Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TNG Promo. long shot but here goes

Options
  • 23-08-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All,

First Post, Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Long shot i know but no harm in asking.

I vaguely recall a advert/promo for TNG on Sky One in 1994/1995. It was set to the song dedicated follower of fashion by the kinks. I believe it was promoting the last season of the next generation. I would love to see that again as i loved it at the time, but all web searches have turned up blank. If anyone knows where i could get to see this again or point me in the right direction, it would be apprecated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Like a montage with the Kinks - dedicated follower of fashion as a backing track?
    I just listened to the song and it really doesn't sound familiar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jjkiernan

Yeah a montage. basically different scenes where clothing is a focus. Eg picard tugging on his uniform. I'm sure i'm not imagining it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Sounds vaguely familar. You're probably best contacting Sky themselves. They might atleast tell you if you made it up or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i have the special edition of DS9 season 4 the war of the warrier collectors editon on vhs and im pretty sure that what your talking about is a clip on the vhs, before the episode it shows chips from all movies with a voice and lots of montage scenes

Is this what you where looking for?

http://trekmovie.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭trekster

I just searched for "dedicated follower of fashion picard" on google looking for the same thing and this thread popped up at the top. Anyone have any ideas?

It was a huge advert at the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i remember the one your talking about alright. its basically one big montage of only picard in different constumes set to the kinks song.

i doubt its online anywhere tbh given its a Sky ad and i had a good look through youTube to no avail :(

this may sound a bit mad but why not just e-mail sky 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah I definately rememeber this too. Could be hard to find it though.

Advertisement