Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Racing Sims - Online Racing Leagues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Sorry wrong link :o

http://www.rfactor.org/site/

You can find the infos here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭greg-h

I was thinking of seting up a sim racing leauge for cork,Would there be intrest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

greg-h wrote:
    I was thinking of seting up a sim racing leauge for cork,Would there be intrest?

TBH, theres barely one for Ireland so I think the chances of having a successful one for cork are slim. No harm in trying though!

I've started to see the numbers of Irish LFS drivers raise quite alot recently!
    I'm considering setting up an Irish only league. Maybe after christmas.
    Will post here when its going ahead :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

Whats up Niki> I'm up for it - I quit OSR because its bloody crap

CSU wrote:
    Whats up Niki> I'm up for it - I quit OSR because its bloody crap
    doesn't seem to be enough regular interest at the moment. but i will always have plans for the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

i would be interested and so would my friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 c0rn

Hej,

Did this hole thing just die out?

I would love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jusk

Any interest in this? I'd be interested in any leagues/races etc with either RFactor or GTR2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭katana1

jusk wrote: »
    Any interest in this? I'd be interested in any leagues/races etc with either RFactor or GTR2.

I have that game --but I bought it secondhand off ebay-not sure if it's been activated online.I also have RFactor but I just cannot get the hang of it .
    I was an admin on LFS server(UK) but I'm a useless racer.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SRi

www.simracingireland.net

Leagues, Events, Tracks & Mods, if it listed on the site suggest it in the forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Knight of Redemption

http://www.2old2play.com/forums/divisions/2o2race

A new (ish) League we run rF1 BTCC and DTM mods, new season just started. If your over 25 and are looking for a relaxed fun atmosphere then drop by. We have our own Teamspeak server and our host server is at a solid 100mb up and down so usually no connection problems.

Why the age limit? Seems pretty silly.

The web site that hosts our forum is for mature gamers...I am a mature gamer, so that is the site I frequent most. Both the leagues I race with have the same limit. Not sure why you think that is silly, I wish to race with adults not children, I want to be able to converse with adults not children so I join leagues that fit that requirement. There are many other sites and leagues to cater for other tastes and ages. I stated the limit so people knew from the off what our requirements are.

I find it a little odd also that a Moderator should come on with such a daft comment. No welcome to the forum, just a criticism of a new members league requirements...

Overreact much?
    I'm a moderator of one board among (literally) 1000's. I'm no different than anyone else around here. I honestly don't look at a post count or join date unless I have to so sorry I missed your recent joining of boards.ie

My question was a valid one. "Silly" may not have been the best adjective for me to use, so let me expand on that a little. My observation is that age and maturity are not mutually exclusive. To me it seems like that limit cuts out quite a few mature racers. I personally don't care about age, I want to race the fastest as long as they are somewhat clean.
    If you don't want to race "children", that's your prerogative of course and given the constraints you explained, it seems you are stuck with that anyway.
    Each to their own, but to me it just seemed like cutting off a lot of potential mature and quick racers, it makes more sense now that you have explained it.

Welcome to boards.ie. Cool the jets a little and enjoy your stay ;)

Man if you think that is an overreaction you are an over-sensitive soul, my Jets are not in need of cooling, just bemused by your need to jump in and criticise. Had you just asked why the age limit then there would have been nothing to react to. Sure age is no guarantee of maturity but it is not responsible to allow children in on a league that is as much social as competitive, things discussed during practice and the humour and is not really suitable for youngsters. As for missing out on fast racers, well not really, I get my behind handed to me on a plate often enough and race with more than enough Aliens to keep me on my toes.

Thanks for the belated welcome...I wasn't referring to a welcome to the site as a whole just this little corner, you know, one sim racer to another? Seems to be few enough of us here in Ireland, or at least I have not met many on either iRacing or Race2Play, though I race there less than I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nialinius

On iRacing I run the ISOWC and 16th Street Racing League, both featuring the DW12 IndyCar

Oval racing is not as easy as it seems :P

Advertisement