Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

mouse cord interference

Options
  • 28-04-2007 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to get rid of mouse cord interference? It drives me mad when I feel any friction from the mouse cord. I need something along the lines of the mouse bungee - mb2.jpg or wireweights - 0,1425,i=107460,00.jpg

At the moment I have the mouse cord wrapped around a CD spindle, 1/4 of the way up the spindle, so that it can spin, but it has 15 CD's on top of it so it doesn't spin easily. Not a bad solution, but could do better. I know I could get a wireless mouse but I hate them too ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pull up the slack and selotape it to the desk, no need for expensive bungies.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

as cremo says, in work I have all the slack pulled up to the desk edge and then used a velcro pad on the desk to stick the wire too (with it's own piece of velcro). All the play is then available to you. When travelling I have a travel mouse they winds in and out, but it isn't great.

At home have gone laser/cordless and couldn't go back..

hmmm, the endless possibilities of velcro, there could be a thread in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Blu-tac is the right stuff for keeping those annoying cables at bay!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

em...get a wireless mouse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'll have to go with DonalN on this one. Take a trip to the 21st Century and get yourselves wireless mice :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I don't game myself, but I understand that wireless mice are generally no good for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah you can get slight delays and when under fire it can be damaging if not fatal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

copacetic wrote:
    I don't game myself, but I understand that wireless mice are generally no good for it?

Not true, been using wireless mice for a long time now and I still own. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Wireless mice have batteries in them which makes the mouse heavier. This is fine for a normal computer user, but I have in the past been addicted to Quake and need to squeeze every tiny advantage I can out of the setup. It doesn't matter as much in other games, but the slightest interference can make a big difference in Quake, particularly with the lightning gun.

Advertisement