Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dollymount House going up for sale in clontarf

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Who's Dickie Rock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

DUBGUY73 wrote:
    I also heard there were a few publicans interested in it but it was eventually bought by a developer.....

Well I heard from a family member who is losing their job that they were told by the owner that only developers made offers.

How old do you need to be to have no knowledge of Dickie Rock? I remember him becasue of my parents not from seeing him. Ronan Keating of his day in fact one of his sons was in the original Boyzone I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

I heard if went for €13.2 million:eek:

Found this here

25 June 2006 By Neil Callanan
    John Ryan of CBRE has confirmed that Dollymount House in Clontarf in Dublin 3 has been sold. Industry rumours suggest the property made well over €12 million and was bought by a prominent northside developer.

However, local rumours that Gerry Gannon was the purchaser are understood to be incorrect. Ryan would not be drawn on the identity of the purchaser or the price paid. Dollymount House had a guide price of €10million.

The pub is likely to be redeveloped because of its location and panoramic views of Dublin Bay and Bull Island. Apartments on the site would attract premium prices. The property was sold by Leo and Marie Fitzgerald who had owned it for the last 18 years.

The pub has nearly 1,040 square metres of accommodation including a ground floor public bar, lounge bar, catering kitchen, smoking area and stores. There is a lounge bar on the first floor and outside there is extensive car parking.

The property totals 0.95 of an acre and has frontage to both Clontarf Road and to Dollymount Park. The property is zoned Z3 under the Dublin City Development Plan 2005/2011 ‘‘to provide for and improve neighbourhood facilities’’.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DUBGUY73

Well I heard from a family member who is losing their job that they were told by the owner that only developers made offers.

How old do you need to be to have no knowledge of Dickie Rock? I remember him becasue of my parents not from seeing him. Ronan Keating of his day in fact one of his sons was in the original Boyzone I think

WHO'S YOUR FAMILY MEMBER? LOL

branners69 wrote:

Found this here

John Ryan of CBRE has confirmed that Dollymount House in Clontarf in Dublin 3 has been sold. Industry rumours suggest the property made well over €12 million and was bought by a prominent northside developer.

However, local rumours that Gerry Gannon was the purchaser are understood to be incorrect. Ryan would not be drawn on the identity of the purchaser or the price paid. Dollymount House had a guide price of €10million.

The pub is likely to be redeveloped because of its location and panoramic views of Dublin Bay and Bull Island. Apartments on the site would attract premium prices. The property was sold by Leo and Marie Fitzgerald who had owned it for the last 18 years.

The pub has nearly 1,040 square metres of accommodation including a ground floor public bar, lounge bar, catering kitchen, smoking area and stores. There is a lounge bar on the first floor and outside there is extensive car parking.

The property totals 0.95 of an acre and has frontage to both Clontarf Road and to Dollymount Park. The property is zoned Z3 under the Dublin City Development Plan 2005/2011 ‘‘to provide for and improve neighbourhood facilities’’.

SOMEONE HAS BEEN READING THE PAPERS LOL

• Advertisement

I WAS ALSO TOLD BY THE OWNER THERE WAS ONE BIG PUBLICAN WHO MADE A SERIOUS BID AND CAME CLOSE BUT WAS JUST OUTBID IN THE END.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

DubGuy,Caps of please it can be hard to read especially after a long day.

Any news on when the DH is to close...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Contents of Dollymount House will be auctioned on site on Tuesday 25th July by Herman & Wilkinson auctioneers. Lots of nautical memorabilia for anyone thats interested in that kinda crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Is there anyone from Clontarf/Raheny that hasn't worked there at some stage ?
    Talk of Leo & Marie retiring from the trade seem a bit premature though...they still have the Elphin in bayside, Fitzgeralds off O'Connell bridge (used to be called the Daniel O'Connell), and a half share in some other pub off abbey st with leo's brother.

I hear there's viewing today for the contents, might wander down to have a look.

You hear wrong!! Hehe
    branners69 wrote:

Found this here

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote:
    DubGuy,Caps of please it can be hard to read especially after a long day.

Any news on when the DH is to close...?

Sorry! The DH closed its doors for business on Friday July 21st. The last night was the Barbeque with Dickie Rock in aid of St. Gabriel's Church Jubilee Fund. They had a party for the staff and the regulars the following night.

Is there anyone from Clontarf/Raheny that hasn't worked there at some stage ?
    Talk of Leo & Marie retiring from the trade seem a bit premature though...they still have the Elphin in bayside, Fitzgeralds off O'Connell bridge (used to be called the Daniel O'Connell), and a half share in some other pub off abbey st with leo's brother.

I hear there's viewing today for the contents, might wander down to have a look.

Well they do have two sons and a daughter. Maybe they are retiring and passing on the business on to their kids. They have a half share in some other pub off abbey street with Leo's brother?? Since when?? Who makes up these rumours???

Advertisement