Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards bowling event?

• 12-03-2007 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

So, any interest in a boards bowling event? say sometime in April, in some bowling alley in Dublin. I don't want to organise this as I'm just too lazy and I'll be too busy with work to organise one :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Nice one Senritsu, I'm actually trying to organise a boards.org.uk one at the minute...

Might be an idea to have a bit of a friendly-rivalry going on, keep tabs on the boards.ie and boards.org.uk scores :)

I won't be home for a while and not in April at any rate but that's an excellent idea.

Anyone else up for this, sign up here. If there are a few people interested in the first instance, it might be worthwhile throwing it open to the general boards.ie pubilc through a thread in the Events forum and perhaps a site-wide announcement!

Anyone want to volunteer to do the actual lane booking?

EDIT: I think it should be said that this would be for all boards users (and partners), not just us bowling forum folk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Actually, what would be the best place to try and organise this in? Leisureplex Coolock? Stillorgan? Palmerstown? Other? Any ideas?

It would be an idea to have a good pub within walking distance for some post-game analysis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

r3nu4l wrote:
    Actually, what would be the best place to try and organise this in? Leisureplex Coolock? Stillorgan? Palmerstown? Other? Any ideas?

It would be an idea to have a good pub within walking distance for some post-game analysis :D

Stillorgan would be a good bet as there are loads of good pubs around and I'm moving two blocks away in a month :D

I could be there to score a sparkling 70!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Well I won't be in Dublin til April 1st, so if anyone wants to organise this beffore then, please do :)

Also I would like to get some ideas when/if people are free to bowl for a few hours :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I'm flexible. Please PM me whenever you plan on getting together.

My wife is currently recovering from sciatica so I'd prefer it if it were after April 1st if possible so that she can join in.

I'm whipped, you see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Yup, we just need more interest in this event and then we can think about the date and other details... must post something up in the events forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

I won't be available for this until early June I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'd love to get involved with this I actually really love Bowling so count me in

I've never been to Coolock but Stillorgan and Tallaght both have a pub nearby to them. Stillorgan has a very nice pub on the corner near a Reids Furniture Store, the name escapes me now, but this is highly accessible from the City Centre via the Luas and the 46A

Also, from the City Centre, Tallaght has a few pubs in the area (The Foxs Covert for example) and a nearby IT so its a very nice atmosphere in the Village. The buses 77, 77A, 49, 49A, 65, 65B and 54A all service the Village from Town. The 75 services the Village from Dun Laoghaire, Stillorgan and Rathfarnham

These are two excellent places to Bowl and should certainly be looked into

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭5pin5

bolands

Advertisement