Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

satanism

• 27-04-2006 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭solidgear

Is satanism alive & well in Ireland? How does one find out about it here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have never meet a statanist or anyone professioning to be one ever.
    I have meet people who gain an dintrest and go and read up on it but at is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭solidgear

Thank you for your reply Thaedydal.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

If you were to meet an actual Satanist I doubt that they are the types to sit down and discuss it with you over a nice cup of tea? This is not tiddly winks, anyone who actually believes in this and follows it as a 'spiritual' path is obviously a dangerous person and hence I would advise you not to play with fire. There are plenty of interesting books available from amazon on the subject, a somewhat safer if not so exciting option.

http://www.electricpublications.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I am a Satanist and I am not ashamed to admit it. There is nothing evil about satanism and most of what people conceive it to be, is pure Hollywood fiction. I would be a follower of the Luciferian traditions of satanism, the other "brand" being the teachings of Anton LaVey, a man who I personally detest for downgrading true satanism to nothing more than a fad for angst ridden teenagers...

The Satanist culture in Ireland is relatively small, with Luciferian followers being somewhere in the region of around 400. We do not drink blood, we do not sacrifice animals (this is done simply by mentally unstable people tagging their hatred for such innocence on our religion). If any of you wish to know more, please feel free to ask me... Open minds with the right information are better than closed minds with the wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What would be your main beliefs, in a nutshell, DarkJager? I mean, do you believe in the Bible? Lucifer was an angel who got kicked out of heaven, etc? Do you pray? To who, Lucifer?

(try not to link me to another page, I could search but I'd prefer if you could explain your own beliefs)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Hello DaveMcG,

In response to your questions here are my answers..

- What are your main beliefs?

1. Indulgence, not abstinence.
    2. Vital existence, not spiritual pipe dreams.
    3. Undefiled wisdom, not hypocritical self-deceit.
    4. Kindness to those deserving of it, not love wasted on ingrates.
    5. Vengeance, not turning the other cheek.
    6. Responsibility to the responsible,
    7. Man as just another animal - the most vicious of all.
    8. Gratification of all ones desires.

- Do you believe in the bible?
    I believe that some stories within the bible can hold a common ground with me but for the most it is simply fairytales.

- Do you pray?
    Satanism is not about worshipping an entity. You are the entity and a god to yourself. Your destiny is decided only by what you choose it to be. So no I do not pray to anyone.

It is nice to see someone ask intelligent questions about my religion for once. Thank you.

so darkjagger, True satanists hold no regard for witches & wizards, is this true as they worship idols & elements? from what u say, true satanism is about urself as a god. What is ur take on the illuminati & Social engineering of societies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Actually I'd well believe what DarkJager has to say on Satanism.

I've heard that Satanism is not what its made out to be. It was actually the Roman Church, I believe, that initially gave the whole Satanic image to scare people. There's a very good article here on Satanism which I found rather interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

Don't Hollywood hype up everything?

thanks uu.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

Darkjager is not a 'Satanist' in the traditional sense (neither are followers of Levay). I'd consider both classes as a misnomer as neither involve worship or belief in Satan, Asmodai, Beelzebub, Lucifer, Mephistopheles etc or any other dark gods/powers or use of grimoires or black magic in the traditional sense. Maybe the old satanism has died out or perhaps is kept completely secret if it does still exist?

http://www.electricpublications.com

• Advertisement

one thinks kept completely secret & hidden. Painted over by social engineering of mass media,(Bilderberg group) etc. Look at the "Order of skull n bones"(yale uni)/ "the group"(oxford uni) these members are running countries/defence policies/ united nations, etc whilst of partaking in the "occult Cremation of Care ceremony". How real an impact is this type of religion effecting our lifes daily?

solidgear this forum is for disscusion spirituaitly amd the aspects of it,
    disscusions about such influences are better suited to the conspirscy theroy forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

DarkJager wrote:
    Hello DaveMcG,

In response to your questions here are my answers..

I believe that some stories within the bible can hold a common ground with me but for the most it is simply fairytales.

- Do you pray?
    Satanism is not about worshipping an entity. You are the entity and a god to yourself. Your destiny is decided only by what you choose it to be. So no I do not pray to anyone.

It is nice to see someone ask intelligent questions about my religion for once. Thank you.

Interesting stuff. Do you meet with like minded people at any stage. Drop me a PM sometime.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't know any true ones nor watered down ones for a better want of a word for it, above.
    However I am simply interested in it and have read about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

DarkJager wrote:

- Do you pray?

