Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airsoft GAS guns

• 18-08-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

im thinking of buying a gas airsoft gun, but i want to know how to work them and if you can buy the gas here in ireland or do you have to order it over the net? Help appreciated. Also would like help with what gun to buy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

ok some gas guns work differently

1:CO2 these have a place in the magazine for you to place a capsule which can be bought in bicycle shops, they sell them for tyre inflators.

2:refillable these have a resevoir in the gun and are filled from litre bottles. as far as i know these can't be bought in ireland but as airsoft grows they should pop up. if you buy one of these buy a few bottles and maybe by the time they are gone you will be able to buy them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

whupass wrote:
    2:refillable these have a resevoir in the gun and are filled from litre bottles...
    Hmmmm...
    Can they be refilled from fullsize commercial gas bottles, does anyone know?

/Rovi looks at BOC CO2 bottle in corner of workshop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

whupass wrote:
    1:CO2 these have a place in the magazine for you to place a capsule which can be bought in bicycle shops, they sell them for tyre inflators.
    Last time i looked at these in a bicycle shop, they were €2-3 each, i buy them online for about €1 each, and even at that, im sure if i shopped around id find them cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

yea i guess i just thought you didn't want to buy off the interweb every time you needed one.

rovi i'm preety sure that won't work, you can use it in paintball though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bniall

Rovi wrote:
    Hmmmm...
    Can they be refilled from fullsize commercial gas bottles, does anyone know?

/Rovi looks at BOC CO2 bottle in corner of workshop

no they cant although you can get pistols that use little 1 use CO2 canisters.
    although the P3 minigun can use refillable canisters

Hint when using a gas gun no matter what type always leave a bit of gas left in the magazine or gun so that the seals do not dry out and leak the next time you use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 pnlob

moneyman wrote: »
    im thinking of buying a gas airsoft gun, but i want to know how to work them and if you can buy the gas here in ireland or do you have to order it over the net? Help appreciated. Also would like help with what gun to buy.

this is my we gbb scar this gun has had several modifications starting with the npas kit the open bolt kit and the stinger hop up these have all been installed and all of the original parts kept in a box. this gun was bought for 275 euro and altogether i have spent near 800 on it !! i have four mags a mock silencer and a fore grip that will be all sold with it along with the box of parts i am looking for 450 with everything included i am happy to answer any enquirers and offers so please let me know if you are interested this gun will put a smile on your face i am moving to Australia and need money i am also willing to drop it off with whoever wants the package inside of Ireland more pics coming soon !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

pnlob wrote: »
    this is my we gbb scar this gun has had several modifications starting with the npas kit the open bolt kit and the stinger hop up these have all been installed and all of the original parts kept in a box. this gun was bought for 275 euro and altogether i have spent near 800 on it !! i have four mags a mock silencer and a fore grip that will be all sold with it along with the box of parts i am looking for 450 with everything included i am happy to answer any enquirers and offers so please let me know if you are interested this gun will put a smile on your face i am moving to Australia and need money i am also willing to drop it off with whoever wants the package inside of Ireland more pics coming soon !!

This is a wild guess but I think, seeing as he wanted a gas gun 6 years ago, he won't be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

thread-necro.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

necro thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement