Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite Ever Episode

• 05-01-2008 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

For me it has to be The Pegasus from TNG

Brilliant story, great script and you're kept guessing to the end.

Spoiler Warning: Don't read this article unless you have seen
    the episode!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pegasus_%28TNG_episode%29

By the way, is there no Doctor Who forum on boards.ie ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Probably Best of Both Worlds (TNG) or Way of the Warrior (DS9).

They sort of feel like the easy answers but I can't help it.. they're brilliant.

Honorable mentions to All Good Things... (the TNG final), Yesterdays Enterprise and The Inner Light.

By the way, is there no Doctor Who forum on boards.ie ?
    Yup. It's under Hosted -> Arts -> Doctor Who

Year of Hell Parts One and Two STV

(Warning, above links contain spoilers)

I always found this to be an amazing episode.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

darmak and jalad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

darmak and jalad!

Don't know how people can like this. One of my least favourite eps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

140.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ro: maaan! wrote: »

I was never a big fan of it, it was good first time but no way my fav. Again like the last time this topic was around it would probbley be DS9, The Die is the Cast
    (2 parter about gareck, his relationship with enabroun Tain, the obsidian order, tal shiar and odo and the advancement of the dominion storyline.)

My fav charactor is gareck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Year of Hell Parts One and Two STV

(Warning, above links contain spoilers)

I always found this to be an amazing episode.

That was the best VOY episode by a long way. But it always annoyed me slightly in that it reminded me of what VOY could have done as a series but it was squashed into (an admittedly very good) two-parter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

DS9: "The Visitor".

Honourable mentions to:
    Part 1 of "the Best of both Worlds"
    "All Good Things..."
    "City on the edge of forever"
    "Devil in the Dark"
    Plenty more that i'll remember in a minute .... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ro: maaan! wrote: »

At Tanagra :)

Actually, I really l;iked this episodes. It's one that you would show a non-Trek fan and they would enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

I loved the two parter of DS9 season 5, In Purgatory's Shadow, and By The Pale Moonlight where Worf is imprisoned by the Dominion, and he finds the true versions of Bashir and General Martok.

I'll never forget the scene where Worf first encounters Bashir at the prison, and he, along with the viewer notices the doctor is still wearing the older, blue and black uniform. Next, we switch to the main elevator on DS9, and there's Dominion-Bashir dressed up in the First Contact grey version, smirking---only then does it click that the counterpart has been onboard for at least 2 or 3 episodes previously. And upon revisiting the previous ones, you can tell there's something a little off!

I also loved the Mirror Universe episodes for their silly bombasity---esp the one where Worf had Garak on a leash. Beautiful :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    At Tanagra :)

Actually, I really l;iked this episodes. It's one that you would show a non-Trek fan and they would enjoy it.

I liked it as well. It seemed to have more of a feel about what it really would be like to encounter aliens. You don't understand the language and how simple gestures could be misinterpreted as hostile. Also it was nice to see a race who had brains and wanted to encounter other races and start a dialogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Am I imagining it or is there an episode of TNG where they encounter a load of Irish Travellers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How has no-one mentioned 'In the Pale Moonlight'. By far the best episode of Star Trek ever written. (i havent seen "Far Beyond the Stars"). Garek and Sisko are both excellent, as is Senator Vreenak. My other favourite are...

TNG
    Darmak and Jaded
    Best of Both Worlds
    Yesterdays Enterprise
    Cause and Effect
    Parallels
    Pegasus

DS9
    In the Pale Moonlight (as i said above)
    Trials And Tribble-ations
    Call To Arms
    What You Leave Behind (part 1)
    In Purgatory's Shadow
    Way of the Warrior

Voy
    Drone
    Year of Hell
    Scorpion
    Future's End
    Equinox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!11!"

best. episode. ever.

Am I imagining it or is there an episode of TNG where they encounter a load of Irish Travellers?
    No. Never. Didn't happen. Nu-uh. No way.

lalalalala.. I'm not listening... lalalalalala...

Great episode, begorrra.

'You would make a good security officer'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Goodshape wrote: »
    No. Never. Didn't happen. Nu-uh. No way.

lalalalala.. I'm not listening... lalalalalala...

Really?
    I never watched TNG much but I could swear I remember Colin Meaney being in some cargo hold of the ship with a load of Travellers eating and singing around camp fires.

What a strange dream to have...

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/TNG/episode/68394.html

Worst ever ......

Good ol' Riker still manages to give the colleen in the Arran-knit halter top a shot, though :eek:

Really?
    I never watched TNG much but I could swear I remember Colin Meaney being in some cargo hold of the ship with a load of Travellers eating and singing around camp fires.

What a strange dream to have...

Yeah dude, it is an episode. God, what an episode. :D

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

robby^5 wrote: »
    "THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!11!"

best. episode. ever.

Chain of Command - That was a brilliant two parter.

Fantastic performances by Patrick Steward and David Warner as his tormentor. You can't beat the RSC / RADA quality actors.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As bad as the TNG Irish episode, Fairhaven was far far worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

The one that sticks out in my mind is the DS9 one with Jake and Nog trying to get a Willie Mays baseball card for Sisqo. I thought it was gas.

bus77 wrote: »
    The one that sticks out in my mind is the DS9 one with Jake and Nog trying to get a Willie Mays baseball card for Sisqo. I thought it was gas.

Was that the one with the self-sealing stem bolts? That was a good one alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Was that the one with the self-sealing stem bolts? That was a good one alright!

No this one was called ''In the cards''. I liked the stem bolts one aswell.

There was an episode of DS9 that took place on a 'sister station' to DS9 and featured almost exclusively unknown characters (cadets or lower ranking starfleet members iirc). It had a fairly unique and really cool style to it.

Anyone remember the title?

It was great, as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Kiith wrote: »
    As bad as the TNG Irish episode, Fairhaven was far far worse.

That Fairhaven was dirt. But Trinity College was namecheked when Janeway was
    programming the holo program of the oirish charmer that she liked. Be de hokey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye i liked that episode but again because it was a Garek episode and yes it did have a unique feel to it

Goodshape wrote: »
    There was an episode of DS9 that took place on a 'sister station' to DS9 and featured almost exclusively unknown characters (cadets or lower ranking starfleet members iirc). It had a fairly unique and really cool style to it.

Anyone remember the title?

It was great, as far as I remember.

AFAICR it was a sister ship to the Defiant and the young Star Fleet officers had gone a bit rogue.

EDIT: The Ep is called "Valiant", season 6

• Advertisement

FWIW "the Visitor", IMHO the best Trek episode ever, is on Sky channel 153 tonight @ 8 o'c. (or 154 at 9) (Virgin TV)

"The Visitor" is frequently cited by the show's cast, crew and fans as their favorite episode, was nominated for a Hugo Award in 1996, and, according to a reader poll in the September 21, 1996, issue of TV Guide, was voted the best Star Trek episode of all time (although a similar poll in the April 20, 2004, issue saw it slip to fourth place).

Advertisement