Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

holiday house in wexford

• 14-12-2006 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

any thoughts on whatsthe best area in wexford for a holiday house/caravan?
    have pretty much narrowed down to rosslare strand or blackwater/curracloe.

rosslare strand seems to be a bit livelier all year round but the would the beaches up near blackwater/curracloe be better? would it be a bit dead around there outside the summer.

have a couple of yooung kids so focus is on keeping them entertained but in an outdoorsie kind of way..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Well Rosslare is livelier in the winter but Curralcoe would win hands down form, fantastic sandy beach with good clear safe water. Is close to Wexford town if the weather is bad, lovely wood running beside the beach as well so you can go for walks and cycles etc. Has an arcade and chipper that opens in the summer.

PM me if you want to know anything else, will try and help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Ya i live in Curracloe, in the winter its pretty much dead apart from the local village itself which can be fine at the weekend nights, mot much to do apart from the beach and as said "walks and cycling" and Wexford town is pretty close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Phat Chance

I got stung by a jellyfish in Curracloe. Seen a hell of a lot more out there too. One was about 1.5 feet across. I'm not kidding. Enjoy the holiday home! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

I would say curracloe. Went there when i was younger alot and they always had funfairs and arcades and the beach is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Upside for Rosslare is better public transport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Ah but the beach is not as good and it had become overrun with holiday homes etc. Curracloe for the unspoilt beauty of it :)

Advertisement