Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a nice pic of your model?Post it Here!(But stay on topic!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

The menace is going Like a rocket dude ! and the Hyper is clean because I had just cleaned it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I finally got my hands on a decent camera, here are a few pictures of my T-maxx:)

looks nice Plug, those tyres are way too clean :)

tallus wrote:
    looks nice Plug, those tyres are way too clean :)
    Never used before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭ Kyra Large Superhuman

i thought so, they look bigger thanthe stock, nice truck none the less

• Advertisement

Plug wrote:
    Never used before
    okely dokely :)
    go get them dirty !

tallus wrote:
    okely dokely :)
    go get them dirty !
    I,ll wait for the summer, sh!t weather in kk at the moment:(
    rain-raw.jpg

Just took my savage out for a bash ran 2 tanks of fuel through her not a bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭MrVestek

We're filming the Menace soon right tall?

yes we are achilles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dmcracing

Any one interested in electric 1/10th Buggy racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Nice Buggy Derek ;)

Must send my Mi2 up to you sometime to give it a good clean for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dmcracing

Wait till u see my new 4wd for this year!

P.S
    Did you get those motors rounded up yet?

dmcracing wrote:
    Did you get those motors rounded up yet?

No yet.
    But now that you mention it. I had a disastor with my Fantom one last night. { The High revving one }
    Towards the end of race two it died like as if the cells were dumping.
    Fiddled with the brushes and off she went ok again
    Race three I only got one lap in and it died again so I took it out and threw in a BMI one that I had.. Finished secong in race four. ;)

Will get them rounded shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

Hi All,

Probably another sexiest export from Russia next to Anna Kournikova, Maria Sharapova …(list goes on);) . It took me 6 weeks to built at last… I give you, Sukhoi-27B 1/48 Scalemodel.:), lemme know what u ppl think of it..

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

very nice very detailed painting on it

Thanks!
    Here is my legendary Mig-21 BIS 1/72 scale model. Published in Aircraft Resources web site..

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5/4501-4600/gal4524_MiG-21_V/gal4524.htm

i know f...kup front landing gear.....:mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

i cant see whats wrong with the front landing gear. that one is a bit plain compared to your other one but its still good.

The front landing gear mounted. Wrong way at least 360 degrees, (reversed). I will blame FTV for that :D …. Lol.

MySelf56 wrote:
    Hi All,

Probably another sexiest export from Russia next to Anna Kournikova, Maria Sharapova …(list goes on);) . It took me 6 weeks to built at last… I give you, Sukhoi-27B 1/48 Scalemodel.:), lemme know what u ppl think of it..

Ta
    Alexander himself would be proud of those photos :)
    Excellent !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Su27 is definitely one of the sexiest aircraft ever.
    That is a very nice model.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

MySelf56 wrote:
    The front landing gear mounted. Wrong way at least 360 degrees, (reversed). I will blame FTV for that :D …. Lol.

You mean 180?

I'm looking at the photos of the real thing, and even spun around, I'm not sure the nosewheel looks right. Never heard of Eastern Express, but I don't think I'll be buying from them.

I'm sure there's an aftermarket decal manufacturer does Indian Air Force markings. Interesting choice of prototype though.

NTM

My new Ho Bao Mach 28 engine breaking in on Green Models 5% nitro :) She ran like a dream after a few minor hiccups :) about to run a second static tank through her now.

I like it:)

tallus wrote:
    My new Ho Bao Mach 28 engine breaking in on Green Models 5% nitro :) She ran like a dream after a few minor hiccups :) about to run a second static tank through her now.

what sort of hiccups ?
    and
    how would you rate it against your old fuel ?
    16% or 20% whatever you ran before.
    Might change myself if this goes good for you.;)

vectra wrote:
    what sort of hiccups ?
    and
    how would you rate it against your old fuel ?
    16% or 20% whatever you ran before.
    Might change myself if this goes good for you.;)
    well I started running her in on 16% and the engine was running too hot. She cut out a few times on me and it was hard to get her to idle with any kind of stability. So I emptied the 16% out of the tank, and used 5% from a bottle that has sat outside my back door since last year. I thought it would be useless, but hey presto, I put it in to the tank and she started after about 6 pulls. Running extremly rich atm if I open the throttle too much she will cut out and on the second tank now, tho I did have two soft seizes on the second tank, all I had to do was take the heatsink off and clean the cylnder with nail varnish remover. there was a syrupy coloured deposit that had formed near the top of the cylnder and was easily cleaned off. She started on the first pull after I cleaned the gunk away and I have to say I'd rather have a soft seizure like that on very rich fuel than a seizure on higher percentage fuel for obvious reasons. (thanks for the past advice Norman) :)
    I should find out soon enough how she runs on the 5% and I'm hoping to use it all the time if the truck performs as I hope she will. The first two tanks have been static ones but tomorrow, weather permitting I'll be tuning her a little bit more and running a few tanks through her.
    Watch this space :)
    Watch this space !

tallus wrote:
    Watch this space :)
    Watch this space !

You bet..!! :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Keep us posted.
    (but don't lean it out too soon! )

coolwings wrote:
    Keep us posted.
    (but don't lean it out too soon! )
    I wont be leaning it too much, the documentation that came with the engine recommended 2 static tanks with with a bit of revving, then 2-3 more tanks slowly driving with a bit of tuning, and then more tanks again taking it easy. I have misplaced the documentation that came with the engine but it's around here somewhere. Rest assured I'm taking it very gingerly.

• Advertisement

Just ran a tank through her on the move this time all I did was drive in circles looked like there was a fire in the grass she was kicking out so much smoke, letting the motor cool down before I take her out for another one. Will try to get some video but it's hard with only 2 hands :P
    *edit*
    Ran another two tanks through her this morning slighhtly leaned out, she's still smoking like a forest fire, but moving slightly faster.

Advertisement