Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers Animated Special :Transform and Roll Out

• 27-12-2007 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Has everyone seen this yet?

It really was very enjoyable. Prime is very different, and it takes a while to get used to how young they are representing him as. But it does probably make for a more interesting character than the Prime that we are used to.

There are some nice references to the old 80s series, including clips. And a great reference to the animated Transformers movie too.

Lots of ideas are taken from the recent live action movie... except here they implemented a hell of a lot better.

And the Decepticons? Wow... so cool... and lots of characterisation on them... Starscream is amazing in this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

just watched it...def the best starscream since G1...the animation was a bit mixed though, sometimes good sometimes messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Just after watching it myself and I liked it, can't wait to get my hands on the toys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

s'up on youtube for those not in the states.

i have to admit i HATE the style but the writings really good. nice mix of the original and the movie. it really shows how much we needed another american written show. still OTT on the stock footage but not as annoying as i thought it'd be and the human characters dont suck like they did in armada/energon/cybertron.

more superheroish than sci fi war but its early days yet and with the dinos coming down the line should be fun.

prowl was pretty cool and it was nice to hear its the original ratchet who's ratchet in this film (though does make me wonder why he'd put up with a punk calling himself optimus prime when he knew the original !)

best starscream in ages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I believe the next episode airs this Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

prowl was pretty cool and it was nice to hear its the original ratchet who's ratchet in this film (though does make me wonder why he'd put up with a punk calling himself optimus prime when he knew the original !)

best starscream in ages :)

I dont think it was actually G1 ratchet since he is very much dead (his tomb shown in the ep dark awakening).

we sure we dont mean the same voice actor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    we sure we dont mean the same voice actor?
    Pretty sure since he stated that Ratchet "knew" the original Prime and would resent taking orders from a newbie

i was thinking he might have misread a blurb about the voice actor/character.

has happened before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I seriously doubt thats "the orginal ratchet", because there are several things which are severely out of original continuity:

Firstly, Ratchets dead.

Secondly, Prime isn't a name, but a title given to the leader/ matrix holder of the autobots. The new Optimus is hardly a Prime. People who name themselves after Optimus tend to use a different second name (Optimus Primal)

Thirdly, Sentinel Prime was the Prime who held the Matrix before Optimus. It was his death which lead to OP getting the Matrix, in most continuities. Why he is some form of middle manager in the autobot army would be up for debate.(This is mainly from comics continuities.)

This all indicates that this is a new continuity in and of itself which pays tribute to the works which came before.

Otherwise I thought this was a great start to a transformers series, it was actually about the transformers themselves, many of the characters had original takes (although I did notice new optimus = rodimus,new prowl = mirage and new ratchet = ironhide).

There was a serious amount of homages in it- Spike Daniel and carly, the original footage, and Primes escapades towards the end... I enjoyed it immensely. I originally did not like the character designs but they moved very well.

Also. Starscream was PERFECT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭professor kaos

the next episode, "Home is where the spark is".

<SNIP>

yep. bit weird at the beginning but nice to see megs head actually looking like meg and not the movie one he had in "transform and roll out"

it was ok but nothin to wite home about.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Tell me more of this 'archive footage'... :cool:

ah its only a brief bit at the begining. seems to be mostly from "war dawn" with a bunch of generic bots getting shot up. really illustrates the difference between the two styles though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ah its only a brief bit at the begining. seems to be mostly from "war dawn" with a bunch of generic bots getting shot up. really illustrates the difference between the two styles though.

Its also partially the reason the nerd herd on the net are screaming "this is G1 continuity!!!" alongside Prime's comment that he fought in the great war.

well the latest episode will dispell that!

the dinos are in it and basically megatron builds them :D

its not a bad episode but theyve gone with the "dumb" grimlock again. i was kinda hoping they'd make him more along the lines of the comic one. still fun to see them in action again

Advertisement