Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bricks and Mortar Sellers of Speciality Coffee + Equipment

• 21-06-2007 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

The purpose of this thread is to generate a list of coffee sellers in Ireland who sell speciality coffee + equipment. I don't think there is any need to mention the supermarkets who stock illy and lavazza and some others, or for example argos, who have some machines. This list should compliment the already existing list for online resources.

I'll start (off the top of my head) and I'll add to the list as people post new stuff.

1. Shops who Roast and Grind their own coffee:

Ariosa - Temple Bar Market, Dublin 2 (on Saturdays).

Bewleys - Grafton St, Dublin 2.

Fallon and Byrne - Exchequer St, Dublin 2.

M+D Coffee + Tea - Georges St. Arcade, Dublin 2 & Howth Farmers Market on Sundays - Freshly roasted beans, and the best range of Moka Pots and other coffee makers (not espresso machines) in Dublin. Also have a Bodum Santos Electric Vacuum Pot.

2. Shops who sell speciality pre-roasted or pre-ground coffee:

La Corte - The Epicurean Food Hall, Dublin 1 (Palombini)

Donnybrook Fair - Donnybrook, Dublin 4 (Various)

Beacon Cove - Powerscourt Centre, Dublin 2 (Formerly Gloria Jeans)

3. Shops who sell coffee equipment:

Arnotts - Henry St, Dublin 1 - Good selection of Gaggia Espresso Machines, Bialetti Stove tops, and various other machines.

Brown Thomas - Grafton St, Dublin 2 - Excellent selection of espresso machines, lots of higher end models, also some nice grinders etc.

Stock - Sth King St, Dublin 2 - Good selection of Bialettis and Bodum stuff.

M+D Coffee + Tea - Georges St. Arcade, Dublin 2 & Howth Farmers Market on Sundays - Freshly roasted beans, and the best range of Moka Pots and other coffee makers (not espresso machines) in Dublin. Also have a Bodum Santos Electric Vacuum Pot.

Home Store + More - Swords & Belgard Road (near B&Q) Dublin - Similar range to Arnotts, some Gaggia espresso machines, moka pots, french press etc. Did have some very good deals on lower end Gaggia machines (July 07).

House of Fraser, Dundrum
    - gaggia classic - special deal with cups/pod/coffee EUR360
    - kitchenaid artisan EUR600
    - and others

Marco Beverage Systems Ltd - Unit 63d Heather Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18
    Tel 01-2952674
    http://www.marco.ie
    Manufacture and sell coffee equipment for the catering trade, Irish owned company. Also are agents for various manufacturers of traditional machines and bean to cup automated brewers. Only sell machines

Watermark in Citywest - Gaggia home machines are now available from Watermark in Citywest. The website is http://www.gaggia.ie. The price includes a free training session which is run every 2 or 3 weeks.
    Repairs and servicing for most of the Gaggia range is available, but suggest that you call first to make sure that the model is supported.

Matthew Algie Coffee & Espresso Warehouse - 25-28 Great Stand Street, Dublin 1
    1800 626 2200
    sales@matthewalgie.com
    Selling a range of Coffee, Tea and Impulse Items to the trade. Leasing traditional, bean to cup, boilers, etc etc. Coffee School, Barista School and Coffee Roaster Tutorial available.
    Matthew Algie Coffee
    http://www.matthewalgie.com
    Espresso Warehouse
    http://www.espressowarehouse.com
    Berty - aka Munster Coffee Sales Manager

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Adding to the list...

M+D Coffee + Tea - Georges St. Arcade, Dublin 2 - Freshly roasted beans, and the best range of Moka Pots and other coffee makers (not espresso machines) in Dublin. Also have a Bodum Santos Electric Vacuum Pot.

Also, as a correction to my previous post - Beacon Cove do not roast their own beans. They import roasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Deemac

60 Western Parkway Business Park

e-mail:info@deemac-coffee.ie
    Ballymount Road
    phone:
    +353 1 450 7671 / 450 5891
    Dublin 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

M+D Coffee + Tea - Georges St. Arcade, Dublin 2 - Freshly roasted beans, and the best range of Moka Pots and other coffee makers (not espresso machines) in Dublin. Also have a Bodum Santos Electric Vacuum Pot.

Also in the farmers market in Howth on Sundays.

Also in the farmers market in Howth on Sundays.
    Tell me more about this farmers market...

http://www.irishfarmersmarkets.ie/howth.html
    Sunday and Bank Holiday afternoons during the summer.

M&D had a stall there last time I was out a few weeks back.
    They were not in the main square with the majority of stalls
    but rather in a smaller subsection of stalls inside a building
    beside Wrights. I believe M&D roast their own beans in their
    outfit up North and ship them down to Dublin weekly.
    I did notice I did have to adjust my grinder a fair bit for
    the Cuban beans I got from them, maybe it's the french roast
    or it could be they were more than a week old. Still a nice espresso
    but may not be to everyone's taste. Definite chocolate/caramel
    undertones. Reminded me of my hols in Cuba! But might be a tad
    strong for some.

• Advertisement

Talking to the guy today (who was really friendly), the beans were roasted on Monday, which is 4 days. Shouldn't really be sold in the first 1/2 days anyway as they are still degassing, so I'm happy with that freshness-wise. I don't know if they are single origin or a blend though.

My roaster hasn't arrived yet. But I have more than enough coffee to get through till it arrives.

SeaSide wrote:
    Deemac

60 Western Parkway Business Park

e-mail:info@deemac-coffee.ie
    Ballymount Road
    phone:
    +353 1 450 7671 / 450 5891
    Dublin 12
    Do they have a shop? ie can you walk in and buy something?

