p

There ya go conzy http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=100148.
    And I got them here http://www.futurlec.com/index.shtml , you want the QT113's for a power/eject type button and get a bunch of different caps to see what works best, 10-30nF is what you want.

• Advertisement

Thank you, added to the Summer projects list ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

7/16 = no clamps? hmmmmmmm ...if so i like...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

DanGerMus wrote: »

yep you dont need clamps .

More PIcssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

moar pics of face the wrath of my ban hammer !

DanGerMus wrote: »

Yep perfect seal without any, it is the best size to go with in combination with 1/2" barbs IMO and looks better than 1/2" too, a bit tidier.

Alright, I'm a lazy SOB but I will get more pics, but I've got to get some new water dye first and fix up the power button. Do not by feser one dyes, I warn ya the blue doesn't glow and the black has seperated and is now sitting at the bottom of my loop somewhere :rolleyes:.

And no bother conzy, good luck with the project.

• Advertisement

...........................................:pac:

nibble wrote: »
    Yep perfect seal without any, it is the best size to go with in combination with 1/2" barbs IMO and looks better than 1/2" too, a bit tidier.

Do not by feser one dyes, I warn ya the blue doesn't glow and the black has seperated and is now sitting at the bottom of my loop somewhere :rolleyes:.

They have the most retarded website ever

Click if you like killing people

conzymaher wrote: »
    They have the most retarded website ever

Click if you like killing people

:(

JOIN THE FACER COMPANIES BIG QUIZZ

i know LETS MAKE EVERY LINK TALK
    OMG WTF SHOOT THOSE FOOLS

:D

It might have actually been good if they got someone with an epic voice like the UT announcer...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

It's clearly a site for blind people :)

KamiKazi wrote: »
    It's clearly a site for blind people :)

Haha, that must be it :rolleyes:.

so where are these pics ?

I guess I'll put them up then, I've got heaps and still have a few more to take.
    I just kinda got bored with it, lol.. I have a mod to the mod planned for when I get cash, think a candy green mirror paintjob and lots of tweaks/changes to go with a green and orange theme. The guts will be the same, I'll add more ram and a few HD's for a nice raid 5 array ;) That's the summer project anyway.
    Now to get a job again... I spend too much of the little cash I have on this kinda stuff, sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

nooooo not another scaley green mod!
    :p

Painting a Yate-Loon - for anyone that might be interested:

2007_08300052.JPG

One Yate-Loon D12SM intact...

2007_08300057.JPG

And now not so intact. Simply peel the sticker off the rear of the fan, pop the rubber cap off. Then you will have to remove a small white plastic ring that keeps the blade assembly in place (bottom left on the graph paper) It needs to be prised off the bar with a small screwdriver or something, be careful not to lose it. And now the blades will slide right out.

DSCF0257.JPG

Shoot a coat or two of primer followed by the colour of your choice, and done. Make sure to mask up the inside off the blade assembly where the magnet and bar are. If you're doing the casing too, mask the motor coils obviously.
    Reverse the steps to put back together, adding a little grease if you lost some in the disassembly.

Rad_fans.jpg

And now mount them on a nice thermochill radiator :D, and enjoy your newly pimped fans.. You could even drill a few 5mm holes in the fan housing and add LED's for even more pimpage ;) Which I actually did but wiring all those leds was too much like hard work. This all should be pretty much the same for any fan..

Anyway hope you all decide to spice up your boring black fans now!

• Advertisement

Nice one but where are the pics of the Rig !!

Ok more random stuff, quite disorganised but hey I'm lazy..

DSCF0335.JPG

The mounting bracket for the swiftech double rad, made from 1.2mm alu scored and bent using this...

DSCF0337.JPG

Yep a vice and some wood, high-tech right? I used a another bit of wood and a hammer to get the bend fairly accurate.

Rad_bracket.jpg

Here's the one for the thermochill mounted to the rad with M4 hex head screws, I had to drill the fan mounting holes a bit bigger on the rad for them, scary stuff I nearly punctured the rad a couple of times!

Jig.JPG

This is the black-translucent acrylic for the top of the divider plate in the case, It's being cut by a jigsaw I have flipped and mounted on some plywood. It's handy because you have more control over the acrylic, good for smaller stuff.

DSCF0339.JPG

These are the blade I used for acrylic cutting - specifically for acrylic, metal blades can be too fine and melt the stuff and have offset teeth which can chip the acryl.

DSCF0312.JPG

The trusty Black and Decker jigsaw, it even has Turbo!

DSCF0318.JPG

The rear UV blue acryl panel/fan grill thingy cut and marked for holesawing.

DSCF0333.JPG

Done and sanded.. It took a lot of polishing to get it shiny again.

DSCF0389.JPG

Here's the baycover without the black alu paneling, bending was done by clamping down the acryl and heating it with a heat gun in a specific line. I used a piece of wood to block the heat going to the rest of the piece.

DSCF0385.JPG

The front panel prior to tint filming it.

DSCF0604.JPG

This was when It was pretty much finished, you can see the rad mounted to the bottom of the case (Again with M4 hex heads) and one D5 over it, the other is next to it. The D5's are actually bolted to the front of the case with gel-stuff between it, I'll try find a proper pick of it..
    I now have a couple of HD's mounted in that space above the rad in front of the psu, on rubber bands in an acrylic cage thing.

DSCF0403.JPG

The "Workshop" aka my dirty, untidy and cluttered garage.

Finally until I take a few fully finished pics here's a sexy one, don't you just love EK stuff?

DSCF0286.JPG

bump

awhir wrote: »
    bump

I've see it \0/

papu wrote: »
    I've see it \0/

then take pics of it :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Dude where do you buy the larger sheets of Arcrylic and Alum?

Advertisement