Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do your lungs feel?

• 10-01-2008 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I am off the cigs about 8 days. Right now my lungs are feeling very weird. Kind of empty and tight. I dont have anything to cough up either.

Anyone else finding this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Exact same here. My wife was telling me I should be coughing and spluttering, but no. I presume we're not all affected in the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

On my 11th day as mentioned before. I gave up the smokes several years ago and one of the symptoms was splurting up a lot of ****e consisting of tar etc. This time however it hasn't happened at all. Could this be a result of the no smoking ban in pubs?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

Quit smoking on the second and im in the same boat. I was expecting a lot of coughing,but there hasnt been much at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

hi guys, i've had that both times now. second time was a little easier. it passes by the second weekish. i also found exercise really helps to loosen your lungs.

stay the course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Well i'll put it down to the exercise then. Have to admit that football training gets a hell of a let more enjoyable and easier when you give up the smokes. Now lets hope i get picked :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Coughing for a day or 2 but nothing major - went for the usual 3 mile walk (first of the new year, slow start!) last night, wasn't out of breath at the end of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Northernsoul

Never seen a time when sooooo many punters have decided to give up the fags, seriously! I wrk in a shop in Donegal and 30% of my regular smokers have decided to give up. I know its New year and resolutions and all but never seen such a oncerted effort is all......I'm off them since November 13th meself, and loving myself for it....!! Wish ye all well......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I'm off them since November 13th meself, and loving myself for it....!! Wish ye all well......
    Good going, keep it up. Off them since November 20th meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

Have a rotten chest infection since the middle of last week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I've quit for the last 6 weeks and I'm starting to get a nasty cough and chest infection, not sure what the cause is, but I doubt it's because my lungs are clearer and less tar-ry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement