Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prodigy live in ireland photos

• 03-10-2007 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I got around too it at last,scanned and uploaded a photo slide show too google video of the Prodigy live at the point may 1992,Gleneagle Killarney august 1993 and Cork city hall December 1993.I took all the photos using a compact camera with fast film,they are snap shotty but no one else took any so..take a look.
    I tried to upload to you tube but it was rejected..any tips welcome.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1762782973006932528

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ahh, white jeans, red trainers and FILA tops!! Dems was the days!! :D

Fair play! I was actually at the one in the Point, although I don't remember much about the night.

Strange choice ofmusic for the video. Wouldn't it of been more apt using something from Experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

excellent vid, thanks for posting!

Wow, they have really come a long way from those days to the excellent light show they put on now in their live shows.
    A great group to see live, the last time I saw them live was on the Singles Tour, in Millstreet. I can only remember about 10 minutes from the entire show! But it's a deadly 10 minutes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Ah yes the glory days of Rave, Fila trailblazers, baggy t-shirts and floppy hats :D i was at the Point myself but it's also a bit of a haze :o great times indeed nice one for posting man.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Ha ha - nice one - the red tracksuit thing Leeroy used to wear brought back a few memories.

I was 15 when they played the Gleneagles, I travelled down from Dublin on my own to see them - that was the first time heading out of Dublin for a gig. I was up on some kind of balcony for the gig so the view wasn't great, but managed to get Maxim's autograph beforehand - they were hanging round in some lobby. Keith was there as well, I got there just as they were about to head in and so he didn't sign for me - was well p*ssed off, but I met up at one of the Point gigs a couple of years later and he chatted away to us, was dead sound. They played that Sept (1993) in the Tivoli as well - I remember a lot more about that gig - was right up the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ahhh :) I was too young to go to those gigs but seen them loads in the last few years. Funny pics OP! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Glad ye like it and thanks for the comments.I realise a song from experience would be better,but I bought it on vynil and never converted it to mp3 so thought this would suffice.It's hard enough to find on google video as they wont let users add tags any more so pass the link around.

I remember the all the gigs like they were on last week!!Was up the front at all of them with the camera.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

carpark after killarney mates of mine sold packets of skins for 5 punt each :D

Always be rememebered for that :)

I was at all of them :)

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    carpark after killarney mates of mine sold packets of skins for 5 punt each :D
    That's just scabby! Were they on a day trip from Cavan?

BaZmO* wrote:
    That's just scabby! Were they on a day trip from Cavan?

both own their own companies now, guess some people are just born for that ****.

kdjac

Haha true! Some people can always find away to make a fast buck regardless. Personally I'd draw the line at something like that, but I suppose it was a seller's market.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    Haha true! Some people can always find away to make a fast buck regardless. Personally I'd draw the line at something like that, but I suppose it was a seller's market.

Peronsally i would have sold 1 skin for a punt and get 2 free, but i have a poxy job now :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lizzyitis

Well done

I was at the gig in The Point - Heaven On Earth. It was a great night really. Went downt to Dollymount Beach after it. Seems like a life time ago looking at those pictures!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭aidan kelly

Hey, thanks a million for posting those photos. I went to the Prodigy in the Gleneagles hotel in Killarney for my 16th birthday. Was anyone here on the hired coach that went down from Dublin? Mad carry on all together. The Prodigy were great though, I think "The Nutter" the "The 4th Dimension" supported them on their tour. I remember it took place in the ballroom of the Gleneagles Hotel, which is visible to the hotel residents as they walk through. Needless to say they didn't quite know what to make of the enormous rave taking place in the normally tranquil hotel! Mad times.

Seen as there are plenty of old Asylum regulars here, does anyone remember after they played the Tivoli in Septermber 1993 that The Prodigy came down to the The Asylum? I remember meeting them on the third floor, and chatting to Keith Flint, Leeroy and Liam Howlett. Nice guys they were too, I remember how chuffed I was, first night in the Asylum and meeting The Prodigy in person! Thanks again for posting the slideshow, brought back loads of memories.

lizzyitis wrote: »
    Well done

I was at the gig in The Point - Heaven On Earth. It was a great night really. Went downt to Dollymount Beach after it. Seems like a life time ago looking at those pictures!! :)

Hi Lizzy

I just read your paragraph on Asha's "JJ Tribute" on your Myspace. I thought it was great, as I had plenty of similar experiences listening to that record (Shay Hannon, a Sides DJ, played it all the time), and I remember the atmosphere in Sides when everyone started singing along to the songs (State of Grace, JJ Tribute, Apollonia, Fever Called Love, U2 Lemon, SPQR, and loads more), it was my first introduction to house music, and in its prime Sides was a special place to dance and meet new people. Thanks for the memories, brightened up my Friday mornining no end!

Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lizzyitis

Hi Lizzy

I just read your paragraph on Asha's "JJ Tribute" on your Myspace. I thought it was great, as I had plenty of similar experiences listening to that record (Shay Hannon, a Sides DJ, played it all the time), and I remember the atmosphere in Sides when everyone started singing along to the songs (State of Grace, JJ Tribute, Apollonia, Fever Called Love, U2 Lemon, SPQR, and loads more), it was my first introduction to house music, and in its prime Sides was a special place to dance and meet new people. Thanks for the memories, brightened up my Friday mornining no end!

Aidan.

Ah yes all those tunes bring back such memories. One other tune that I love to bits but can't seem to get my hands on is 'Peace & Harmony' Brothers In Harmony, out in 1990. Remember that tune! It was brilliant. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tetratech

Nice vids.
    Soon Chemicals going to visit us - hope to get some vids and post them too)

lizzyitis wrote: »
    Ah yes all those tunes bring back such memories. One other tune that I love to bits but can't seem to get my hands on is 'Peace & Harmony' Brothers In Harmony, out in 1990. Remember that tune! It was brilliant. :D

I can't say I know that one Lizzy, although I'm sure I've maybe heard it before. I must see if I can hunt it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭fish fingers

peace harmony , great tune. i remember your man from 4th dimension walkin round in killarney gettin everyone buzzin. He had that hat like your man from that film. House party i think. Kid and play ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HEADBOW

I know i am years too late , but do you stll have the pics. ???

Advertisement