Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Missing person: Richard Wellwood

• 14-03-2006 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

There's a post already about this in the UCD forum but it may need repeating here:
    RTE News wrote:
    Gardaí in Dublin are seeking the public’s help in locating a 21-year-old man who has been missing for four days.

Richard Wellwood of Highfield Mews in Rathmines was last seen at 3.37am on Saturday outside the Abrakebabra restaurant on Westmoreland Street.

He was wearing blue jeans, white Nike runners and a grey hooded top with the hood pulled up. He is described as being 1.9m (6′3″ - 6′4″) in height, well built and with brown hair.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Pearse Street Garda Station on 01-6669000.

Image of him in the RTE News story

I was getting the Nitelink around that time so it's a bit scary. Hopefully he's found well and this is not another case like Trevor Deely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

My girlfriend is very close to his Mam. The family are sending round an e-mail appeal, as below:

Hi,

Please can you read attached document and forward to anyone you know.
    At the moment my brother Richard has been missing since Friday night / Saturday morning. He was last seen on Westmoreland St between 3:30 and 4:00 am.

He was wearing a grey hooded top with hood pulled up, blue jeans and
    white Nike runners.

If you can pass this on to everyone you know then hopefully we may get
    further information as to his whereabouts. Any information please
    contact Pearse St. Garda station on
    01 6669000.

Thanks,

Paul Wellwood

I have also attached the Word doc that is accompanying the e-mail. It contains a picture and some more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

bump

why can't I post the picture ?

The family have put up a €10,000 reward.

BrightEyes wrote:
    dead or alive?

... for information leading to a safe return.

Did it bother you that much you had to ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Genghis wrote:
    ... for information leading to a safe return.

Did it bother you that much you had to ask?
    im sure he'll turn up,if not he probably emigrated to a paradise island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

BrightEyes wrote:

Please don't joke around in a thread like this. Leave it for elsewhere.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

brighteyes
    I have deleted your insensitive comment.
    post anymore crap like that on this thread and I'll ban your thoughtless ass.
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

the poor family, cant imagine what they are going through.
    hope he is found soon, safe and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

That was pretty cold Bright Eyes. Can't imagine what the family are going through, hope he turns up safe and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Here's praying for his safe return...

Sent the email to everyone in my address book too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Nice of you to be so thoughtful bright eyes. Richard is a good friend of mine - everyone is very worried about him and we don't need thoughtless pricks like you making a joke of the situation.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

BrightEyes wrote:

Man you are some d1ckwad.

I hope people have this attitude about you if you ever land in trouble.

Someone ban this guys ass PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

My heart goes out to his family at this time. i hope he returns safe and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Is there any news on him? There's posters up everywhere. Really hope he's safe

Is there any news on him? There's posters up everywhere. Really hope he's safe
    latest news is that he's been spotted on cctv footage going past Messrs Maguire at 4am heading towards George's quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

still good news that he has been seen, hope he is welll and safe and is found soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

I was reading a lot about this in the paper, I hope to god Richard is found safe and soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 La Cucaracha

yeah me too, forwarded the email onto everyone i know, hope he urns up soon. Thoughts are with his family

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

anthonymcg wrote:
    There's a post already about this in the UCD forum but it may need repeating here:

Image of him in the RTE News story

I was getting the Nitelink around that time so it's a bit scary. Hopefully he's found well and this is not another case like Trevor Deely.

i Remember Talking to a friends Father about that Just After, and He Belived That He just got on boat to england...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

My heart goes out to his family at this time. i hope he returns safe and well.
    I echo these sentiments. Please God all will end well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i Remember Talking to a friends Father about that Just After, and He Belived That He just got on boat to england...
    i remember a few years back, here was a guy from Leixlip who disappeared. he was found about a year later in france. said he just wanted to get away from it all. sounds selfish, but sometimes people feel they need a new start and want to leave everything behind.
    if he's been spotted, then it's possible he was doing something similar.
    i know that's little comfort to his family and friends, but at least there is still hope that he is alive and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Crumbs!, my dad has just found some cctv footage of the missing guy on one of his camera's, watching it right now. We are getting this to the gardai, just gotta be careful cause i think this hdd is on its last legs :o .

His body has been recovered from the Liffey. RIP

Yep, RIP.

Sad, very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

really, thats terrible. his family are in my prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

fullstop wrote:
    His body has been recovered from the Liffey. RIP

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

anthonymcg wrote:
    Source?

All i can find is that "a body" has been removed, the police will not even comment on whether its a male or female....

anthonymcg wrote:
    Source?
    As i said earlier in the thread, Richard was a close friend of mine. His family have identified his body. postmortem now being carried out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Wow, I passed dozens of those flyers, on the UCD campus, on Wednesday. I can remember thinking, "Sure, either he'll be found or he has run off to a new life." I guess you just think these things only happen "far away". Hmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

All i can find is that "a body" has been removed, the police will not even comment on whether its a male or female....

Was this story published online somewhere?

Advertisement