Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

betfair

• 26-02-2007 2:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

how many people here use betfair ?
    just reply "yes" or "no" please everyone !!

Do You use Betfair , Bookmaker,or Both ? ? 16 votes

Just Betfair
    0%
    Just High-Street Bookie
    81%
    Chucky the treeSoundWavedaithi01homah_7ftzuutroypwdBeaupadraig_fmegadodgeSirAcescorkandproudYa-Boy-YaPassport 13 votes
    Both
    18%
    Kingp35bullrunnerCollie D 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RaiseTheBlinds

actually just do the poll,....
    high street bookie, meaning traditional bookmaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Just High-Street Bookie
    pretty much just betfair, i use skybet and 365 aswell. However 90% of the times its betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Mostly betfair but have online accounts with PP, Boyles and Ladbrokes. Do the odd coupon in shop and now again have a flutter on the nags

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

dont use betfair as it confuses me some what.
    i do have an account with PP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Pp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Betfair is by far the greatest website to use when gambling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

gotta agree with u there m8

county wrote:
    dont use betfair as it confuses me some what.
    i do have an account with PP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Mostly betfair, but have accounts with most of the others in case they're offering something generous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Betfair mostly, but my Paddy Power account if I want to bet an amount that is not available on Betfair. Antepost markets can be very thin on Betfair.

I always do an antepost accumulator on the English Classics around now, and an Oaks / Derby double in the weeks before Epsom. Last year I laid horses to place in both races and was successful. One obligingly finished last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Just High-Street Bookie
    oops I thought bookmaker referred to some site :/. I use both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

As someone who likes to punt on golf i find i have to use the high street bookies. It's easy to get win odds on betfair greater than the bookies but the same doesn't work for place betting.

For example. I wanted to have a small wager on Clarke in the Masters. I could back Clarke to win on Betfair at 300/1 (now higher) but only get c. 27/1 for Top 5 but I could get 200/1 ew with PP (price now gone) offering me restricted win odds but much improved place odds so I took that instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

pp

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Trad bookies should be used for accums, liquidity problems, stuff the exchanges don't do but for bog standard singles the exchanges win out everytime.
    I'm surprised some of the people here use PP over exchanges and I can only assume that's because of the "laying" part of the system and decimals which are sometimes hard to understand.
    I owuld be interested in finding out why that is?
    Most of the time (but it is contracting nowadays) you will get better odds
    on the exchanges after commissions.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Both
    Since I have voted on this poll I have started using Betfair and I think its better than the normal bookies in most things but Betfair doesnt odder some markets that the normal bookie does ie Who will score the most 180's is a darts match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

Kingp35 wrote:
    ie Who will score the most 180's is a darts match.

I think most bookies do that bet. Although I must agree they do have some amount of market's. Ladbrokes ahve a great football market but only accept low amounts.

Question for people with betfair acount. Do ye email them to say you sent money to your account or do they just know with the reference number you use?

Might seem stupid but I just thought I seen on there site before to email them when you send money by bank transfer but cant see it there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I only lkodge via laser, and it appears automatic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

A little bit of both.

Only joined up to Betfair about 2 months ago + it's far better imo. Having the choice to lay bets is what attracted me to it and is what's making me some (small) money at the mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

gavindcht wrote: »
    Quick question guys. Do you still rate them as the largest in online gambling today or this year? vbulletin-smile.gif

They turn over the most by far but their profit has fallen behind the current big 3 of Hills, PP and 365. They're also not as big share wise etc. Still should be the first account you need if anyway serious about gambling.

Advertisement