Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Mayo Clean?

• 08-06-2006 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, first off, I'm a Dub. Trying to get out of the place because it's pretty grimy filthy and... well, ugh.

So have friends in Westport telling me it's a nice clean lively place. Won tidy town 2004 apparently, congrats! Well, it seems to ahve been a very fast descent on a very slippery slope for the South Clew Bay area since.

Sorry lads and ladies, but it's true. I'm a Dub and I'm calling the area dirty. It's that bad. The evidence is posted below.

What kind of selfish pathetic people trash their blue flag beaches? Do Mayo people really love Mayo or is it a facade? In the space of two hours, I found broken glass twice, a used barbecue grill and witnessed a bunch of locals rounding up their beer bottles and beer cans into one little space and - I'm not kidding - walked away from it.

Please take a look at the pics before you reply...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Did you just take a photograph, or did you help to clean up the mess?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And where is one supposed to clean up the mess too....? Had enough to carry being with four kids, thank you very much, and the failed find any litter bins anywhere in the area....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

It was just a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

I brought my litter home :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

that problem goes far beyond mayo !

• Advertisement
Advertisement