Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SuicideGirls Photoshoot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Bah. Mine'd be first except I checked out the link.

Ryan coulda been getting derty naked men for all he knew :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Might be the most visited thread todate.

I offer my services purely to help in the interest of art & the creation of beautiful pictures (I know, I'll get my coat! :D )

Either way, good luck with it and cant wait to see some of the shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Kind of drifted a bit off topic.
    @ OP Candle light is a disaster to shoot, sure it's lovely soft light and all but it can be a balls to work with as FinoBlad said.
    You probably know that increased ISO = increased noise/grain.
    Firstly, Are you after a grainy end affect?
    Secondly, will you be shooting in a dedicated studio are are you improvising something in a living room/bedroom?
    Thirdly, I know you are keen on candle light but do you want candles to be the only source of light or are you willing just to have plenty of candles in shot while having another stronger light source as main lighting?
    As long as the original lighting is soft enough the orange cast that candles leave can be added in later at the PP or enlarger stage.
    If you're keen on a Halloween theme have you considered doing one or two pics outdoors to get yourself and the next full moon in (or just 'shop it in)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Fajitas! wrote:
    Ryan coulda been getting derty naked men for all he knew :p

Sometimes, just sometimes.. the risk can be justified. Ever played the Corrs game in the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Roen wrote:
    Kind of drifted a bit off topic.
    @ OP Candle light is a disaster to shoot, sure it's lovely soft light and all but it can be a balls to work with as FinoBlad said.
    You probably know that increased ISO = increased noise/grain.
    Firstly, Are you after a grainy end affect?
    Secondly, will you be shooting in a dedicated studio are are you improvising something in a living room/bedroom?
    Thirdly, I know you are keen on candle light but do you want candles to be the only source of light or are you willing just to have plenty of candles in shot while having another stronger light source as main lighting?
    As long as the original lighting is soft enough the orange cast that candles leave can be added in later at the PP or enlarger stage.
    If you're keen on a Halloween theme have you considered doing one or two pics outdoors to get yourself and the next full moon in (or just 'shop it in)?

You seem to know yer stuff! Are you free by any chance on the 24th? Im not so sure about lighting. Im not a photographer, yet! It'd be lovely to have you onsite to help with the shoot. Id really appreciate it!It's in my mates flat cos I cant afford studio work!

As for the haloween set Im not sure waht we''re doin. I was thinkin bonfire. But that'd be hard to keep hidden.... :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Do you have an SLR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just out of interest, how many times has your pm inbox filled since you started this thread?:p

You seem to know yer stuff! Are you free by any chance on the 24th? Im not so sure about lighting. Im not a photographer, yet! It'd be lovely to have you onsite to help with the shoot. Id really appreciate it!It's in my mates flat cos I cant afford studio work!

As for the haloween set Im not sure waht we''re doin. I was thinkin bonfire. But that'd be hard to keep hidden.... :S
    Heheh, my cunning plan bears fruit ;)
    Nah seriously though that type of thing isn't my bag. I did it once as a favour and I'll leave it at that. There are a lot of snappers here that do people a lot better than I could. I used up all my imagination in college. Now I just like taking 'whats there'
    All I did was analyse it a small bit and thought of the logistics....it's not getting any warmer at night either by the way!
    Best o luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

you'll need one fast lens to get decent shots in candlelight... are you shooting digital or going for medium format?

Halloween shoot sounds like a bit of craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

You'd do well to get enough candles to properly light a subject at a usable ISO... i.e it'd be way too dark. Some flash will be needed. If done in the right way it won't dilute the effect of the candles. That warm feeling can be added very easily in Photoshop or by adjusting white balance when processing the RAW files. Working in a studio is preferable but not exactly essential. An SLR camera would be pretty handy with a wireless flash. It basically means the light isn't coming from the same place where the lens is. This creates very flat and uninteresting lighting. I used to know a Dublin based photographer who did some SG stuff but he definitely doesn't work for free. His work is excellent thought so work thinking about in the future though. Best of luck with the shoot anyway, I used to be a member of SG until I had to cut my Visa card up. :(

• Advertisement

Awwww no way! SG is the best ever!!! I reckon I'm rightly screwed lighting wise, but thanks for everyone's advice! I've even booked a new photographer for the shoot in September. Just incase this one doesn't work out as well as I'm hoping. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

The simple way to get around the lighting problem would be to go outdoors and use natural light. Way nicer than flash too. Problem is finding somewhere that's fairly private though! Suppose you can try all these things over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Burago wrote:
    The simple way to get around the lighting problem would be to go outdoors and use natural light. Way nicer than flash too. Problem is finding somewhere that's fairly private though! Suppose you can try all these things over time.

The halloween theme could be done in a church yard somewhere. You could create some pretty amazing effects.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

You should check out the Hill of Tara for a few shots, beautiful background and very empty at night, also church and graveyard there too. I would say it would be perfect at night for the Halloween theme... :)

I do live quite nearby tara. That's an excellent idea. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

u all set for the big first shoot?
    Hope it goes well 4 ya

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

yeah hope it works out for ya, ..... just getting into photography myself.

so are we going to get to see how thses pics come out??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Mememememe!!!

Canon 3 rangefinder with a f/0.95 50mm is all I need.
    I think Im the only one with the right gear :)

I will also need some ahem, test pics first tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

:eek: I want a lens with f/0.95!

• Advertisement

Id prefer a f/1.0 Nocti http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/noctilux.shtml

But the canon will do me for the moment.

Load her up with some velvia methinks.

You got your SuicidePants yet girl?

Mememememe!!!

Canon 3 rangefinder with a f/0.95 50mm is all I need.
    I think Im the only one with the right gear :)

I will also need some ahem, test pics first tho :)

Was wondering when you'd appear ;)

Roen wrote:
    Was wondering when you'd appear ;)

Just a matter of time :)

No internet got in my way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jyanich

Hey guys!

I'm shooting my first Suicide Girls set on thursday and I need some advice on lighting.

basically it's a candlit set. I.e LOTS AND LOTS of candles. I'm wonderin do ya think I'll need extra lighting?

Secondly, I'll prob be lookin for a photographer to shoot my next set soon. You'll not get paid for it but I will let you have some of the pix for a portfolio. It's a BIG thing to say you've shot an SG shoot! If the set gets accepted I'll throw ya some cash to say thanks. PLUS ya get to see me naked! ;)

hahaha!

Need some examples of what SG's are?

Click here
    Or...
    Check out my Myspace!

Thanks boys and girls!
    xxx

Hey I am a photographer - will be in ireland in November - would love to work with you

My God, they're even coming from the States to photograph you Fantasy_Suicide, word travels fast!

I do live quite nearby tara. That's an excellent idea. Thanks!

Maybe do a couple of intro shots at Tara with some candles and then continue the shoot into the friends house, could look really nice if done well.

So an bhfuil muid suas leis an shoot le teardrops sa background,
    Cheapam teddys agus na cadles ar fud na haite :)

Yeah Im a cheesy ****er :)

I love irish! The shoot went ok. Gonna have the pics shopped today, cos it was a real amaturly done set. Don't think it'll be good enough tho. I am doing a shoot (Not for SG) in Dublin Studios on saturday with proper equip and stuff, so it'll be interesting to see how that works...

I had a bit of a test shoot with Gerard kenny and he managed to shoot this wonderful picture of me..... NailFilePose1.jpg

• Advertisement

Bleedin Gorgeous!

Advertisement