Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ruth Ní Chumhaill 2005-

• 19-05-2006 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

I wouldn't imagine anyone knows me. I was in Drama, in Ciara's RA group, and I'll be in Philosophy this year. I can't work out why so few people use the boards! Or else the people I know are disguising themselves _really_ well...
    I only know they exist cause my roommate last year despite being a newbie like me knew lots about CTYI from the boards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Annio

Hey darling! Tis the best TA in the world here! (Andrea of course!) Just saw your little message while I was browsing Boards (I'm doing anything to avoid studying this evening) Hope you're keeping well and are all excited about CTYI, only a few weeks away now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

ANDREA!
    *whispers* Scene change!
    Someone I know is actually on boards. Emer is joining now but I email her enough to render that pretty useless from my point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I think I was on your table on the quiz. I kept running between tables but Helen eventually caught me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Ruth!
    Tis Emma. You were such a great roomie! :D Despite being in a different RA Group. How are ya??

Emma! How are you? All is marvellous with me. What session are you doing this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Uck, fear not, this place will pick up once the sessions starts agin. This time of year you'll only find hardcore/loser nerds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Uck, fear not, this place will pick up once the sessions starts agin. This time of year you'll only find hardcore/loser nerds :P

*ahem* Eh, thankies! Lol...'T is Gráinne, non?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cranberrymidget

har har har, ye will never guess my true identity...but I'll have you know that a meal without cheese is like a beautiful woman with only one eye....shut up Lorcan! yaar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Thanks for that... Well, two years since I last attended CTYI and I'm still lurking around, so fair point I guess! :)

Hang on, aren't most CTYIzens sad nerds when we face up to it?

Right, so this year I did Philosophy and I was in Roisin's RA Group but I was a Commuter which sucked slightly. Of course I didn't actually do much of the whole leaving-at-night thing, as Ronan and Caitríona would attest, and definitely not much of that going-to-commuter-meetings business, and I didn't do as much coming-in-in-the-morning as I might have either, but still, it's the principle of the thing.

• Advertisement

And feck you, Cranberrymidget, no, you're right I'll _never_ guess.....could be Lorcan bluffing, could be Liath or Katerina or Kevin or Gráinne or Ruth, or maybe one of those quiet fellas like Éanna or Hugo or Andrew or Declan or Billy, or Aislinn, actually, could well be Aislinn, or it'd be gas if it was actually Fiachra or Grace though somehow I doubt it, could I suppose be Amy or Jessica or Estelle, Cormac or James though I don't think so, don't reckon Anna either, though it could be Diarmuid....AAAAAAAAAARGH THAT'S BULLYING IT'S NOT FAIR! *throws tantrum*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Ah students I remember. And andrea...creepy. Tis Neil (RA) from last year.

Of course Neil must remember me? What with all the trouble he got me in.

Aw mad. Neil the RA? And what students does he refer to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

carlowboy wrote:
    Of course Neil must remember me? What with all the trouble he got me in.
    Course I remember you :D and she was only messing with yee :)

Ah no, I think I missed you when you visited? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mmmpie

YAAAAAAAAAAY RUTHIE;) !!
    I finally joined!!bet you cant guess who....
    ill give ya a hint..i was in drama with you last year and philosophy with you this year and im from the best place in the world!!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TheHatGirl

Hello, people!! *waves at "Thursday"* Finally, CTYI boards and I may have stopped fighting...

So, Carlowboy, where in Carlow? And *whispers* why are you proud of it? Let's face facts here...

*doffs hat*

Wooooooo!

Hi peoples!

Mmmpie...hmmm...I wonder.... I thought Georgia at first due to email address! But that didn't work anyway so it was probably fake! Hi! Good to see you on boards!

TheHatGirl - you worked out how to post! And your font is different to everyone else's...this must make you a superior being....

And I have already pointed out to Carlowboy that there seems to be a disproportionate number of Carlow people (I refuse to say that word, Emer, that you definitely made up) in CTYI. Could they be smarter down there or something? I really doubt it...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

Ruth! *big hug* This is Eimear of Kleenex! Mwee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Madeleine

Thursday* wrote:
    Hang on, aren't most CTYIzens sad nerds when we face up to it?

Right, so this year I did Philosophy and I was in Roisin's RA Group but I was a Commuter which sucked slightly. Of course I didn't actually do much of the whole leaving-at-night thing, as Ronan and Caitríona would attest, and definitely not much of that going-to-commuter-meetings business, and I didn't do as much coming-in-in-the-morning as I might have either, but still, it's the principle of the thing.

You were on Roisin's RA group..?

Oh look! More people!

Greetings, Eimear! Good to see you on boards! Funny how you say Kleenex - in your absence people generally say, 'spotty hat', or, sometimes, 'bright clothes'. Anyway, you stick in people's memories, clearly! Pity you don't get your own name......all three of you have to share. Plus the RA and the one we don't know but we don't care about them. Anyway, yes, hi! *hugs*

And Madeleine, yes, I was in Roisín's group. (For extra information - so were TheHatGirl and Mmmpie who have posted on this thread before. Also one EdgeOf17 who posted on boards about a million years ago.) She's great! We got her a necklace and she likes us. Why, were you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Madeleine

Yeah, I'm presuming you're in Sess 1 then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mmmpie

he he he a session twoer with roisin!!its kinda hard to imagine anyoune else but us with her!!!did she show ye the lovely necklace we got her,i presume shed eaten the chocolate bunny by the time ye arrived!!

Oh, look, it's my Introductions thread!

I'm writing on boards tonight. It's like dancing on your own...

Anyway, just to do a thing properly and finish it, the complete history is:

Drama S1 05
    Philosophy S1 06 (com.)
    Writing for Life S1 07
    Psychology S1 08.

Advertisement