Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Carlow Talbot hotel Q?.

• 28-02-2007 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Adele Aggressive Stoicism

Anyone got opinion's on it, also Carlow in general.

I'm looking for a nice quite town, along the lines of Bunclody or Clifden (I've stayed in both and their just what the body needs again).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Hey there.

The Talbot's OK, I've been there a couple of times in the bistro and I've had a few bad experiences (e.g. coffee served cold and waiting ages for attendents to come with drinks) but the food's quite good. Not sure how the rooms are, I've had no need for them!

Carlow's quite good, the town itself has the social problems that go with cities and large towns these days but there's plenty to do across the county so if you have a few free Saturdays and want to occupy yourself you'll probably find something that's of interest to you.

I've shamelessly plugged this before, probably shouldn't do it again but anyway if you want more info, then this guide should be useful. There's a little bit more inside the respective town guides but more will be added over the coming months.

There's loads of sports clubs to get involved in if you're that way inclined, http://www.countycarlow.ie/services/developmentboard/reports/LSPSportsDirectory.pdf has a list of most of them. It's a bit out of date, new clubs have been added since its publication.

Advertisement