Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Damien V Comreg Newstalk 13:30 today Sat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Great stuff, really didn't think Comreg would ever brave going up against Damien.
    Text is on its way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ohhhh! Liverpool - Man Utd or Damian - Comreg? Choices choices! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Good luck Damien, I'll be listening in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The comeg bod sounds like a man who knows he can't (ie won't) be held to account.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

mike65 wrote:
    ohhhh! Liverpool - Man Utd or Damian - Comreg? Choices choices! :D
    Perfect timing - interview fitted in exactly with half time :)

Good work Damien, you rebutted his points really well. Excellent closing point too, concise and simple...

• Advertisement

Had my email and name mentioned but the presenter muddled up my point and made a balls of it :( . Well done Damien especially on your last word.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Good point Mike. I'll add that he came across as flippant and a touch arrogant too.

It was great to hear of the texts from around the country, showing that it's not only the Wesht who suffers from pairgains and wires lying in ditches.

Damien spoke very professionally and gave a commendable performance. I can see a future in radio broadcasting for him, never mind Broadband Manager for Comreg!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Well done Damien, very good.
    Great stuff, really didn't think Comreg would ever brave going up against Damien.
    Comreg weren't too impressed with Damien getting a free rein on the George Hook show last week and in particular Damien calling a spade a spade where Comreg are concerned.

To my mind the interview showed clearly Comreg's attitudes and views. And none of them are consumer orientated.

Anybody managed to find a link to the interview yet?

Or if you recorded it PM me and I'll host the file and post the link here

John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

anyone want to give me a sysnyious of the program?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

anyone want to give me a sysnyious of the program?
    Comreg was hopeless. I'm sure people are surprised to find that out :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

any body record it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I emailed in about eircom squatting on their nationwide 3.5Ghz FWA licence and instead Newstalk said "Eircom Squatting on the lines" and gave somebody elses name.

Good work Damien, clear precise and well worked, nothing too techy and simple to understand. People must remember that around 22% of the population are illiterate and unless you didn't speak english you'd have understood Damien's and the IrelandOffline message. Keep up the battle, the interview on the bus a few months back was great too as was PrimeTime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

TCP/IP wrote:
    any body record it

its repeated in the morning between 7 and 9 so Damien's piece would be about 8.30

netwhizkid wrote:
    I emailed in about eircom squatting on their nationwide 3.5Ghz FWA licence and instead Newstalk said "Eircom Squatting on the lines" and gave somebody elses name.
    That name was mine, I also emailed about Eircom squatting their 3.5ghz Fwa licence and why Comreg hadn't fined them, Like I said in my above post he fcuked it up, making me look like an idiot. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Dang! missed it - linky anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They seem to offer "podcasts" on some programs. But you have to copy & paste the links and my non-ipod SW claims the links don't work. They seem to think that folks only have iPods. I may try other SW. I Didn't see this program on their list yet:
    http://www.newstalk.ie/podcasting.html

Advertisement