Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Order for Electric Picnic

• 23-03-2006 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

new order for electric picnic.to be announced at lunchtime............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

it is lunchtime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Announced between half6 and 9 at the launch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

bloc party also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

Ireland's most internationally famous singer/songwriter, Damien Rice, will be curating his own stage for a night - monickered The Big Tree - and will be joined by the following (as Pod/Aiken Promotions JUST confirmed) *VERY DEEP BREATH* Pet Shop Boys, Massive Attack, The Frames, Basement Jaxx, Antony & The Johnsons, Gary Numan, Groove Armada, DJ Shadow, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Frames, Devendra Banhart, Super Furry Animals, Belle & Sebastian, Rufus Wainwright, Bloc Party [above], Alabama 3, The Rapture, Mad Professor, Saul Williams, Tom Vek, Gang of Four, David Kitt, Rachid Taha, Elbow, Graham Coxon, dEus, The Rags, New Order, Dublin Gospel Choir and The Blue Nile (in their only appearance in the world this year !)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

aw man, i was hoping for a definate on MIA. I`ll definatley buy tickets if shes playing.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs would be one that might really push me to get one. I just wish I could buy day tickets though.

• Advertisement

Beau wrote:
    aw man, i was hoping for a definate on MIA. I`ll definatley buy tickets if shes playing.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs would be one that might really push me to get one. I just wish I could buy day tickets though.

why can't u buy day tickets??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

why can't u buy day tickets??

Apperently there are none this year.

Beau wrote:
    Apperently there are none this year.

I'll believe it when I see it. Will not be impressed if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's all camping, I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Damn straight, all camping. I've always thought the notion of day tickets is daft - especially for something on in the middle of Laois!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Pet Shop Boys - Massive Attack - DJ Shadow - Antony & The Johnsons - Gary Numan -New Order

Also:

Basement Jaxx
    Groove Armada
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Elbow
    Graham Coxon
    dEUS
    Devendra Banhart
    Super Furry Animals
    Belle & Sebastian
    Rufus Wainwright

Bloc Party
    Alabama 3
    The Rapture
    Mad Professor
    Saul Williams

Tom Vek
    Gang of Four
    David Kitt
    The Frames

Rachid Taha
    The Rags
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Blue Nile

As I posted earlier Damien Rice will curate a stage called The Big Tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Prince is playing aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

am i the only one on here thats really pi$$ed off that New Order are playin?

Does nobody remember few years back Chili's at Landsdowne when NO were supporting the Bass player made ****ing gestures at the irish flag, which was followed by a near riot at the front of the pit and a whole load of coins being thrown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

full press release:

Subject to License

POD CONCERTS & AIKEN PROMOTIONS PRESENT

THE ELECTRIC PICNIC – The Boutique Musical Festival
    Stradbally Hall, Co Laois – 1st, 2nd , 3rd September 2006

“The Picnic is such a breath of fresh air for concert goers. The huge success of this year’s event (2005) has changed the lie of the land. A brilliant festival is not just about the bands or the location or the chip-free food stalls or the atmosphere or the Body and Soul area or the attention to detail. It’s about quality of the whole event (the boutique festival) .Its about mutual respect”. The Irish Times 2005

The inimitable Electric Picnic – Ireland’s only boutique musical festival – is back for its third year. Voted by music fans as ‘The Love of 2005’ as voted for by Hot Press readers, the Electric Picnic returns as a three day festival on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd September, with camping all three nights in the idyllic and picturesque setting of Stradbally Hall Estate, Co Laois - less than an hour from Dublin.

Last year all 25,000 tickets sold out, this year festival organisers have increased the capacity by five thousand but promise to keep the intimate nature of the festival that concert-goers have come to expect.

