Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New mod to help with south east forums!

Options
  • 11-04-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

We need another mod for the regional forums. The new Wexford forum went live today and I'm wondering who would be ideal as a mod for the regional forums as a hole.

Suggestions on a postcard pls :)

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

self nom withdrawn, i nominate orig psycho also

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Yoink

So how does this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Need this to work like this:

1) Nominations (no self nominations guys pls)
    2) votes for the nominated parties
    3) Be on boards at least 2 years (sorry, but it's best for all involved if the person is known)

Thanks,

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Self nom Withdrawn. I'd give it to original_psycho so seeing as he was the one to propose the wexford forum in the first place.
    But Paul, i'm pretty sure i've seen users made mods that have been on boards for less than 2 years? I mean you can get lots of lurkers that have old accounts but aren't known at all. Wouldn't it be better to have a mod that's familiar with the subject matter they're moderating?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I think Oldyellar mentioned before that she'd take on the mod job of the Waterford forum. That'd take some of the workload from flamegrill. She'd be well able and very suitable for the job.

Cheers lads!

Flamegrill, is that you are looking for a co mod?
    Or do you want seperate mods who's look after Wexford, Waterford etc with you then still modding them all?

Iain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Old Yellar / Cabaal, both well known on boards and frequent the Waterford/Kilkenny fora.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

TBH I think original_psycho would make an excellent mod.

Might be an idea to keep yourself as the South-East cat mod and add a local to each of the local fora?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

c - 13 wrote:
    Old Yellar / Cabaal, both well known on boards and frequent the Waterford/Kilkenny fora.

Agreed. The forum needs somebody who is active within the regional forums and is known on Boards (and at least one of the regional forums).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ibid wrote:
    Might be an idea to keep yourself as the South-East cat mod and add a local to each of the local fora?

Agreed. Someone needs to be the "Regional" mod, and someone needs to be a mod for each City/Countie forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

My backing goes to original_psycho too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Cabaal and Old Yellar gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

+1 for original_psycho.

Advertisement