Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Waterford Post!

• 15-08-2002 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭

BOW BEFORE YOUR MASTER.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Ah you just beat me...bastid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

gg k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

He's from carrick, what do you expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Stratagist if more from carrick than I regi my dear man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

well tbh none of us are from carrick

pauls from piltown :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

pH33R meh!! :)

actually - don't really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats the point of this board again!?

Can we complain about the roads? ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

hola huneys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Bah i live in Portlaw, Eye lives in Carrick me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i drink in carrick :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i passed through Carrick only the other day

now the roads. why don't they fix the things. Waterford CC are brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Waterford. That is all.

.logic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Carrick is classed as south Co. Tipp.. so not Waterford CC's problem..

But sure they are all as bad as each other :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Also Waterford (City) and sick of the roads, my car is shaking itself apart. Must get a car with a suspension next time. Carrick ain't too bad with the new piece of road there outside mooncoin, but as for Portlaw PPC, I was cycling down that feckin hill into the town (from Kill), and my fillings fell out.

Anyway, what it the point of this board, are we all going to rejoice in our waterford-i-ness and arrange trips to the seaside or something ?

I'm a little sceptical about these boards myself, and I'm a Mod!

Still as it is here, I'm sure thier are a few topics that we can moan in unison about.

Like why is Waterford the forgotten city, Galway
    everyone loves, Cork you can't ingnore even though you'd like to. Hell even Limerick is'nt as badly perceived as was once the case, yet Waterford is'nt thought about at all.

Its worth noting that when these boards were first created
    the other 4 big cities were up and running together, we were an afterthought along with the rest! And that is syptomatic of our place in life. Major Chains will have outlets in places like Navan
    or Portlaoise before they arrive down here (don't ask me to suply specific names!).

If RTE ever point a camera in our direction its for some bad news story, the roads are crap if Galway had needed a second river crossing they'd have had it built decades back but government ministers don't push for development
    in the Deise as they don't know anything about the place!
    I will excempt Mary Harney from my ire as she alone has made Waterford part of here general itinery. At last we have a FF minister (the first in almost 50 years!) but will he deliver or be allowed to?

I could go on....:mad:

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

'wan waterford with their ntl weekend packages..

boo to the ff waterford politician

he stuck his head in the sand for his last term of office and got voted back for all the "good" he did. i expect nothing less than the same high standard of work this time round.

even killkenny or south kerry have more noteworthy politicians than here.

i would have elected the professional clown if i did the vote fixin this time round. :) that would have put waterford on the map and we would be gettin more stuff.

<boy - i'm tired after that rant>

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi,

Waterford....sure tis only the fillet of counties :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by Quigs Snr
    but as for Portlaw PPC, I was cycling down that feckin hill into the town (from Kill), and my fillings fell out.

I'm despretaly trying to move out, only been here 3 years and i hate it.

/me want town

we are the arse of Ireland and have all the facilities etc. to show it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by PPC
    Bah i live in Portlaw, Eye lives in Carrick me thinks.

No offence but Portlaw is quite possibly the worst place in Ireland I have ever been.
    Havent been there in years though, now that the grandparents have passed on.
    But God I hated having to go down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by mike65

Like why is Waterford the forgotten city, Galway
    everyone loves, Cork you can't ingnore even though you'd like to. Hell even Limerick is'nt as badly perceived as was once the case, yet Waterford is'nt thought about at all.

The bright side, I suppose, is that Waterford is not Dublin.

Nice to see that there are actually other boards users in Waterford.

Regards...jmcc

Originally posted by jmcc

The bright side, I suppose, is that Waterford is not Dublin.

tell the pub owners that - €4.50 for a flat pint - no thnx guv....

but in fairness - NewYorkPie - why is their nothing else like this anywhere else. - mmmmmmm drnk fud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

At last another NY Pie Co fan. I am addicted to that place. Nothing else like that around anywhere (cept NYC) and I can't understand why ?

Did try to eat a chilli dog after a heavy night in the Kazbah once though, looked like an extra from a George Romero Movie afterwards. Maybe thats why.

Originally posted by Lawnkiller
    €4.50 for a flat pint

who charges €4.50 for a flat pint. more imprtantly, who pays €4.50 for a flat pint. that's shocking

the yuppie pubs have no problems doing that. especially if its a "late bar". clubs are worse tho - does anybody ever check these places lines and gas???? bleuuhggghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

About the whole Waterford being a forgotten city thing. I don't think anyone would disagree.

Have you read the weekly article by 'The Phoenix' in the News & Star? A weekly guide to how Waterford has been shafted the previous week! :(

Still things are a lot better than they were a few years back; the place is starting to look well. And they're doing up the north quays...

We are the worst race on the island for marketing ourselves though, who would guess that there's a F1 powerboat race on in Waterford at the moment?

merlante

Hi merlante and welcome to boards.ie! :)

About the power boats, you're right. If this were happening in Galway the national radiowaves would be festooned with ads for it, along with guff about the craic and the strains of that Galway Bay tune in the background.

We have always been the worlds worst
    at marketing ourselves as a desirable place to be.

Desie folk are too damn self-effacing.

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    We have always been the worlds worst
    at marketing ourselves

tell me about it. i forgot it was on and i missed it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Cheers Mike.
    About the power boats, you're right. If this were happening in Galway the national radiowaves would be festooned with ads for it, along with guff about the craic and the strains of that Galway Bay tune in the background.

Damn straight! The Irish Times covered the Galway arts festival every single day, with editorials that even went as far as to say "if Ireland were a woman, then Galway would be it's erogenous zone!" They're pitching the place as the San Francisco of Ireland, fastest growing city in europe etc. etc. It's even calling itself the third city in Ireland, sheerly because Limerick is having problems extending its city boundaries.

Meanwhile you have dubs asking if there is a Waterford town? I suppose you have to give their (galway) politicians and marketing people credit.

merlante

Advertisement