Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

older person looking for advice for internet/landline package

Options
  • 02-05-2006 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I do not have broadband in my area (Mayo) and use the internet approx 30 hours per month I am with utv at the moment, internet €9.99 per month(30 hours anytime) landline same as eircom, I do not take advantage of free landline calls with them as all my calls are made during the day. Is there a package that would suit me better than the one I have? I do not understand wireless or anything too high tech.
    thanks

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Where in Mayo, as a matter of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cappamj

balla area

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I'm nearly sure Balla has broadband.

Balla has wireless broadband. No DSL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Are you sure? Most towns in Mayo has BB. Ballina, Westport, Castlebar, Belmullet, Crossmolina...actually no im not gonna keep naming them all I don't really care if Balla had or not.

BTW, if the wireless BB your talkin about in Balla is Westnet, then HAH!

Skyuser wrote:
    Are you sure? Most towns in Mayo has BB. Ballina, Westport, Castlebar, Belmullet, Crossmolina...actually no im not gonna keep naming them all I don't really care if Balla had or not.
    ...and yet, you posted to this thread that you were "nearly sure" it did. Funny that.
    Skyuser wrote:
    BTW, if the wireless BB your talkin about in Balla is Westnet, then HAH!
    What a witty and clever point. Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

What's the story on Westnet then?

I don't want to start pimping here - if you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me, or mail paul at westnet dot ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Go To http://www.getbroadband.ie . It will give you a list of all your options

• Advertisement

No, it won't.

Advertisement