Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

spider-man 1 on DVD?

Options
  • 28-04-2007 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Listen I'm just curious as to where I could pick up the first Spider-man film on DVD for cheap-ish i.e. less than a tenner?

To cut a long story short, I'm going to see Spiderman 3 next weekend with a few mates. Now I saw the first two films when they originally hit cinema's a few years back, but that was the only time I saw them unfortunatly. I felt I needed to re-cap on Spidey 1&2 before I see 3 as I've forgotton most of the plot and that at this stage.

I was in HMV last week and noticed they had Spider-man 2.1 on DVD which apparently is a longer, better version of SM2 so I bought that on the spot. When I went to look for the first film I hit a bit of a snag unfortunatly. HMV were charging 39.99 :confused: for it, when I could have sworn I saw it in their 3 for €30 deal last summer. I checked out Golden Discs after that; out of stock, and then Virgin; also out of stock.

I know I probably should have ordered it off the net but it's too late for that now. So basically I'm just asking if anyone has recently seen Spiderman 1 on DVD for around ten quid, and if so where?

Thanks for the help,
    Enda. ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You probably should have posted this in Bargain Alerts as a request, might have gotten more responses. You can get it from Play and CDwow for about 8 euro but I take it you want it before next weekend. Those in-store deals are usually based on stock levels and it sounds like there isn't much at the moment.

Maybe if you ordered now from Play you might get it by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think i saw Spiderman 2.1 for €11.99 new in Gamestop yesterday.

Best bet is to scour the used DVD's in Gamestop - i know i saw Spiderman 2 used in my local stor also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

yes ,gamestop, got my copie there preowned for 3 euro
    also, try xtravision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

cheers, I didnt even think of Gamestop. I'll drop in there next Monday after college. appreciate the replies

Enda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I saw it a while back for about €6 in Golden Discs on Henry St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Did you get sorted OP ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement