Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speed Limits outside Craughwell

Options
  • 05-06-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Does any one have any idea why they've moved the speed limits so far out of town on the Loughrea side. It looks like a permanent thing and not just for roadworks. When you're driving into Craughwell you're expected to slow to 50km/hr at least a mile before the town. Before you didn't have to slow till the Statoil. I can't figure it out and it's really annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Aren't there new housing estates out that side now?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭finlma

Fey! wrote:
    Aren't there new housing estates out that side now?

They don't go anywhere near where the 50km zone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They're a limit, not a target.

You need to sort out some cruising tunes and use the time to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭finlma

SyxPak wrote:
    They're a limit, not a target.

You need to sort out some cruising tunes and use the time to relax.

Point taken but when you're in the country side - 50 km/hr is way too slow. If anyone has driven there they'll know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I know exactly what you're talking about. But as long as that 50km/hr limit has been in place I have NEVER seen one driver doing 50 in that zone, and I'm on that stretch twice a day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Drove through here at the weekend and they seem to have moved the end of the 50kmh limit back in towards town - now at the end of the built up area

Advertisement