Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

26th August, Stephens Gn for big Reunion of the summer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Piste wrote:
    I was there briefly. I made a guest appearance, hugged people,. then scuttled to Trinity to make my socks into juggling balls.
    A most admirable past-time.
    Undergod wrote:
    THe real reason for Trinity was to see me.
    Also most admirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Undergod wrote:
    THe real reason for Trinity was to see me. Juggling socks are secondary.

Oh Billiam! How well you see through my juggling facade! I didn't get to see you for very long :(, we need another night like we had after The Concert in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

carlowboy wrote:
    Usually this place is a hive of activity around this time.....

Over twenty posts since this and still no yore ma jokes....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You'd swear it was one of those phases that die natural deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Unless used very wittily, 'yore ma' basically means 'I've nothing better to say.' That's why it'll always live on in people's unimaginations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Madeleine

Unless used very wittily, 'yore ma' basically means 'I've nothing better to say.' That's why it'll always live on in people's unimaginations.

Ffs, I feel insulted

It does get quite annoying though when it's repeated all the time. it's occasionally funny, but for the most part it's just said when better insults or comments don't come to mind.

It's just old.

It can be used well with skill, but that doesn't seem to be the case, generally.

'That's what she said' was worse for the most-part though. Especially when it was said in regards to Theo Phys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's just old.
    Like yore ma!

See how that wasn't funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Oh Lizziam! That we do. But I'm not leaving the house until my LC is up, I think.
    ... it'll always live on in people's unimaginations.

Well put. And 'that's what she said' is more difficult to use well.

Raphael wrote:
    Like yore ma!

Damn, I was just about to say that!

Billiam: AH right, THAT thing. What're you hoping to do after teh LC anyway?

When I said that it wasn't out of disappointment, I was just surprised.
    I feel the same way about it...

'That's what she said' was worse for the most-part though. Especially when it was said in regards to Theo Phys.
    Sigh, yes. I know there is innuendo to be found in a lot of things, but gravity and whatnot, are just NOT filthy.

Friction maybe a little.

But still!

When I said that it wasn't out of disappointment, I was just surprised.
    I feel the same way about it...

I wasn't attacking you or assuming that at all actually, I'm just bored to death of bland jokes. Now join the crusade against them with me!
    Sigh, yes. I know there is innuendo to be found in a lot of things, but gravity and whatnot, are just NOT filthy.

But gravity and breasts can be kind of insinuative............

Saggy tits?
    (to put it bluntly)

Kinda like yore ma's?

(love me)

Dead?

Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Yore ma is quite bad but nothing compares to "random". The word has been raped and pillaged.

'Random' is used by everyone and usually in good context, so it's not all death.

But 'The Game' deserves to be crucified. Just today, a good friend fron school who doesn't know anything about CTYI started telling me about it. It's infiltrating mainstream society! If it was bad with annoying little smart-kids using it it'll be even worse with annoying little everythings using it. How did this happen? It was God-awful that it ever came to be in the first place and it spreading was kind of ineveitable maybe, but does that not really freak anyone else out, that we're hearing the Game going around in full circle now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

'Random' is used by everyone and usually in good context, so it's not all death.

But 'The Game' deserves to be crucified. Just today, a good friend fron school who doesn't know anything about CTYI started telling me about it. It's infiltrating mainstream society! If it was bad with annoying little smart-kids using it it'll be even worse with annoying little everythings using it. How did this happen? It was God-awful that it ever came to be in the first place and it spreading was kind of ineveitable maybe, but does that not really freak anyone else out, that we're hearing the Game going around in full circle now?
    The fact that "random" is used by everyone makes it annoying as hear it the whole time.

As for "The Game", its not a CTYI thing. Its just a stupid thing introduced by someone into CTYI. Thank God it was never in any session I was ever in.

Cliodhna "The Game" has been round for a long long time, known by many. Wiki link Here. Someone stupidly introduced it to the majority of CTYI students, and taking to stupid memes like a duck takes to cocaine everyone started "playing" it Including the people who chose to do Game Theory for three weeks die die die oh God why won't you die?!

Yeah the word "random" has indeed been raped and killed and its bloody battered corpse spat upon by all who use it. I frequently hear people in my year say things like "Oh my god you're so random!" (pronounced "rondom") If they wear, say, odd socks.

Die die die.

I've never heard it that badly used myself, but that sounds painful. I'm glad that the Game has been around, and that we're not just freaks who can't stop being influenced by it. And there's a fada on the 'i', Liz.

I am well aware of how to spell your name :P But my keyboard doesn't do fadas on i's, the best I can get is ì.

Well threaten it with vulgar abusive language I say!

Gaeilge? :p

Cad atá cearr leis an nGaeilge?

Oh yeah, most people think it's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Random is very used, and frequently incorrectly.

And CTYI is ridiculously memetically active, there's practically no immune system.

Undergod wrote:
    And CTYI is ridiculously memetically active, there's practically no immune system.

Very well said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

*wipes laughter tears away*

Advertisement