Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

accomodation achill

• 03-04-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi,
    planning a trip to achill over the may bank holiday weekend. I looked up the tourism website which lists all available hotels, guesthouses, b&b...but I was wondering if someone here could recommend anything? Also is there a bicyle hire or would cycling be at all recommendable?

thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Lets hope you dont get lost like you did here :D

Moved to West forum

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

have to admit, i wasn't quite sure where the west ends and the north-west begins ;) being not irish myself, everything "beyond" galway looks quite northern to me...:o but i hope i'll might get some help over here...?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I suppose you could try this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Its more Westport but if you have cash to burn you could stay in this castle, was featured on Grand Designs show on C4. Its only 1500 odd for a week.

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/grand-designs/grand-designs-abroad/ireland.html

http://www.kilgallan.com/s04_availability/s04p01_availability.php

http://www.kilgallan.com/s04_availability/s04p01_availability.php

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I can't beleive they build their dream house and then just rent it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

5unflower wrote:
    Hi,
    planning a trip to achill over the may bank holiday weekend. I looked up the tourism website which lists all available hotels, guesthouses, b&b...but I was wondering if someone here could recommend anything? Also is there a bicyle hire or would cycling be at all recommendable?

thanks for any advice!
    from achill myself. the hotel are ok. I recommend alices its just off the island but its close to the shops. cycling is ok but there is some serious climbs as its very mountainous. The views are very good but thats if you get the weather. you could staring into a fog that lingers for days and not see more than fee feet in front of you of you could be basking in glorious sunshine.

pm me weith more info on what you plan and ill try to suggest things.

Advertisement