Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photos: Hardware

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

FLAG wrote:
    The item that was presented was an original flintlock and as such is not subject to the firearms acts.

It does however require inspection by the Garda ballistics unit and an importation order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

maglite wrote:
    did he point it at the camera man?
    Erm... no.
    Not the cameraman...
    bertiesmusketyb7.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

He missed that chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

he was in a dilema he only had one shot:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

Here's my only gun, Remington 870 Express 12 gauge with Chaote 10 round magazine extension.
    87376530pa2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Rovi wrote:
    Erm... no.
    Not the cameraman...
    bertiesmusketyb7.jpg

:D

Dr Paisley..." Guess we will be bringin the gun back into Sthn politics soon again..":)

Bertie: My Kingdom for a Silver Stake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

dimebag249 wrote:
    Here's my only gun, Remington 870 Express 12 gauge with Chaote 10 round magazine extension.

Holy crap that's a lot of empties

Vegeta wrote:
    Holy crap that's a lot of empties

Yeah I knew I was saving them for something. I think It's only a few hundred though, the scary thing is how many full shells I have. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Very sweet piece of kit ya got there DB.

That photo reminds my of Hot shots with Charlie Sheen letting rip on the riverboat.:D

• Advertisement

Cheers Hezz, to be honest when I got the extension it pretty much was like that sene! It's a terrific gun to fire, great fun. As soon as I gat the cash I think I'm gonna get a CZ .22 to keep it company, though I'm startin to fear all my cash is going to get wasted on bells and whistles for the 870.

At long last, I finally managed the track down the Sergent and got the the transfer rubber stamped. I picked it up friday and its already claimed one Magpie and seven rooks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

its a beauty. fair play"!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kiwijbob

this is my recently acquired 2nd hand Betinsolli Diamond, tried to
    take a different type of pic so it might look a little off the wall :cool:

it mightn't be the best gun in the world but I love it:D

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/250/520023486_5d5bd70f07_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

I have one myself, hard to beat the amount of gun you get for the price! I added the 22mm Butt Pad to suit, top job. Couldn't beat it with a big shtick!

Mallards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

My new CZ 452 Style.

And me lovely table too :D

Gunkids005.jpg

Gunkids004.jpg

Gunkids002.jpg

nice bit of kit there

nice rirlfe. i see you have a box of stinger bullets there. what do you think of them. i have been using them regularly and i have to say i have no faith in them. they are the only ones i can buy local and i fing them very giddy, then perhaps it may be the sights on my rifle. either way it has pushed me to use my shotgun far more. what do you think of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

stevoman wrote:
    nice rirlfe. i see you have a box of stinger bullets there. what do you think of them. i have been using them regularly and i have to say i have no faith in them. they are the only ones i can buy local and i fing them very giddy, then perhaps it may be the sights on my rifle. either way it has pushed me to use my shotgun far more. what do you think of them?

Hi stevoman,

I don't think they're that accurate really but they're not to bad. I'm still in the process of finding which rounds my rifle likes. The Stingers are good fun to shoot because of the extra punch but I suppose they're like all HV's when it comes to accuracy.

I have yet to try them out hunting, this weekend is looking promising, so I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

with a stiger you can go chest and take them out no prob

but a bigger group no doupt

• Advertisement

Hi stevoman,

I don't think they're that accurate really but they're not to bad. I'm still in the process of finding which rounds my rifle likes. The Stingers are good fun to shoot because of the extra punch but I suppose they're like all HV's when it comes to accuracy.

I have yet to try them out hunting, this weekend is looking promising, so I'll let you know how I get on.

yeah please if you dont mind. it'l clear up my own opinion on them and see if its me or the bulets that should be blamed for all those belly shots im making. i hope the old cliche about a good workman never blames his tools doesnt come back and bites me in the ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Are you guys talking about shooting rabbits or foxes here im assuming foxes if so personally all i would use are subs in a .22lr find the most accurate and stick em right between the eyes.

With any rimfire i wouldnt consider a boiler room shot not because it wont kill them but for me any where i find it harder to place the shot in the right place right between the eyes every time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

get a pack of stingers and look at the damage they do
    i'll try and sort out some pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

what range/s are we talking here ?

I've seen pics on a different forum of foxes shot with .22lr at 80 yards in the head and they were very dead. the rifle was in the hands of a very experienced shooter though.

I have never had the opportunity myself

Vegeta wrote:
    I've seen pics on a different forum of foxes shot with .22lr at 80 yards in the head and they were very dead. the rifle was in the hands of a very experienced shooter though.

I have never had the opportunity myself

dont shhot foxes with .22lr myself, use .204 ruger, mates use it and reckon .22lr capable out to 100 yards with good shooter ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

"Say hello to my little friend!"

Anschutz super match in BR trim, Weaver T36 glassware

Vinniew,

sweet...............well ware

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Vinniew wrote:
    "Say hello to my little friend!"

Anschutz super match in BR trim, Weaver T36 glassware

Ha Ha! Sweet that looks amazing. Was wondering why you were
    selling off so much Kit! Probably to pay for your new baby!.
    From the look of the kit looks like you are getting real serious!

Out of interest how much for the kit in total if you dont count the glass?
    (Ya dont have to answer but would love to know what it would cost
    me to get something similar in the distant future)

~B

• Advertisement

Good luck with that Vinnie, really sweet. That really out shines your 2 CZ's.

Advertisement