Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

• 02-02-2004 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Seeing as the after hours lads have been drooling over their own concepts of beauty thought occured that the cyclists could post images of their equipment. [/B]And of their dream bikes etc. happy viewing.

5500.jpg

thats my current babe, in white. She's a few years old now though, so I'd love to have the money to replace her. Till then though she'll continue to serve me well

edit - my netsoc account has been cancelled in the intervening period. Not unlike seamus below.

Edit 07/06/14 - repeating a couple of mod warnings:

Firstly from post 6242

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, this thread has certainly lost its way in recent pages.

The thread is for posting pictures of bike gear that posters consider warrant the title "images of beauty". Everyone's perception of beauty is going to be different, so let's not turn it into a thread discussing the merits or otherwise of bestowing the title on specific "images". Yes we allow discussion in this thread, but please keep it constructive, try not to make negative comments (even in jest, as not everyone will necessarily get the joke) and help us get the thread back on track

Any questions, PM me or one of the other mods and don't de-rail the thread further by posting them here

Thanks

Beasty

Secondly we've had a lot of posters quoting images - this is not necessary - if you quote a post with an image in it just delete the image link within the quote. Posters can link back to the post in question by clicking on the little blue encased ">" beside the user name. That way we don't clog up the thread with multiple copies of the same photos
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mccann_over.jpg

2K4_StabPrimo_650.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

2K4_KulaDlx_650.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

My two current bikes
    1000_photo.jpg
    and...
    eubike_offroad_voltageyz2.jpg

they do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

4RM2BLU.jpg

2004-P3-full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

mpbpic128246.jpg

this and other shots on this site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

My baby (don't let the gf hear me saying that! :eek: ), handbuilt by moi... Mmmm all Italian... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Grifter.jpg

This is it, only saw it yesterday and I'm in love, it'll be years before I can afford it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Back in the day there was a thread showing pix of your rides. Sadly, it appears to have gone now. The odd photo has appeared in random threads and as there are some seriously cool and interesting bikes owned by boardsies so I thought it would nice to see what you all ride. As paths often cross it would also be nice to recognise some of you when out on the roads.

For starters, here are my bikes...

Schwinn Fastback Pro, Shimano 105 9 sp, Ultegra cranks, Xero lite wheels
    Img_46921.jpg

GT ZR3.0, Shimano 105 9sp cranks & brakes, Ultegra mechs, Duraace casette, 105 10sp shifters. Got FSA wing pro bars although jury still out on those. Specialized Alias saddle is excellent though.
    Img_46901.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

pbpic1355535.jpg
    Heres my downhill bike
    Da bomb mindbomb,888's,hayes 9's,ex729 etc..

I also have a da bomb cr8 hardtail and a haro backtrail x3 bmx.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nothing fancy, got a Trek FX 7.1 to replace my aging mountain bike, just for commuting to be honest

trek71fx.jpg

threads merged, although EL Tel - looking at you join date there must have been another one again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Well not my dreambikes by any stretch, for that I would be thinking Pinarello, Cervelo or maybe Colnago. These are my current bikes...

smallbike.jpg

Pedalforce QS2 frame (similar to Litespeed Pavia/Lapierre XLite), Dura Ace 7700 9speed groupset except cranks which are FSA Pro Elite Carbon. Look Keo Carbon pedals, Deda Supercarbon RS seatpost, Selle Italia SLR saddle, PlanetX Pro Carbon 50 tubular wheels with Continental Sprinters, Carbon wing bars, ITM Carbon/Alu stem, Tune 9g bottle cages. Polar CS400 computer. Super light all round. Bit twitchy for out of the saddle uphill efforts and sharp fast descents as a result of the light weight.

trainbikejpg.jpg

Trek OCLV120 frame (identical frame to the one Lance won in in 99), Dura Ace 7700 9speed all round. Look carbon seatpost, Selle Italia SLR XP saddle, ITM Millenium Bars and Stem, Cateye Astrale 8 computer, Mavic Kyrsium SSC wheels, Continental Attack/Force tyres, Tacx Tao cages. Look Keo Classic pedals.

Both bikes are far too good for me at the minute, going rubbish right now as a result of no winters training. So the moral of the story kids is that its the man and not the bike that counts !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i like the frame on the trek Quigs Snr, i doubt they still make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

No, its a 2000 model, I think they phased that type of frame out in 2002/3. Shame, its a very light bike and feels more solid in the sprint that the black bike, the black bike draws a lot of admiring glances, but my one paltry win in an handicapped league race this year was on the trek, I can somehow get a better power transfer in the sprint, that being said the black bike can haul ass too if its in the right hands, i,e, not mine !

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Dizz wrote:
    My baby (don't let the gf hear me saying that! :eek: ), handbuilt by moi... Mmmm all Italian... :D

Is that a Cinelli Starship?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

675344660_52018b1ef0_b.jpg

My Wilier Mortirolo

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

My baby. Handbuilt in Holland.

Koga Miyata Signature

p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

My Baby !

1603-3399-full-l_07sjfsrcompblk-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 makospeed

My EPX Mako commuter with fatboy slicks & my Planet x with Ultegra groupset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I like Tunney's choice but I'd change the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

That's my beauty. Pictures taken by my friend. The stupid guy riding it is me...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fajitasgtr/493683114/in/set-72157600204433004/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Nice one Tonto! I thought my ex-wife was a ball-breaker, but that must hurt on a long ride... :D

el tonto wrote:

My Wilier Mortirolo

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

i851525_lgpavia.jpg[/URL]

milod wrote:
    Nice one Tonto! I thought my ex-wife was a ball-breaker, but that must hurt on a long ride... :D

My ass is well calloused at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

288591402_6bd09a828a.jpg
    288590949_92a5c8e0c7.jpg
    288590839_890f6de1e6.jpg

Surly Cross-Check
    Groupset: Shimano Ultegra 10 speed, Compact chainset
    Wheels: Mavic Open Pro rims (32spoke), DT Swiss double butted SS spokes, Ultegra hubs, Vittorio Randonneur 700×28 tyres
    Saddle: Brooks B17 Champion Special
    Seatpost: ITM Road Racing Alloy
    Bars: Ritchey WCS Logic Oversize, 44cm
    Stem: ITM Forged Lite Luxe 110MM, 10-degree rise/drop
    Headset: BBB
    Brakes: Tektro Oryx cantilevers
    Rack: Tortec Expedition

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

t854465_tour.JPG t854543_5000TREK.jpg
    Have since changed the bars on the Specialized for drops. That photo was a few years back, thinking of retiring it into winter commuter duties and looking for a light steel tourer, Trojan's Surly looks very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

el tonto wrote:

My Wilier Mortirolo

How do you find the Specialized rib bottle cage? I was gonna buy 2 this week but they seem to have got fairly bad reviews, meant to break quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The Surly is damn nice alright. Here's the next planned upgrade :)

king_of_mercia_vl_1.jpg

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote:
    How do you find the Specialized rib bottle cage? I was gonna buy 2 this week but they seem to have got fairly bad reviews, meant to break quite easily.

They're grand. Used them for about six months at this stage and they haven't broken or lost any bottles. Bottles do get a bit scuffed up in them though.

Advertisement