Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Last night in the Ormond" -- know where i can get a copy??

• 27-04-2006 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Got this from a friend this morning.... can anyone point me in the right direction??

Was trying to source a cd but no joy. Maybe you might have an idea where to
    look. Its a recording of the last night of the Ormond theatre with some
    brilliant sets. I had a copy of both Vol 1 and Vol 2 on tape but have long
    misplaced them. They were for sale in the dance record shop on liffey
    st(cant remember the name now). Recorded about 1995, 96. Called "Last night
    at the ormaond" or "Last night in the Ormond" Vol 1 and Vol 2.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Sorry mate can't help you, but would be interesting in a copy if you could get your hands on one, spent many's a night there. Do you know who was playing that night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I would love a copy of that nite myself,what an amazing nite that was ill never forget it,was there with the ex mot and for some reason i took 3 1/2 yokes at once :eek: and they hit me like a sledgehammer and she had to peel me off the floor but once i got going i couldn't stop dancing,from what i can remember Ken O Flanagan and DJ Orbit were playing that nite along with a few others,there was well over a thousand people locked outside,and inside was rammed,the sweat was unbearable but an amazing nite and a fitting tribute to what was one of this countrys best ever clubs,if anybody at all has any recordings from that nite please upload them,some memories alright :):)

xanthor wrote:
    . They were for sale in the dance record shop on liffey
    st(cant remember the name now).

Abbey Discs,don't think they have this anymore but it's worth another look...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Last night of the ormond, Pressure, Orbit and Ken o Flanagan.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9gitgi

Enjoy!

Deadly :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 lainypops

Nice one for this Slunk......haven't heard this in yonks.

Any chance anyone know the names of the first 2 tracks?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

pressure was da best dj dat nite da place was packed but a **** line up 4 da last nite of 1 of dublins gr8 venues had so many gr8 nites there wit some of dublins
    best djs lik ed case,warren k,etc & some exelent other djs da nite carl cox played pat okeefe ruined da place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 lainypops

DUB1 wrote:
    pressure was da best dj dat nite da place was packed but a **** line up 4 da last nite of 1 of dublins gr8 venues had so many gr8 nites there wit some of dublins
    best djs lik ed case,warren k,etc & some exelent other djs da nite carl cox played pat okeefe ruined da place

Ditto

Listening to it now,top notch,i was gonna stay in tonite but with listening to this now i wanna go out on the lash...:o :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

jonny68 wrote:
    Listening to it now,top notch,i was gonna stay in tonite but with listening to this now i wanna go out on the lash...:o :D

any chance ye could stick it up somewhere?

that link won't work for me!

EDIT: no worries she's comming down now!

• Advertisement

Fair play!!

cracking stuff, used to have it on aul tape, classic tunes, mixing is wowful tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 rexx le gaff

i have the last night tapes somwhere, the ormond shut down on the sat 14th of june 1997, and carl cox played the 13th, that fri, i dont know if anyone remembers, carl got interveiwed in the club fm studios out in blanch, and every dj that was on the station at the time was cramed in the studio

i have the last night tapes somwhere, the ormond shut down on the sat 14th of june 1997, and carl cox played the 13th, that fri, i dont know if anyone remembers, carl got interveiwed in the club fm studios out in blanch, and every dj that was on the station at the time was cramed in the studio

and why wouldn't they be!

the man is a god.

I was at that,amazing nite but whoever organised it were greedy cu*ts,the let way way too many people in that nite,i nearly passed out at one time because of the heat due to overcrowding but yeah Coxy rinsed out a brilliant set that nite :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Aaron M

I have both Volumes 1 and 2 on cassette at home. Volume 2 is the original bought from Abbey Discs, while Volume 1 is a recording I made from an original copy I was loaned several years back.

Awesome sets, never ever get tired of listening to them. I only wish I could have been there in the flesh.

Does that link provided above contain the whole set, or is there some missing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

anyone know where i can get this from ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I'll upload it for ya i you want, what a night one of those :eek::eek: nights you never wanted to end from one of the greatest ever clubs in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RandomRs

bumping this...... anyone got a copy of the full night??? or know were i can get it?? was too young to go to it (only 14 at the time) but had it on tape and some **** stole on me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 30 revamped

I have a copy that keno gave me of the pressure, orbit, keno cd but I've always wanted to here pressures full set as the two tunes he played last incisions -techno gong and greg d and phi phi - l'odyssey of love are absolute belters....as far as I know the line up was kavanagh, pressure, orbit den keno to finish it off....have kenos full mix on cd also....still one of my favorite mixes of all the dublin dj's along wit Ed case magic roundabout and pressure wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 12 marcdamien1974

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I'll upload it for ya i you want, what a night one of those :eek::eek: nights you never wanted to end from one of the greatest ever clubs in this country.

yeah Jonnny if you can upload it would be great. Cheers pal. by the way, are you Jonny Lennon?

• Advertisement
Advertisement