Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New paper in Mayo?

• 13-10-2006 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I heard the Advertiser are opening up in Mayo? Any news on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I don't think it's the Advertiser, it's a paper called The Dealer. I think it's originally a Letterkenny publication

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

christ as long as they dont start pushing it through my letter box i get enough crap as it is, plus a million letters for people who dont live here anymore.

how does one stop that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

You were right. As well as 'The Dealer', the Mayo Advertiser have now also opened an office in Castlebar.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The Echo won't be too impressed - they made the free paper trade work in Mayo again (it was how many years since the Mayo Post went outta publication?). Letterkenny and Galway (I assume this is the Advertiser you mean?) are combining their might to crush the newbies in the paper world of Mayo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I've just had a read of the Mayo Advertiser. Not bad though I was disappointed there isn't an "Ask Amy" equivalent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cappamj

I was quiet suprised how good it is, much better than I expected

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

irishgeo wrote:
    christ as long as they dont start pushing it through my letter box i get enough crap as it is, plus a million letters for people who dont live here anymore.

how does one stop that?

For "million letters for people who dont live here anymore", talk to the postman (even if it takes a number of times, make sure you explain who is at the address, be nice). If anything more comes mark 'not at this address' and talk to the postman again!

If your really pissed at it call the companies who sent the letters (ie Eircom, NTL, Sky etc), some can be quick and helpfull.

The same thing to me before and is happening where I've just moved in, but my house mate is apprently handing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

getting bills for money owed as well by other people. what happens if they send the bailifs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

irishgeo wrote:

how does one stop that?
    Recycle.

Advertisement