Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathdowney Designer Outlet

• 30-05-2006 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭

What do people think of this place?I remember when it opened 3 or 4 years ago it was supposed to become the new shopping hub around the s midlands and run KK and the rest out of business!.
    Was over there the other day abd now I see one of the better and more upmarket stores Suits You is closing down.Somehow I don't think it has been a success overall; this isn't the first shop to leave it either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its location isn't doing it any favours I think. I guess land is cheaper in the middle of nowhere! i'd say they would have had far more success if they built it in Portlaoise or some other similar sized town.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Stephen wrote:
    Its location isn't doing it any favours I think. I guess land is cheaper in the middle of nowhere! i'd say they would have had far more success if they built it in Portlaoise or some other similar sized town.

Yea I agree, its a good location on paper but in reality the middle of nowhere!
    It never attracted the best kind of stores really; i mean that music store (closed now thank god), was like somthing from the car boot sale!
    I was in a similar outlet in Chester (UK) and there was no comparison, it was brilliant- everything rathdowney isn't unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

what has this got to do with a kilkenny forum ?

I dunno, but its not terribly far away.

what has this got to do with a kilkenny forum ?
    Its like two miles over the border so who cares really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I bought a suit in Suits you, it was rather cheap....

John

Ooooh, suits you, sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am from the Rathdowney area and personally I think it is over priced and not in keeping with the area. I rarely go there for anything except maybe a mobile from car phone warehouse. I don't think the locals have the dosh to spend there imho.

The dunnes stores that has opened beside it is a godsend, no more need to hand over money to the local super valu cartel. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

mfitzy wrote:
    Its like two miles over the border so who cares really?

Waterford is a footstep over the border, so what exactly has it to do with a Kilkenny forum ?

Waterford is a footstep over the border, so what exactly has it to do with a Kilkenny forum ?

Ok, well firstly half the people shopping in the place are from KK.
    If it bothers you that much feel free to move the topic to the Laois forum, I don't particularly care. Waterford seems to come up in this forum more times than anywhere else close by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i'll move it to the South East board, then everyone will be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cii

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I am from the Rathdowney area and personally I think it is over priced and not in keeping with the area. I rarely go there for anything except maybe a mobile from car phone warehouse. I don't think the locals have the dosh to spend there imho.

The dunnes stores that has opened beside it is a godsend, no more need to hand over money to the local super valu cartel. :)

I'm from rathdowney, it's not that the stuff is overpriced its just crap!..there isn't one good clothes shop at all honestly..it's managed terribly and is missing all the fundamentals of a good shopping centre i.e. a chemist, newsagents, restaurant. At the moment there is The Jean Scene, a nuts shop, a mountain climbin shop (that doesn't sell tents), a bag shop, reebok and a kitchen utensils shop. which are all crap may i add!..

It should be shut down and the space used for something else that the town needs like a community centre!

Don't bother coming.

10cm2r7.jpg

Kind of amazed this place is still open tbh.

The number of empty shops is crazy.

Advertisement