In keeping with the eclectic nature and music mix served at the Electric Picnic this year proves no exception with its seven stage line up of:

Basement Jaxx, Massive Attack, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, Groove Armada, Anthony and the Johnsons, DJ Shadow, Damien Rice, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Frames, Devendra Banhart, Super Furry Animals, Belle & Sebastian, Rufus Wainwright (solo), Bloc Party, Alabama 3, The Rapture, Mad Professor, Saul Williams, Tom Vek, Gang of Four, David Kitt, Jim Noir, Rachid Taha, Elbow, Graham Coxon, Deus, The Rags, The Dublin Gospel Choir, topped off with that friend of all things Electric – Gary Numan. And it doesn’t end here, the legendary Blue Nile - this is their only performance in the world this year.

The Body & Soul Village will be enlarged this year, once again located off the beaten track in it’s leafy natural amphitheatre. The self contained village of Indian tipis, hammocks, small domes and Moroccan style dwellings will again be housing organic cafes & juice bars and a range of therapists who offer alternative therapies & workshops from Reiki, Reflexology and Shiatsu to Indian Head Massages, Yoga & Dance Workshops and Tarot Readings.

The festival are also delighted to introduce a brand new area - The Big Tree - which is a new nature foundation being set up by Damien Rice and will feature a carbon neutral oasis of music, arts and organic food.

The Foggy Notions Stage - a new stage being added this year. Foggy Notions are programming a line-up of exciting and exotic sounds from all over the world at this year’s festival. Expect the freshest dance-floor party music, the finest grade heartbreak pop, mind-bending art-rock, ethnic mysticism and the occasional pop icon.

A large theatre area will encompass Lost Vagueness who return again to present their very unique and flamboyant brand of burlesque theatre and cabaret… Once again we can expect The Ballroom & The Laundrettas Laundromat of Love and they will also have their Changing Rooms at the festival. In this lavishly decorated boudoir of Madame Mishka guests take part in a magical transformation of identities, from everyday to extraordinary. Lost Vagueness stylists will help you feel fabulous with a wide selection of apparel, including feathers-boas and ball-gowns, corsets and petticoats, dinner-jackets and tuxedos, trilbies and top hats. The Pussy Parlure, housed in a beautiful 1920’s style wooden Spiegal Tent, will lure you into a positively Purrrrrfect party experience. With a full bar and entertainment, standby also for the delights (or horrors!) of a ‘Stars in Your Eyes’-style karaoke, pop quiz’s, dance classes, giant floor games and groovy DJ’s playing Soul, Latin, Salsa, R&B, Reggae & World. More Pussy Parlure attractions to be announced. And Cirque Idyllic - a colourful plethora of artists from seasoned international performers to capricious variety artistes, slick aerialists, clever clowns and magicians. Groundbreakers, icebreakers, edge cutters, jaw droppers, side splitters and butt clenchers are all cocooned amid the sublime, feelgood D.J’s who keep the space alive, highly charged and harmonious. Be wowed by the stars of the cabaret renaissance.

The Electric Picnic also promises the return of its hugely popular International Comedy club Stage hosted once again by Des Bishop. Line-up yet to be announced.
    The Hot Press Chat Room is back again - a unique opportunity to catch Face-to-Face interviews with the stars of the show, conducted by the Hot Press team, including assistant editor Stuart Clark, Peter Murphy and John Walshe.

The Silent Disco, Cinema and the boutique on-site accommodation of Beach Huts, Podpads & Tipis will also be there.

And the Electric Picnic’s quirky healthy organic food policy continues together with a wider selection of bars providing a wider variety of drinks plus cocktail bars, including the Bacardi B-Bar and the Southern Comfort Crawdaddy Stage.

Female urinals are just one of the many new facilities that will be provided at the festival this year, P-Mates will be provided for female concert goers which will enable them to pee while standing upright! No queues, no waiting around for your turn, no fuss!

Ireland’s only boutique festival, which has grown quickly from an alternative day-out to a 3 day festival is now a major fixture and must for those of eclectic taste.

The Electric Picnic, Ireland’s boutique music festival with seven stages, 3 days of camping takes place 1st 2nd and 3rd September 2006.

Tickets for the three day festival are priced €175, including camping. Phone & internet bookings subject to €5.95 service charge. Agents €2 per ticket handling charge. Avail from www.ticketmaster.ie <http://www.ticketmaster.ie/&gt; / 0818 719300.

