Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Post

• 14-08-2002 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

nah nah nah nah nah!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

(Again, a feeling of deja poo... I've been through this shít before...)

FIRST REPLY!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Dublin sucks ass. Discuss.

the people are orrible and rude
    there are too many people
    O Connell street is horrible.

Gav

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

and.. what was this set up for?
    just wondering...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

to make fun of the culchies ?

Originally posted by kaids
    to make fun of the culchies ?

I take exception to that kaids!!! I'm a culchie who lives in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by Beruthiel

I take exception to that kaids!!! I'm a culchie who lives in Dublin!

...pfft. migrant...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Go home to mullaville!:mad:

only joking;)

Originally posted by Minesajackdaniels

...pfft. migrant...

Majd - it's thank's to us cluchies that Dublin is the great city it is today!! :D

bombidol - *shut up you annoying little fly!

only joking
    I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Dublin rules, literally. 25% of Irish people can't be wrong. Take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Yeah, I second that emotion: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BOARD FOR?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Events/news of the dublin variety I suppose.

I imagine it will assist those outside of the Pale to ask questions such as how do I get to Temple Bar...like you know:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

How do i get to temple bar, and not be pointed in the direction of a tranny freak show called shirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I am in the Temple Bar vicinity eating a cheese & onion sandwich, bazH. Just follow the smell. Oh no, here comes Shirley!

/me legs it to the Cork City forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

From O'Connell Bridge...

Follow the trail of black nail polish and the tones of...
    "its like so cool and stuff":rolleyes:

Oh and look out for Linkin park and korn hoodies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Originally posted by 80project
    Follow the trail of black nail polish and the tones of...
    "its like so cool and stuff":rolleyes:
    Oh and look out for Linkin park and korn hoodies!

he he.... true enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

that is exactly how u know ur in temple bar all the black hoodies with metallica and things on them hehehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 stackboundary

Hmm.

You know what annoys the hell out of me.
    People who come to this city only to moan about the people or the wether or to bang on about how it is so much better 'back home'.

So go back there... and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Another thing is when you find non-Dublin people littering Dublin.
    Par example... Gaa match day.
    The North Inner City get mobbed by 'mostly' hostile culchies, who have at best mild contempt for Dublin and Dubliners (mixed with mild resentment), who 'insist' on pissing in the streets, vomiting all over them and throwing their litter and pint glasses all around the place and 'then' have the audacity to say to you.
    "You know what I 'ate about Dublin boy? Apart from the Jackeens, is the filth of the place".

Well umm if thats the way you feel consider yourself cordially uninvited from returning (for the next five generations of your family) and have a nice time stewing in whatever backwater arsehole of no where it is you live in anyway.

<I've been ranting.... it's been real>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by stackboundary
    The North Inner City get mobbed by 'mostly' hostile culchies, who have at best mild contempt for Dublin and Dubliners (mixed with mild resentment), who 'insist' on pissing in the streets, vomiting all over them and throwing their litter and pint glasses all around the place and 'then' have the audacity to say to you.
    "You know what I 'ate about Dublin boy? Apart from the Jackeens, is the filth of the place".

As opposed to the natives and their nocturnal habits at the weekends?

It's an Irish disease, which cant be pigeon-holed to either town or country. It happens all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Originally posted by DamoDMC

As opposed to the natives and their nocturnal habits at the weekends?

It's an Irish disease, which cant be pigeon-holed to either town or country. It happens all over.
    Damn right...
    Originally posted by stackboundary
    The North Inner City get mobbed by 'mostly' hostile culchies, who have at best mild contempt for Dublin and Dubliners (mixed with mild resentment), who 'insist' on pissing in the streets, vomiting all over them and throwing their litter and pint glasses all around the place
    And what about the dubliners that go down to the country on holidays/long weekends/etc and do exactly the same all over the place there? No mention of that.

Just my 2c.

C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 stackboundary

Umm.

Compare and contrast.

50,000 culchies descending on the vicinity of Croke park and using the surrounding area as their own personal lavatory and vomit facilities... supplied by the local resident's gardening association, in a 3 square kilometer area of Croke park.

To (unspecified) numbers of Dubs going to the 95 % of this island that is not the Greater Dublin area.

What about the Dubs? Give me a break, you don't live here pal, come match day this area gets turned into a damned three ring circus and the people who make the mess most certainly "don't", stick around to see what the area is like after they have finished pissing, vomiting, littering and throwing shapes at the locals as if it was the kind of thing they would do in their own backwater towns.

Yeah right.

Still I must admit you have a point, I mean only once every week do I have to step over Gaa supporters urine and vomit, broken pint glasses and snack box wrappers, on Dorset street.

I must be being unreasonable, to have lived here all my life and be getting uppety that the same people who resent Dublin, complain about us, feel quite prepaired to take our money for the 'regions' are the same people who piss on the street in front of my doorstep, where I have lived and been raised for my entire life.

Perhaps you have a point, sure it's a well know fact that

The Irish are the blacks of Europe and Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland.

So say it once and say it loud.... I'm black and I'm proud.

Adieu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Take it to a new thread guys.......:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement