Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

gorey market

Options
  • 27-03-2007 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi All,

Working with a landscape and wildlife photographer
    will be heading down to take part in Gorey Market in a few weeks time,anyone take part in it or visit it?:rolleyes:

Comments

Are you asking if we have in the past? Or are you looking for people to take part in it for your shoot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rosyposy

no we'll be just be displaying the work and selling at it. I've just heard its quite popular. We've done a few around Wicklow and Carlow already

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

rosyposy wrote:
    no we'll be just be displaying the work and selling at it. I've just heard its quite popular. We've done a few around Wicklow and Carlow already

I saw it last summer, looked to be lively, you should do well at it, everyone loves a market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Where is the market in Gorey?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

there is a market in enniscorthy every saturday morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I know that, its a fabulous market with loads of fresh produce. Its down by the river, beside the New Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

misswex wrote:
    Where is the market in Gorey?

by the secondary school, car park i think, bottom of the town,near Tescos.

apparently the gorey market arent interested in taking craft stalls,according to an organiser,pity as it seems like a good crowd goes to it
    @the Hunter, do u know if it gets much of a crowd?,or if theres crafts stall area:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

rosyposy wrote:
    apparently the gorey market arent interested in taking craft stalls,according to an organiser,pity as it seems like a good crowd goes to it
    @the Hunter, do u know if it gets much of a crowd?,or if theres crafts stall area:rolleyes:
    its just food really that is sold there (at the moment) , seems odd that they are not interested in some crafts etc :confused:

well theres plenty more markets around I've discovered that welcome crafts eg Howth,Blackrock etc, just have to find the time to do them now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

I don't know where anyone got the idea that there are no crafts at the Gorey market. There are a few at it, one from the local Camphill selling basketry, waving and pottery, another stall with paintings and woodwork and another selling jewelry. The market is there every saturday from before 9 to around 1 o'clock (I think) in the car park of the Community School near Tesco. It's well worth the visit.
    Call to the stall selling home made breads and cheeses and ask for Catherine, she can give you all the details about getting a pitch there. Don't go away without buying some of her walnut bread or cheese, I especially recommend the bread.
    I can't recommend this place enough.

Advertisement