JJ Kavanagh’s will provide a nationwide bus service again. Bus info Ph. 01- 6791549/ Tickets for The Electric Picnic go on sale at Ticketmaster from 9am Friday and all major ticket outlets throughout the country.

www.electricpicnic.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

danniemcq wrote:
    am i the only one on here thats really pi$$ed off that New Order are playin?

Does nobody remember few years back Chili's at Landsdowne when NO were supporting the Bass player made ****ing gestures at the irish flag, which was followed by a near riot at the front of the pit and a whole load of coins being thrown?

I remember the crowd being full of the most idiotic people I have ever seen. It was airlifted from the phoenix park the week before from the Irish world cup team home coming. Inflatable tricolour hammers, shamrocks, gigantic novelty guinness pints and all. Every five seconds "OLE OLE OLE". The average age was probably 15 and after they realised they couldnt mosh to New Order they started booing them.

I dont recall New Order doing anything to the Irish flag but if they did I dont blame them. I remember I was praying theyd play "Singing for England" as a big **** you to one of the most ignorant crowds Id ever seen.

ps they played Oxegen last year and it was a far better show and no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Graham Coxon.....New Order....i am a happy happy person!

Yes, tha was one of the worst crowds I've ever been in. None of them even knew who New Order were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

RUFUS!
    DAMIEN!
    BELLE & SEBASTIAN!!

mmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

*double post*

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Lost Vagueness - how quick will the police close their bar this year?
    Yes, tha was one of the worst crowds I've ever been in. None of them even knew who New Order were!

It was one of my first 'I'm getting old' moments.

On a side note, Joy Division just started playing from 8GB on random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

What happened to the bar last year and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭curtains

Gang of Four?? Aren't they sort of split up, this very long time?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I went in near the end of one of the nights (the first, I think) last year, was told by someone behind the bar that the police shut the bar down because of the lewd acts of the main attractions – which were not stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

I was up near the front and I noticed the exact same thing. It was a fupping disgrace - absolutely no respect. Then they played Blue Monday and they got more people on their side. But it really ruined the entire gig for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

I was at that gig and don't remember any of this although any time I've seen the Chillis the place has been full of scumbags.

Curtains: They've reformed, they've had an album reissued, and were pretty big in certain quarters this past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Toast wrote:
    I remember the crowd being full of the most idiotic people I have ever seen. It was airlifted from the phoenix park the week before from the Irish world cup team home coming. Inflatable tricolour hammers, shamrocks, gigantic novelty guinness pints and all. Every five seconds "OLE OLE OLE". The average age was probably 15 and after they realised they couldnt mosh to New Order they started booing them.

I dont recall New Order doing anything to the Irish flag but if they did I dont blame them. I remember I was praying theyd play "Singing for England" as a big **** you to one of the most ignorant crowds Id ever seen.

My thoughts exactly. I remember lots of little ****wits wearing the latest hoodies from Asha booing New Order. Giving them lots of ****. Apart from when they played Love Will Tear Us Apart or Transmission (only when one of the Chilis came out to play with them) and the beginning of Blue Monday (it was too long for their puny attention spans). ****ing saps. Didn't ruin the gig for me, me and my friend just bopped along and enjoyed New Order playing off the crowd (they seemed to play every song a bit longer than normal :D ).

Is EP on during the first week of school again? Significant reduction in fookmookery last year compared to Oxegen thanks to the kids being stuck in school.

1st-3rd September, that's when they're usually back in, isn't it?

Any word on the campsite opening on the Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Didn't Bernard Sumner tell all the kids to "Tell your parents you saw us" before walking off stage, at that Chilis gig? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

dohboy wrote:
    Didn't Bernard Sumner tell all the kids to "Tell your parents you saw us" before walking off stage, at that Chilis gig? :)

He did.

And nekkidbibleman, I'm guessing that they'll be opening up on the Thursday night. Can't **** with tradition!

Advertisement