Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DS9 Gets the Slimline Treatment

Options
  • 25-02-2007 8:04pm

From the United Federation of Planets:
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is set to be re-released on DVD in 2007 in a new slimline DVD set on April 23rd.

The new sets, follow almost a year after Star Trek: The Next Generation was re-released in a new slimline DVD packaging, including all the disks from the original sets - as well as all the bonus features.

As per the Next Gen release, this is expected to be a region 2 release only.

There you have it, I have also heard some news about an expected Voyager and Original Series release too! Watch this space!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Cool. Might get these.

I got the original TNG box sets.. to be honest, I hate the fancy packaging. Having to unravel an entire season box just to find the episode you want is a major pain the arse. I just wanted the DVD's.. not all this cheap plastic.

Was annoyed when they released the slimline sets - much better and cheaper.

I have the 3 TOS sets, and the Animated Series, and I think they are excellent! I really like the Vulcan hand gesture opening of the 3 TOS sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

At last! Was waiting forever for these. Felt I neglected DS9 during its original run so will be good to catch up. Some excellent episodes await...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

DS9 is brilliant. I hope sky start showing it again, they've shown TNG and Voyager about 6 times each but DS9 only once properly

Advertisement