Hi DarkJager, I wud consider myself well read in varying religons/occults etc but i have to say ur comments did surprise me as I never expected it. (and i mean that comment with all respect) I do have a couple of curiousities tho:

* Do you believe in a creator and if so, with what regard to you hold him/her?
    * Is ur satanic belief related to the bible interpretation of lucifer fallen angel and the 48 other demons or wud u consider urself more a pagan than satanist?
    * what is ur opinion on Aleister Crowley?
    * how does ur religon interpret women in society/relationships?

Interesting reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I find it interesting to note that this particular belief system seems to make no mention of Satan, or of anything beyond the current obstacle of death. As such, I think "Satanism" is a somewhat misleading term, and its place in Spirituality would seem to be questionable because of its disregard for any praeternatural elements. It seems more like a brand of philosophical self-ism to me...

in fairness thaedydal, all religions impact on society,that is an aspect. i'm not going down conspiracy theories route. the worship of elements & gods anti christian affect daily life, even a person who believes in mother earth sees that. So don't go jumpin down my neck because it's been proved that a bunch of high ranking world deligates attend occult gatherings. thank you

I am not jumping down your neck, I don't jump down peoples neck I simply ban them.
    I am warning you to keep the thread in contect of the forum that it is in.

There are many gods who have nothing to do with the christian faith what so ever but there are no antichristain gods.
    The followers of other gods and other faiths may have differnt views and differing morals but that does not make them antichristian.

There are no anti christian gods? please explain, does everyone agree that all gods are of the christian nature & diety? please, thaedydal what then makes "satanism & Christianity" walk hand in hand in this great nation of Ireland?

• Advertisement

The type of Satanism you are refering to has satan aka lucifer worship in replacement of a god, lucifer was not a god by angelic scripture but an one of
    the angels cast out of heaven for ploting against the christain god.

Saying that all gods are christain is just plain silly, chirstians say they have only one god, many other faiths have thier own gods who are completly different and have no connection or context with in a christain frame work which does not make them anti christian.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

DarkJager wrote:

Uh oh...I think I might be a Satanist... :D

- Do you pray?

What then makes it Satanism? Without the context of the Bible, God and Hell, what does the word Satan mean anymore?

EDIT: Further research on Wikipedia has been most informative. Particularily LaVeyan Satanism is quite interesting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism). However, a couple things confuse me. Occasionally the article refers to "magic" and "lesser magic", but never explains these terms. Which is strange considering the philosophy seems to reject things so abstract.

"There are many gods who have nothing to do with the christian faith what so ever but there are no antichristain gods.
    The followers of other gods and other faiths may have differnt views and differing morals but that does not make them antichristian".

Well if these dieties call for behavour & worship, (which is not Christian), then surely that would make them Anti christian? No! please enlighten me as too how demon worship, & other forms of Idolitary are not anti christian. Was there a verse that said "you shall have no other Gods above me". A commandment I believe. So satanism & the worship of lucifer, elements, etc does not contraveen this comandment? MMMMMM, Please someone explain that too me.

From what i'm reading satanism is about placing oneself in a position of being a diety, is that right?

They are "anti christian" from the arrogant Christian perspective. Not from the point of view of the people who worship them, who couldn't give a flying toss what Christians think.

So, Zillah, what is your understanding of satanism,what defines it as every day normal life? if we celebrate st patricks day, then go about celebraring other satanic celebrations where does that place us? I fear all this paying for readings N stuff is no less corrupt than those tv evangelists. what do u think?

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Satanism as I understand it is very much what DarkJager described, although Satanism does seem somewhat a misnomer.

I have some interesting points; Lucifer in many traditions is seen as the morningstar, the giver of light. This means worship does not necessitate what would normally be considered evil, but that knowledge and enlightenmnet is revered, in an almost Gnostic way.

Also, for anyone who goes to Mass, notice how in one of this year's Easter Sunday readings, the risen Jesus was refered to as the morningstar? Weird, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

They are not anti-christian they are simply non-christian.
    It is not a case of if you're not with us you're against us.

They are not anti-christian they are simply non-christian.
    It is not a case of if you're not with us you're against us.

With some Christians...it is, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

so does satanism accept & promote co-existance between its form & that of say other religious beliefs which one may hold, be they christian based or not?

Advertisement