Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

acca V cpa in USA

• 10-12-2006 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

hey,

was planning on studyin for acca qualification when i commence training but i hope to travel to USA when fully qualified.

was just wondering if cpa would be a better route to take in order to secure a job easier in de USofA?

most practices over there seem to be certified public accountants and i dont know how 'big' acca is there.

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Afaik CPA here and over there are completely different.

Not sure about ACCA and it's standing over there either.

This is regards to ACA anyway http://www.icai.ie/media/mr-details.cfm?id=266

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sean

I think you should be thinking about the long term on this one.

In the States they use GAAP - rules based accounting.

Here, back at home we use FRS (IFRS) - principles based accounting.

There is not much of a difference between the two, mainly disclosure policies.

ACCA already have centres in Amercia so you should have no problem getting a job over there under their recognition.

As I said before, pick the option which will leave doors open in years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Check out the CPA America website and see what it says about moving there with an outside qualification. If there's nothing on the site, I'd email them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

many thanks lads.

i think long term i would prefer living in de states so i think ill stick to de plan of doin acca.

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 mo chara

yeah when i was there i noticed a few cpa practices but didnt see anhy who were advertising themselves as acca.

theres a firm called h+r block who do peoples taxes that may employ acca qualified accountants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Hello, you may find helpful info at www.aicpa.org.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

There was a very good article in that Accountancy Ireland magazine that gets posted out to all ACA (ICAI) members there last week or so. Explained thoroughly the ins and out of being allowed practice over there - recommend you get your hands on it - I threw my mag away so can't be of any help I'm afraid.

Advertisement