Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wexford Nightclubs

Options
  • 21-06-2006 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Whats is the best club in Wexford?

I was upstairs at the Stores in Wexford Town last saturday night - The best night i had out in years....Phooking great spot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Ah the stores...Scumbags.....
    Colony...scumbags....
    Chocolate and Renaisance (are technically the same thing, chocolate is the bar, Renaisance is the club upstairs) are good enough....
    Dakota...young scumbags....

So from my experince at having gone to these places more than twice, i like chocolate and Renaisance best. Tho opinions are different for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bunclody

Well your welcome to your opinion but thats far from the experience I had in the Stores . Maybe i just hit on the Stores on a good night ...Having said that a friend of mine at work who goes there every weekend just told me that its always great in the Stores . There is a great choice in music and atmosphere between the upstairs and downstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I think the Stores is fantastic, its a great spot. Thursday nights in there are so good, great music and a great mix of people. Its definitely the best night club in Wexford. In saying that, it doesn't have much competition in fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

The Stores is a good spot, but Jumpin Jacks in Gorey is also good. Does anyone go to the O2 music venue yet?

Any idea who DJ's in the stores ...?..Names ? Contact Numbers...Im looking for a good DJ for a wedding..Do you think some of the guys who work there would do a wedding ?..How much would they cost for a night?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 fatladysang

Hi ,

Thanks for all your positive feedback on the Stores . Just a quick note to say that I DJ there and personaly I don't do weddings or anything else outside the Stores. Having said that, maybe some of the other DJ's do ? I'm not sure.You can always contact Andy or Liam at the Stores for DJ contact details.

Thanx again for making it Wexfords best Nightclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

What night do you DJ fatladysang?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Only know a few places in Wexford, been in the Stores a few times and thought it was a good aul spot.It seems to be the 'in place' there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Yeah its good alright but its only good compared to the other two nightclubs so its not saying much!

Misswex - I work upstairs in the club friday and saturday.

As for the comments about it "only good compared to the other two nightclubs "

Thats bull****.

The Stores would stand up against any club in any town or city not just because of the music but more because of the way its run.Anyone that goes there knows its a tight ship with no messers allowed. The managment encourage quality customers more then quanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I was just givin my opinon dats all! but you are right the "scumbag"element tend to stay away from the stores thank god, the 80's music in there is brillant and very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Are there any left field , non chart/rnb clubs in Wexford?
    What are the music policies of the various clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The managment encourage quality customers more then quanity.

I'm sorry, FLS, but that's bull****. Just last Saturday I had to get out because of the crush. Any time I'm there it's too crowded and I'm not the only one who says that.

Oh, and a new club, Sinatra's (:rolleyes:) is opening next month in the former Mooney's. Will have to check that out.

jd wrote:
    Are there any left field , non chart/rnb clubs in Wexford?
    Is that a no, then??
    jd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SexyWexy

Sorry but they pack the stores with people, was in there last Friday night and couldnt move! Apparently the sound system in there is one of the best in the country! Its just too PACKED all the time!

JD, sorry but there are no RnB clubs in Wexford! Best place to go would probably be colony - they play the biggest range and it is mostly new stuff whereas stores play more 80's, 90's and chart!

Gone be the days when the stores was a few sheets of chipboard in the middle of a building site with a few plants and patio heaters thrown in for good measure!!!!!!!! Still though, it was better craic back then!!:D

Meant to ask, anyone know if Sinatras is opening this weekend??? Havent been into that Cargo place next door yet but heard its crap!

Sinatras is going to be over 23's only - Sounds good to me!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

The Stores is a good spot, but Jumpin Jacks in Gorey is also good. Does anyone go to the O2 music venue yet?

only when I am really drunk gorey has gone down hill for nights out, by far and away Carlow is the best town to go out in

SexyWexy wrote:
    Sorry but they pack the stores with people, was in there last Friday night and couldnt move! Apparently the sound system in there is one of the best in the country! Its just too PACKED all the time!

JD, sorry but there are no RnB clubs in Wexford! Best place to go would probably be colony - they play the biggest range and it is mostly new stuff whereas stores play more 80's, 90's and chart!

Gone be the days when the stores was a few sheets of chipboard in the middle of a building site with a few plants and patio heaters thrown in for good measure!!!!!!!! Still though, it was better craic back then!!:D
    I meant not r n b, I kinda like stuff more leftfield rather than chart

Hi JD,

Sorry!!! No there are not any clubs in Wexford Im afraid!

Myself, I am more into House music - Unfortunately Wexford is a Hard house town which would really piss you off!!! We go to Waterford a lot for that reason!

All the clubs in town play Chartsy stuff Im afraid, Colony sometimes get some big names in, Lisa Lashes (more HH Crap), Fran Cosgrave (Too Commercial) and the likes of that! Not my cup of tea at all!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Ahh just go to the sky and the ground instead. :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Ive done my stint in the stores before it got the revamp! And yes they do pack them in!! Whats Dakota like these days? I worked there in the beginning. Is looby still there?

I'm going to the Dakota this weekend. Had a great time there last week.Ended up in the Stores.I don't know what the name of the Djs are there. Whats the Stores like to DJ in Preset ? Do you still work there ?What music do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Hi Preset, long time no speaky. You at Q now I believe? Dakota is the dog's for a few pints and craic, good bands (Neville Staple (ex Specials) Band in a week) and good staff. Who's Looby?

Sinatra's opened on the 3rd, SW, and the only report I've heard so far is that there were around twenty there last Thursday night, but that the gaff itself is nice.

Hi Daragh and Paul ..I'm in the Stores only and not Dakota anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I found this on a Google search

I went to 'Stores' in Wexford last Friday.

It was horrible.

Is there anywhere I would consider good in Wexford?
    I mean, in Dublin I spend most time in Whelans, Thomas Reeds,The Village.. places like that..

Is there anywhere you think I'd like in Wex?

Advertisement