Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy photographic equipment and consumables

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Hi max:D

Try www.tekmo.co.uk

Cheapest i've found...just ordered one 2 days ago...free postage to ireland too...and theres 70 euro cash back this month from canon....then pick up the 28-135 mm IS lens from argos....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 henryp

HI
    It seems that if you buy in person from New York there is sales tax of 8% or thereabouts, but if you buy from another state and have shipped to a New York address (for example if you are there on holiday) then you will not have to pay state taxes. Has anyone tried this? (although hard to know if safe to trust hotel staff!).
    If an order is bought and paid for in our retail store and you take the merchandise with you, we have to add local NYC sales tax. if the order is shipped to any address inside NY state, we have to add sales tax for the merchandise and shipping fees at the tax rate of the destination, which varies from county to county within the state. For any order shipped anywhere out of NY state, B&H does not add any tax.

Because we're as concerned as you about hotel staff, you cannot place an order online for delivery to a hotel. You have to call or e-mail. Payment must be COD in US dollars and the shipper (UPS) requires payment in the form of a bank check written by a mainland US bank. A hotel concierge should be able to assist with this. This only works for hotels in the USA. I don't think we'd ship to a hotel in another country. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭templeathea

Typhoon. wrote: »

Try www.tekmo.co.uk

Cheapest i've found...just ordered one 2 days ago...free postage to ireland too...and theres 70 euro cash back this month from canon....then pick up the 28-135 mm IS lens from argos....

I am thinking about the sigma 10-20 and wondering if I should get it there. But a lot of people seem to have gotten bad copies of that lens and had to change it which is a real pain to do by post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Oooh sorr temp..cant help ya there....try making a new topic and see if anyone has better thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

Typhoon. wrote: »

Try www.tekmo.co.uk

Thanks for that info but can you claim a canon cashback offer with a product purchased there? On the website, it says 'We source our products from authorised distributors in USA , UK , EUROPE & HONG KONG....'. Anyway, even without any cashback, the prices do seem very competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

gunnes on wexford street is that the one opposite whelans or is that a different shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Anyone know the Cheapest online shop for the sandisk extreme 2GB SD card. I was going to buy from play.com but they wont ship to ireland :mad:
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

http://www.dabs.ie/productlist.aspx?&NavigationKey=11151&NavigationKey=50107&NavigationKey=40890000&CategorySelectedId=11151&PageMode=1

Don't know if its the cheapest, but will only cost €5 on top of the listed prices to ship to ireland. I've ordered 3 times from them with no issues (can take a week for delivery tho..)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

BFassassin wrote: »
    Anyone know the Cheapest online shop for the sandisk extreme 2GB SD card. I was going to buy from play.com but they wont ship to ireland :mad:
    Thanks
    Thanks ike but they dont have the card im looking for. The best place I have seen is mymemory.com. Does anyone know how fast their delivery is? I need the card before next weekend.
    Thanks

finally have enough money (i hope) to buy my first DSLR.
    whats the best to begin with?
    my limit is about €600 at the most
    went into a few shops in town and was recommended the nikon D40? any good for a beginner?

Thanks! =D

whoops just realised this should be in the other one! my bad!

• Advertisement

was just reading through this thread and noticed a good few bad dealings with pixmania but from 2005. wondering if theyre still unreliable or have they improved because if they were that bad 2 years ago would they still be in business now if they kept doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 henryp

kateos2 wrote: »
    was just reading through this thread and noticed a good few bad dealings with pixmania but from 2005. wondering if theyre still unreliable ...
    It would seem so. See for yourself here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭templeathea

BFassassin wrote: »
    Thanks ike but they dont have the card im looking for. The best place I have seen is mymemory.com. Does anyone know how fast their delivery is? I need the card before next weekend.
    Thanks

Took my card about a week to get to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Does Gunns have an email address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Calumet Photograpic in Belfast are very friendly and Lens are so much cheaper there. Darren, Jimmy and Angus are really good guys to deal with.

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

somebody was asking about polaroid instant film I found this place.

www.silverprint.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭thefizz

jackdaw wrote: »
    Does Gunns have an email address ?

I think they do but don't their mails very often. Better to ring them, 01 4781226.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Kovold

Good for camera replacement and and spare batteries - Rechargeable.ie

Advertisement