Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Debt - How much you have?

• 31-08-2007 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

So guys, today i added up how much debt i'm currently in..... and it depressed me! lol But to make me feel slightly better about myself i thought i'd come on here and see how i compare!!! so above is a poll to see how much ya owe out..... kinda just a rough figure but dont including anything massive like your mortgage.

So Phone, Medical, and Credit Card Bills. Personal loans, cars, money owed to people.

Hit me :D

I'm just gone twenty and own about 7,000 :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm just gone twenty and own about 7,000 :D
    I wish I owned seven grand tbh.

I owe two and ahalf grand on my CC, and another three grand to the bank for a loan.

No mortgage.

No car.

No kids.

:cool:

Can anyone offer some financial advise to be though? On how to eradicate my debt?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

€0. Hope that makes you feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not including mortgage which is feck all. About $100 on the credit card, thats it. Luckily it only has a $500 limit otherwise I'd be in trouble. My Paypal is linked to my bank account and that gets used often enough as well. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Firsly, there is no poll
    Secondly, there is no spoon
    Thirdly, get a damm job you hippy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I probably have a hundred or so on the credit card but once the bill comes in that'll be paid so I don't really count that. Apart from that, my brother owes me €20 and my friend owes me €30 so I'm in the black.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

about 10gs. don't have a house or children. just my trusty banger of a motor and myself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DesF wrote:
    Can anyone offer some financial advise to be though? On how to eradicate my debt?

Fake your own death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Hmmm

Mortgage 197,000
    Credit Card 650
    ...Will have a new car loan cause i killed may car so around 6000k

feel better now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

No mortgage, no kids.. and i own $100k in savings/investments...

How to eradicate debt? Wow thats a tough one..mmmm.. how about..

STOP SPENDING MONEY YOU DONT HAVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

158,200 mortgage

• Advertisement

Joeface wrote:
    ...Will have a new car loan cause i killed may car so around 6000k

That's one expensive car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

i owe??? Including my bank and credit cards and stuff.

I owe yer ma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I owe about €8,000, in a loan and some on my Credit Card, but I'm paying a good bit off every month. Should be debt free within a year or so. The thing is, you're always going to be in a little bit of debt. Once you pay off your loans you get a mortgage and then you're in debt for life. I just make sure I pay some off every month, so it's reducing all the time, or else i wake up at night in a cold sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I have to pay off €1.98 on my credit card, does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Thankfully, no debt at all. I cleared everything in the last year, both credit cards are empty (Although, one always was), and my bikes have been cleared too. I'm about to hop on the merry-go-round with a car again soon though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Orange69 wrote:
    No mortgage, no kids.. and i own $100k in savings/investments...

How to eradicate debt? Wow thats a tough one..mmmm.. how about..

STOP SPENDING MONEY YOU DONT HAVE!

bite me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

The poll wouldnt add for some reason lol

Anyways mine is:

€4,000 left on a car loan
    €1,000 on the mastercard
    €1,500 Nosejob Bill (Dont ask - but big sporting accident)
    €1000 Quinn Direct Balance for Car Insurance
    €300euro to O2

Thats it..... I just underguess at €7K lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

DesF wrote:

Eat less and get more exercise. Woops, that was for a different question ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Got paid today so paid off credit card which included the rest of my car insurance, so that's zero.

No mortgage.

No kids.

1300 in credit union.

Paying off 4k car loan at the mo, but that's all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

i owe about €450,000 but its cool I never intend paying any of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Equity 20k
    Debt 600k

Total Equity (580)k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

€218.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

I hate u all and ur savings lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ Zayn Happy Sunfish

ZERO

Ahhhh, you're right, I feel better already :)

TIP: For those who are in debt (excluding most of those with mortgages), here's a novel idea: stop buying things you can't afford!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

as of now i am in the black.....as of last week i owed 4K but i saved up 8K to cover the debts and my next year in college so i am now 4K in the black.

also today is my last day in work until next june and im just about to go home.........

my summer is only about to begin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zero zip nada nothing.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

in debt just about €20,000

car loan 5,000
    credit union loan 11,000
    credit card 4,500

i'm thinking of getting a loan to cover all. never get a credit union loan again forever paying it...

very hard to get them clear, think i might go for one loan for all any suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

a wise man once said...

"those who die without any debts haven't lived"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

about 1800 quid to the BOI if you count the interest on the rest of the term.

Car insurance and tax paid till this time next year = about 1700 quid value I won't be paying monthly till then, so about 100 quid when one cancels the other.

Equity wise I have 8 grand of car deprecating on me, music and DJing hardware worth just shy of 10k, and a few grand in varying bank accounts.

Advertisement