Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Project] SFF

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Thanks Andy :) But whats this nozzle kit I have been hearing about? And what does it do?

Here is a comparison of a good few cases (click for zoom)

case%20comparison_all_small.JPG

Also the QMicra is awesome :D

dsc00548wd6.jpg

dsc00559hv7.jpg

q2g.jpg

H2O-1.jpg

58.jpg

PCDLAB-HOTROD-1.jpg

They are sold out atm, but I contacted them about shipping / availability :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

lol @ the upside down ddc

btw a pa120.2 would fit nicly in that

haha just noticed that, It will be thirsty :P

btw I edited my above post ^

I really dont know if the pa120.2 would fit, its 6cm deep, so it would be 8.5cm deep with fans, and look at the hard drive mounts etc

If it did fit it would be awesome

shure would,

the nozzel kit makes the hole smaller creating more pressure and trubulence ,this creates better contact with the copper thus better temps,there are like 10 in a pack all diffrent sizes for diffrent performence/restrtiction ratio and diffrent chips(core arrengment)

sorrry for the speelin

www.performance-pcs.com

qmicrawcwb2.jpg

:)!

$113 for shipping though, so a total of 751 dollars which is 480 euro....

Its actually not bad considering the rest of the components come to 812 euro..

E8400 / Q6600
    4gigs Gskill
    8800gts 512
    Gigabyte G33M DS2R
    Corsair HX520
    Hitachi T7K500

So 1290 euro total :)

P.s Is that rad ok? I would like Chosen's one of it fits!

• Advertisement

go for a swiftech rad as they perform well under "quiter" fans,you will need a top for the ddc ek and petra do ones.beware the Ek supream is very restrictive and is best to be left on its own in a loop , go for a d-tek fuzion,dont bother getting the tubing in the US will double ur postage :),I would not advice for you to use a res in the loop as it would take up room why not use a T line,why are you going for a OLd Dd block the new Dd perform better and are nicer also Ek chipset blocks are nice

how much is shiping just for the case ?

you could buy the rest from petra's

andy

Edit:from looking at that case you could fit 2 dual rads in that build with both in the same loop you could cool ur cpu,nb,gfx which would be nice :)

Yeah the Performance Pcs have a much poorer choice of WC gear than Petras..

Shipping for the case alone is 70 dollars, so it probably is better to get the WC gear from Petras because theres definitely no import tax with him, I could get owned by the case :O

What changes would you mak to the WC gear in my Petras basket above ^

petra.jpg

Whats the custom top on the pump for? Just greater performance than the stock top I presume? What about the Laing D5? Its supposed to be quieter i think

Also a chipset block would be nice, and I dont need the fans, Im gonna order so more Noctuas with the case

Also 2 rads?! gtfo :D one is enough :)

And why no res? I thought they were easier to bleed / maintain than a T line?

yes with a res it is easier to bleed but where u gona fit a res :) from the looks of it could fit 2 rads into that case :) so you could cool ur cpu,gfx,nb one dual on its own would not capalbe of this ,the D5 is nice but again its bigger then the ddc,the tops give quite alarge performence again on the ddcs,if you want a res maby u could go with something like this :

DDC-X-RES-100a.jpg

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167391&highlight=X-RES

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I hate T-lines myself. Not only are they ugly but a pain in the hole to drain/refil. Grab the D5 too, its a fair bit better then the ddc with petras top according to the peeps over on xs.

Yeah the D5 seems a lot more powerful and quieter too :)

You sure a dual rad isnt up to it? The NB makes feck all heat and Chosen had a Heavily overclocked Quad and an 8800GTX on a dual rad, granted it was a beefier rad but still a single 120mm rad is good for dissipating 120-175 watts of heat so a dual rad should be well able to handle an overclocked Quad ~ 140watts and an overclocked 8800 is similar....

I will email PC Design Labs and see if the PA120.2 fits anyway :)

conzymaher wrote: »
    Yeah the D5 seems a lot more powerful and quieter too :)

You sure a dual rad isnt up to it? The NB makes feck all heat and Chosen had a Heavily overclocked Quad and an 8800GTX on a dual rad, granted it was a beefier rad but still a single 120mm rad is good for dissipating 120-175 watts of heat so a dual rad should be well able to handle an overclocked Quad ~ 140watts and an overclocked 8800 is similar....

I will email PC Design Labs and see if the PA120.2 fits anyway :)

A ddc 3.2 18w is more powerfull then a d5 and belive me D5's are very loud when set passed 2.

I believe you :p

I believe you :p

good boy ;)

and go for 2 rads :)

awhir wrote: »
    good boy ;)

and go for 2 rads :)

Feck 2, i wanna see 3 tripple rads crammed in there.

i could stick a HR-03 on the GTS but that would ruin all the fun :p

I used that flow estimation thingy lastnight and got 1.88 GPM for the following:

4' of 7/16" tubing
    D-tek Fuzion
    Swiftech MCW-60
    Swiftech MCW-30
    Swiftech MCR-220 rad
    Laing DDC with the EK top (which is the closest to the Petras top)
    Res

Thats a lot of flow :p

Also the case is 1 cubic foot, so with 3 50CFM fans thats 150 cubic feet or so passing through the case every minute, which means every half second or so all the air in the case will be replaced...

I would be pretty damn confident in a dual rad cooling a Quad a GTS and a Chipset, I may go for the E8400 if you can really convince me that its to much for that rad :P

post on xs and ask them )

But they will just say "omg Stacker LOL 3 triple rads" :D

*edit* Posted the thread on XS

And pre-ordered the QMicra, 4-6 weeks... The guy is sound, Unfortunately the PA120.2 wont fit, but the MCR220 or Black Ice Pro 2 fit perfectly...

Ok I have found a handful of QMicra builds with 8800GTX / Ultra and overclocked Quads, all with decent temps :)

• Advertisement

wow?

327783.png

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=327783

5.3ghz of watercooled SFF power :)

wow?

327783.png

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=327783

5.3ghz of watercooled SFF power :)

WTF ?

Yup, thats with the ASUS P5E-VM is an animal! Most users on [H]ardForum have got atleast 480-500fsb, afaik the G35 chipset is almost identical to P35 chipset except it has integrated DX10 graphics :p

There was a G45 version announced at Cebit too so it will be interesting to so how it performs...

Sweet. What vcore are you running through that cpu ?

Oh its not mine :o It belongs to some guy over on the pcdesignlabs forum, I'm aiming for 4ghz or so :P

with a e8400 u should get 4ghz with a small v core bump

I would be delighted with 4ghz and anything more than that would be a blessing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

4Ghz only? watercooled? The E8500 on my home theater pc is folding 24/7 at 3600MHz with a passive cooler next to the case fan...

If you get a half decent cpu, you should get 4.2-4.4 for everyday use ;)

Chosen wrote: »
    4Ghz only? watercooled? The E8500 on my home theater pc is folding 24/7 at 3600MHz with a passive cooler next to the case fan...

If you get a half decent cpu, you should get 4.2-4.4 for everyday use ;)

want to swap for a E8400 plus cash :) since its not getting full useage ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

awhir wrote: »
    want to swap for a E8400 plus cash :) since its not getting full useage ;)

It depends: can it do 3600MHz with 1.21V and 100% cpu usage for 24*7?

Advertisement