Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unseen footage of the riots.

• 25-02-2006 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

http://www.youtube.com/v/pgIlZgt4XV8

Some girl caught this on her camera phone. She's sending it into RTE. You've seen it here first. We really could of done without that. The government surely should of expected something like this however. I still stand firm this march should of been held up North. No good could come out of it being here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Great mentality those knackers have isn't it?
    "Lets show those brits how unwanted they are here by wrecking our own peoples property!"
    F*cking retards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 almv

Thats mad - they could prosecute from that footage - here's hoping they do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

This is so depressing to watch. I really can't believe that people could act like that... It's just plain scary. I'd be afraid that after the riots there will be more violence in general just because these bastards get cocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

almv wrote:
    Thats mad - they could prosecute from that footage - here's hoping they do
    Let's hope the poor girl keeps herself nice and anonymous if they do :/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Looks like a yellow reg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

those bastards, thats some poor fcukers car. i seriously hope that those ***** get done for that.

Bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

cormie wrote:
    Looks like a yellow reg!

So what? That behaviour is a ****ing disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

ye cormie, its a northern reg BMW!! they just got a day out! its so unfair, it really does show the mentality of some people! gobshiites!! thats all they are, they all should be ashamed of themselves. my friend amongst others were locked in their work and not let out for their own safety! that says alot!!

Kazaanova wrote:
    So what?

Just pointing it out:o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol the amount of "trackies" there is unreal,

totally unacceptable behaviour but tbh they are not really the intelligent type...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It makes you think a bit, in NI thats life as normal in the summer for many.

The Gardai will be very interested in that footage and I bet there's quite a bit more floating about.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

what did anyone expect to happen?

all they needed was a excuse to wreak havoc and what better way to give it to them than by letting a loyalist parade through dublin?

give yobs something like that to unite against and your gonna get a mess anyone with any common sense would have seen this coming long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Kazaanova wrote:
    So what? That behaviour is a ****ing disgrace.
    ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Cremo wrote:
    lol the amount of "trackies" there is unreal,

totally unacceptable behaviour but tbh they are not really the intelligent type...

Yeah, absolutely, it was worse actually being there...

Anyway, the amount of people taking pictures on their phones was quite impressive - though a little annoying (since they'd be of such poor quality etc) but, anyway, you should see PLENTY of this kind of stuff on the web.

Cremo wrote:
    tbh they are not really the intelligent type...

Exactly, doesn't excuse it though.

What I found unbelievable though was not only the destruction of other Dubliners property(why the f*ck would they did that god only knows) but the filth actually looted while they were at it.
    So they came out of looking extremely bad. The knackers involved(and I'd count every single person at the protest as a knacker) just seemed to have found an excuse to riot(as they also do at soccer matches) and while they were at it went and stole themselves a few new pairs of nike.

And they didn't stop there, they attacked our own police force , our own reporters and our own cameramen. Patriots my arse.
    F*cking scum.

The orange men on the other hand got away as quick as possible and then thanked the Gardai for getting them out of there safely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I bet someone here knows him!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

What street is that on?

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Lol, looks like he just came out of work, saw what was going on, took off his jacket and tie and said "ah sure f*ck it why not, you only live once".
    Bet hes regretting that this evening.

What really pissed me off about it though was the fact they were tearing apart road works and the like, that stuff was paid for by our taxes and these filthy knackers come and raise the bill even higher. The worst part is we're probably also paying for their dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

There was a chap on RTE news being brought to court who looked just like him, dressed in white overalls. ;)

The overturned cars were off Nassau Street, but these photos look North Inner City? I'd be interested to hear myself Ape...

Incidentally, good work Mike...

Finally - ah yes, the looting...I happened to be right beside it as it happened (I really had a knack for catching the action today :)!) and it was nothing short of incredible. It must have been scary for Schuh employees when they destroyed the door and burst in... They also looted 'Foot Locker'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I expect that ginger tosser will appear on crimewatch or whatever it's called now. They really are skanger bastards aren't they. Did you hear the skangerette sayin somethin about a CD? Fcuking chavs the lot of 'em tbh. Imagine you came back to find your car being destroyed by those morons with IQs at room temperature!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

NoelRock wrote:
    The overturned cars were off Nassau Street, but these photos look North Inner City? I'd be interested to hear myself Ape...

Incidentally, good work Mike...

Finally - ah yes, the looting...I happened to be right beside it as it happened (I really had a knack for catching the action today :)!) and it was nothing short of incredible. It must have been scary for Schuh employees when they destroyed the door and burst in... They also looted 'Foot Locker'...
    When I looked at it I thought it was Nassau Street. Just around where I'd take a left to keep on towards Pearse Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

LOL this reminds me of the 'school protests' a few years ago.

Remember when the secondary school teachers were protesting about 3-4 years ago over money or something? Well, all the school kids of galway went nuts (Including me)

There were protests, riots, etc... The funny thing is that we didnt even know what we were protesting for! Oh, and the fact that eventhough we were all dossing off school, the reason we were protesting was because teachers refused to teach us... Contradiction of the century or what :rolleyes:

I'm so glad that puberty/adolesence copped me on a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It's Nassau St. alright, camera looking eastbound.

How do you loot a shoe shop though? Aren't all the shoes on display L or R? You'd have to go into the storeroom, somehow find what you want, in your size. I'd say a load of those spas have two Left feet Nikes and Reeboks tonight, dopes.

murphaph wrote:

How do you loot a shoe shop though? Aren't all the shoes on display L or R? You'd have to go into the storeroom, somehow find what you want, in your size. I'd say a load of those spas have two Left feet Nikes and Reeboks tonight, dopes.

Therein lies the problem my boy:)! A few single shoes lying around O'Connell street afterwards testified. However, there were also shirts/t-shirts (literally) being flung out the door as these people went into the shop and raided it. 'Foot Locker' was mere window-shopping by comparison.

Indeed it is Nassau Street - there was actually another car overturned on that street later on which I saw... :rolleyes: ... it was bizarre how the riot got that far, I honestly thought I had left it far behind me when I was up there.

I was down in Dundrum Town Centre during the afternoon. It appeared that the riots had inspired some knacker kids there to go nuts for absolutely no reason and were fighting each other, jumping out infront of and on top of cars passing by, starting on other kids etc.
    It was pathetic to watch.

do you have these in a size 8? :rolleyes:

RTE said it'll cost €50,000 to clean up after them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

murphaph wrote:

:D;):p suckers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

ApeXaviour wrote:
    What street is that on?
    About 3 minutes from where I live. I'm suprised they went down so far as I wouldn't even describe my house as being in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

murphaph wrote:

LMAO! :D

Seriosuly though, what a bunch of scumbags. What the hell did damaging someones car do to help them?

Advertisement