Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be afraid, be very afraid ¬_¬

• 16-08-2007 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

As of today there are 2 new additions to my folding farm.

1. E6600 @ 3.15ghz ( for now :p )

2. PS3 :)

Hopeful, looks like ill be catching you pretty soon mate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Well feck that. Left it folding all night, and it did a work unit in 5ish hours. And i only got 186 points for it..... I mean common 7 fecking cores should give me more then that like.

looks like i just needed to give it time. The ps3 is doing an amazing job. Im almost considering buying a second one now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

How fast does the PS3 do it in ?

Anywhere between 5 and 7 hours. There was a update a few mins ago to go to 1.2 and its added in some more options. And some advanced settings which i have to wait 15 mins till another work unit completes before i can see what it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Thats very fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

So how come you are still running behind me in points Anti?

I only have one C2D 6320 (ok...it is at 2.8gh) plus my old AMDX2 3800 (also at 2.8ghz).

You should caning me by now!

What clients are you running? I have the WinSMP on my C2D plus one CPU and one GPU client on my AMD rig.

My points are going to drop over the next day or two though as the Stanford GPU assignment server is overloaded......my GPU has been idle for almost 24 hours!

Its because i have to run the graphical client. The pcs in her work are all pentium 4's or celerons. And are just left to run in the back ground. My 2 in work are on t7200's on vista, so i cant get the smp client working properly, it works for a day or so, then it just hangs at a certain perentage. At home i have another t7200 with xp, but its ran as a file server so i cant have both cores maxed :( My e6600 is on vista too, so the SMP client is out of the window :( the ps3 amazingly has started dropping points, at one stage it was returning 1500 points per unit, now its dropped to 300-400, but thats since upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2 which is mandatory :( I have another and 4200+ @ 3.5ghz, but this thing has little cache, so its not to fast for folding. In the next 2 weeks im adding on a AMD turion laptop to the farm. but im expecting very little from this.

I have a Q6600 comming soon, And im going to try my best to get the SMP client running on this, even if i have to move back to vista.

But yeah, i should be destroying you at this stage :( but getting pcs that take 3 days for a unit and only give 100-300 points dosent help, when your gpu will do 1500 points every day no hassle at all.

Advertisement