Mr Magnolia - can you add M&D Coffee & Tea to category 3, and move Beacon Cove down from 1 to 2.

use this text for M&D...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Great great idea for a thread IMHO. For additions from around the country just post them below in a similar fashion to RE*AC*TOR's addition above and I'll edit them in :)
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Mr Magnolia - can you add M&D Coffee & Tea to category 3, and move Beacon Cove down from 1 to 2.

Sorted.

I'd be tempted to include M+D under Section 1 too as they
    sell freshly roasted beans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Koko latte, quayside, Sligo.

The place is fairly new, but it's a great place that'll let you try coffee before you buy it as it's a fancy coffee/choc shop / cafe. They have some equipment, but theys sell pre ground and roasted beans (dont know if freshly roasted, but still excellent).

www.kokolatte.ie

• Advertisement

Anyone got contact details for M&D?I spoke to the guy in Howth last weekend and he said he'd be able to post me out some beans if I wanted to make any further purchase's.

The contact details were on the bag but I didn't keep it and rummaging through the bin isn't that appealing at the minute.

Edit/ M&D contact email: mandd.coffeeandtea@gmail.com

to be added to coffee equipment...

Home Store + More - Swords, Dublin - Similar range to arnotts, some Gaggia espresso machines, moka pots, french press etc. Did have some very good deals on lower end Gaggia machines (July 07).

Home Store + More also have a store on Belgard Road, near B&Q.
    I was informed that they will order in any Gaggia equipment that they
    do not currently have in stock if you need. Prices were much more
    expensive than online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

BT are doing the Gaggia Classic for 300 Euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

I don't believe Fallon & Byrne roast their own beans - in fact I have a hunch that they sell repackaged Ariosa beans, although I can't officially confirm this. Still great coffee, although not as fresh as getting it straight from Ariosa in Temple Bar (but of course we can't all get there on Saturdays).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 choslimi

House of Fraser, Dundrum
    - gaggia classic - special deal with cups/pod/coffee EUR360
    - kitchenaid artisan EUR600
    - and others

Debenhams, Blanchardstown
    - but it looks like end of stock stuff not much left

• Registered Users Posts: 39 choslimi

clerys (west and gardiner) have got a special offer on for an italian-like irish-made expresso maker - about €575. They have one on demo so presumably you can get a coffee there... looks a nice machine possibly a dual boiler. I'd have seriously considered it if I hadn't just bought an ascaso duo (online from myexpresso)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

choslimi wrote:
    if I hadn't just bought an ascaso duo

Snap, must mod the empty water light to be a 'full water' light :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

Hi All

In House of Fraser and they have the Gaggia at €321.00 is anybody in intrested.

Was looking for some nice espresso cups they only had the standard bodum for €6.00 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Mocha Beans,
    Edward Square,
    Galway.

Only roasters in galway, great coffee, though every time i ask for it to be ground for espresso it turns out too course, Though for anyone with a grinder That'll be no problem.
    www.mochabeans.com

Staying with Galway, Anthony ryans on market street have a full sellection of bodum and bialetti gear, and a sellection of espresso machines ranging from nespresso stuff to actuall machines like gaggia's etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 MarcoB

Marco Beverage Systems Ltd
    Unit 63d Heather Road
    Sandyford Industrial Estate
    Dublin 18

Tel 01-2952674

http://www.marco.ie

Manufacture and sell coffee equipment for the catering trade, Irish owned company. Also are agents for various manufacturers of traditional machines and bean to cup automated brewers. Only sell machines- no coffee.

I work there designing machines.

Are they trade sales only MarcoB?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

Hi Mr M

I think they will sell to who ever alot of offices i deal with have marco units in their canteen area mainly boilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 MarcoB

Are they trade sales only MarcoB?

No, but most happen to be. We would supply catalogue companies so businesses may buy from them. I think it might work out cheaper to buy from catalogues, i.e. catalogue company gets a bulk discount and forwards this on. Some catalogue companies might rebrand our machines so they appear to be within a range of other kitchen equipment.

We are agents for some coffee machine manufacturers,
    e.g. http://www.schaerer.com/default-n54-sE.html These could be sold direct to the likes of offices, I know some smaller ones have gone into peoples homes.

Some machines are bought by coffee companies and given free to customers, they might be under contract and buy coffee from the company. You will see our machines in pubs who might buy direct. Or in the likes of centra who might have a "bewleys counter" with several machines, in these cases it is usually given "free on loan" to the shop by the coffee company.

There are smaller machines sold now that could be used in the home, small ones are at the top, bulk ones at the bottom, you might see these in bewleys or the airport.

http://www.marco.ie/coffee_machine_filter.html

We are also involved with the SCAE -speciality coffee association of europe
    http://www.scae.ie/
    http://www.scae.com/
    Holding seminars and competitions at shows etc. One colleague is a "qualified taster", and has judged at international barista championships.

Grand so. I'll add them to the list. Thanks :)

Cheers banaco73 too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Anyone know what time M&D's open at? I dropped by there this morning (it was 10 on the nose) and it was closed. :(

While I'm at it: 40 euro for a grinder in Fallon and Byrnes. I went to M&D's to see if they had one cheaper. Is 40 euro OTT?

Is it the whirry blade one?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Just googled. Looked like this. I suppose that answers my question then. $30 is around 20 odd euro.

That's a blade grinder alright. I'd expect to pay around €40 in Ireland for one tbh. If you get one cheaper let me know

• Advertisement

Check Arnotts or some of the other big department stores - should get one cheaper. Nothing gained from getting a Bodum ones vs any other make.

Advertisement