Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New project...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Sexy stuff rosco. I'm getting rid of a lot of WC gear. I may donate a few bits to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

WizZard wrote:
    Sexy stuff rosco. I'm getting rid of a lot of WC gear. I may donate a few bits to you :)

wellcome back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

:eek: Please, please change the ply. Being a chippie myself it turns me off to see such a beautiful piece of equipment ruined by a 1 euro piece of plywood. Pick up a piece of oak, cherry or ash etc. Not that expensive and finishes much better than ply. Send us a template n i'll prepare somethin for ya m8.

Well done on everythin else tho. Lookin deadly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

PogMoThoin wrote:
    :eek: Please, please change the ply. Being a chippie myself it turns me off to see such a beautiful piece of equipment ruined by a 1 euro piece of plywood. Pick up a piece of oak, cherry or ash etc. Not that expensive and finishes much better than ply. Send us a template n i'll prepare somethin for ya m8.

I'll take u up on that offer.. will pm u over the weekend, cheers..

No probs, but make it snappy. I got conroe comin......gonna be busy. :D

• Advertisement

All my WC gear arrived today from alphacool so got to work doing a quick install for leak testing.. so far so good, perfect seal all round... Still, i have my doubts as to weather my mobo is gonna fit as the barbs from the rad n HD cooler will sit very close to it..

Anyways, here's some pics..

dsc02288mediumva8.jpg

dsc02291mediumul8.jpg

dsc02293mediumkp1.jpg

dsc02298mediumph2.jpg

Id write something but its too hot, im tired and i've spent 4 solid hours working on this...

dsc02310mediumoi0.jpg

lookin very good. :D your pics gettin me excited. cant wait 2 get started on my build. All parts ere now. just waitin on conroe. :p

PogMoThoin wrote:

Can u still do this?? Im in no rush for it, i just have a new idea ;);)

Ya, pm sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just realised all the w/c gear you sold to me was for this project. So what are you going to do with it now? It would be a shame to see all the work on this come to nothing :(

Well its back... n so am i.. Got around to getting a new Bench Polisher. Shelled out a few bob n got a decent one, well worth it as it makes the polishing allot easier. Even if i have been doing it since 4... Anyways, its nearly done. Just need to clean the door and give it a final go with the fine mop n then its of with the sidepanels so get pimped ;-)

Forgive the dodge pics, have to use the folks camera.. Finish is much better than it looks, will be even better when im fin..
    1001504mediumoq7.jpg

1001505mediumzy8.jpg

1001506mediumyr9.jpg

Before:
    1yh0.jpg

hmm shiny :D

got must take some wrk to get it that shiny..how man hrs have u put into this project m8..

cmon stick it to gether and then we will see a super shiny rig :D

Id say there's about 6-8 hrs gone into the door alone... Just need to sort out the side panels n get the windows cut then they're off to get powder coated. While thats doing i'm gonna give the case internals a couple more coats of paint n then try n find some money to buy gear to put in the thing :-/

god the case will worth more then the internals when its done :)

Well been busy working on the sidepanels n door...

1001512mediumlt7.jpg

1001515mediumnm4.jpg

Pics are crap... Need money to get me a new camera. Really pleased with how the door came out. Looks much better in the flesh.. Will try n get some decent pics of it ltr.... Anyways, back to the shed i go...

though u were a photographer by hobbie.

well its looking nice ,black was allways my fav colour

Was but had to sell my camera do to illness.... the joys of life

Few better pics of the door an a pic of what the side panel shoul look like(without the finger prints!!)

1001528mediumhj2.jpg

1001526mediumze7.jpg

1001517mediumrc9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Door looks amazing....as does that side panel. So when we going to see some kind of finished product?

• Advertisement

Next year..... (aint that far away..)

Well... Zero work done but some decent pics at last.. been fairly sick the last while, hope to get some work done on it this week..

dsc03784mediumpo0.jpg

dsc03781mediumsr1.jpg

dsc03782mediumzq9.jpg

dsc03783mediumuk3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Looking sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

where'd you get the tubing for the window holes? i've been looking for that stuff but can't seem to find it anywhere, is it that H shaped tubing? Its looking sw33t all the same

Alphacool n kustompcs.. It aint H shaped tho... Wizzard got some H shape stuff from the states but its bloody huge... Think kustmopcs might do it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

sweet case dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

When i grow UP i want to be just like u Ross .Dam that is one sweet set-up you got there .The best ive seen in Ireland to date .SH1T HOT . Congrat man

whats the story with this ?

Not much.... I moved out of my folks place so have no space to work, got quite ill as I was nearly finished it and didn't touch it for 6 months. I still have the case and that in storage. When I eventually get my own place(renting at the mo) I plan to get stuck into it and get it finished. Would like to have it as a HTPC, so its on show. If nothing else it will go down as possibly the slowest mod in history....

• Advertisement

shame to see it sitting there....cant wait to see it done and also great job so far man.

Advertisement