Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good burger in Dublin?

• 01-02-2007 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

I used to like it, but Eddie Rockets has really gone down the pan in the last couple of years. They're clearly using frozen processed patties now. Is there anywhere doing decent burgers in the city centre. Real fresh meat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭beyondrapid

rick's real hamburgers on dame street

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Ricks on Dame St. used to be the cheese, but like Eddie Rockets standards have dropped off and its way over priced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just around the corner from Ricks there is a place called "Sultan" it mainly does kebabs etc but his burgers are unreal!!! I go in for a quarter pounder in there a few times a week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JennyOR

Where is Sultan? Is it north great georges street? I like BoBo on Camden street. Amazing burgers. Lovely sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Jake Acidic Backspace

I have to go with Rick's on Dame St. too.

Best burger's in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Are people advocating Rick's because they had one on the way home from a night of drinking? In fairness, it's not a bad burger, but dunno about the best in Dublin.
    As for Eddie's, it's really down to the outlet. Stillorgan is the best Eddie's around and you'd be surprised at the difference between the various outlets.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Johnny, are you thinking of Zaytoon on Parliment St? Check out the burgers in the Porterhouse on Parliment St. tbh. Great with a few pints but quality without.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

without a doubt,the best burger to be had in Dublin is at 'Sirocco' beside 'The Foggy Dew' which is beside the Central bank..
    Burger,fries and a drink all for under 6euro and they are open until 3 or 4am at weekends..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm shocked and appalled that no-one here mention Captain America's on Grafton St. , I'm in there once a month and the burgers are fantastic. They're proper handmade burgers aswell, not that frozen sh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

40545.GIF
    Welcome to the Good Burger home of the Good Burger, can I take your order ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Deffo sultans, when you are coming down George's Street, Dunnes/Laser is on the right hand side. When you get to the small pedestrian lights there its the first place on the left hand side!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Iamboesky

Sultans is decent but you cant beat the chicken fillet burgers at Istanbul on Baggot St. Or the mixed grill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

JennyOR wrote:
    I like BoBo on Camden street. Amazing burgers. Lovely sauce.
    I refuse to eat anywhere that's charging e7.95 for a pint of Heineken to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Iamboesky

Eddie rockets is a joke, so's captain America. Less for more!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Zaytoons. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

captain americas is the best burger in town. The gas thing is that they have been around since the early 80s:)

I was in there recently, and the burger tastes as good as it tasted back in 1990

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was in BoBo today, and my God, but their burgers are delicious. I will most definitely be back for more.

Blue cheese, cream cheese and rocket burger!! MMM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I thought this thread was sayin Kenan and Kel are openin a fast food place on Grafton Street

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I agree that inEDDIBLE Ripoff's serve ****. Been there just once & the Burger was burnt because the guy that was supposed to be cooking them was more interested in chatting up one of the Waitresses. The Manager was watching this & even did not do anything when I sent mine back as it was inedible.

The Woolshed does serve a good one. It even has Beetroot on it. Called an Aussie Burger from memory. Not cheap but nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

BóBós on Camden st. is worth a look. They cook the burgers right in fornt of you so you can see all the ingredients etc, which all look quite fresh. Shame about the price of a beer there though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

The Merrion Inn has the best burgers I've tasted in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

There's a new place in Dun laoghaire called The Real Gourmet Burger. Anyone tried it??

http://conoroneill.com/2006/11/09/real-gourmet-burger-menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

There's a new place in Dun laoghaire called The Real Gourmet Burger. Anyone tried it??

Not yet, but i've heard very good things from anyone who has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

brilliant. Best burger ever tasted and the chips are great too. I'd avoid times when families are eating (Early evenings) because you have to wait for a table, but honestly, give it a try you will not be disappointed.

It's in the Pavillion below the 40 foot.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

brilliant. Best burger ever tasted and the chips are great too. I'd avoid times when families are eating (Early evenings) because you have to wait for a table, but honestly, give it a try you will not be disappointed.

It's in the Pavillion below the 40 foot.

do they do take away? - sorry i see from the back of that menu that they do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

went to bobos on camden street on the weekend. effing gorgeous burger. My sister had the veggie burger which went down well. gonna try out the place in dun laoghaire when I'm there next. Been in the Merrion inn and it's a bit too 'ross and the goys' for me. Thanks for the suggestions.

Oh yeah Elephant and castle, fleet street do good burgers but my memory is that they're very pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Was out there last night and the place is all closed up with a sign in the window stating that they were closed because the restaurant backfilled with smoke due to a ducting problem in the Pavilion Centre. Should be reopened later in the week I think. Was looking forward to my venison burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The film centre in Temple Bar does a savage burger.

The best kebab is Zaytoon.........FACT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gatsby

Been to the one in Port Laoise. The lamb burgers are fantastic.
    Think i saw a a sign on a window in smithfield to say they are opening there soon too

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the real burger place in Dun got a great review from paulo tullio in todays indo.

Advertisement